The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Mexicola

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:50 am
Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:39 pm
think i asked this last time people were getting a little fed up. Who'd be the ideal targets as a replacement?

Poch who just signed a contract? Zidane? Conte?

Mourinho's actually favourite to be next PL manager gone checking Oddschecker. Not super short or anything, but 7/1.
Poch for me. Would love to see some of the current players developed under a coach. No chance in hell we'd get him
Poch will walk next summer imo
2 points, 8 games, 1 hero.

The team for ENIC's first game at the helm, a defeat at Derby:
N. Sullivan, S. Clemence, G. Doherty, S. Campbell, L.Young, A. Thelwell, S. Freund , T. Sherwood, L. King, A. Booth, L. Ferdinand

Fred__Elliott

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 am

Woodward's obviously briefed the press on Utd's transfers or lack thereof. Fairly scathing on Mourinho, didn't think his targets were much of an improvement on what we have already, were all short term thinking, and they wouldnt sell Shaw or Martial. They obviously feel might outlast the manager

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am

Hopefully. There's the bones of a title winning side there (though personally I think Mourinho is right about Shaw) but Mourinho is willing to melt down the potential of Martial, Pogba
Rashford etc. for short term success like at Chelsea. Wouldn't even work if he was completely backed on all his targets, he's a level below Pep or even Klopp.

citizen snips

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Looking forward to see how Pellegrini does with West Ham this season. Have a feeling they'll do well but they have a seriously tough start fixture wise.