The Footie Thread 2014/15

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Rob

Thu May 03, 2018 1:03 am

I honestly don’t think they would spoil the WC with that cause teams would treat it experimentally like the Confeds cup. Cause they wouldn’t consider the trophy to mean as much as the WC, EC or Copa America.

20bn sounds like a ludicrous amount of
Money to put towards that

VictorBaidu

Fri May 25, 2018 10:18 am

It is always the same. I believe that only raspberry ketone can make some difference anb be a game changer.

cortez

Sat May 26, 2018 12:37 pm

Raspberry ketone for balloon door.

dwayne

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:32 am

World Cup

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Hoping for a Croatia Belgium final.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:59 am

jesus hadnt been paying any attention to transfers with the World Cup

Fulham signed Seri???? WTF?

West Ham signing Felipe Anderson

League has gone mad

Eucrid

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 am

What is the deal with Seri, he almost signed for Barca last season and now he's at Fulham, somethings not right there.

snips

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Liverpool to win the league this season, I know transfers can go tits up and people get ahead of themselves but I don't see that happening with the type of players they've signed.

They're gonna be a scary side this season, especially for City, like always. 😥

Rob

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 am

I can see us making up ground cause we’ve probably improved. And City losing ground (because getting 100 points again isn’t easy).

But I still think there’s too big a gap to make up

Still see City getting 90+, but Liverpool breaking 80 points, fingers crossed

As a f365 article went over, as a Liverpool fan I’d be disappointed with anything less than 2nd spot, or anything below would need a trophy/great CL run again.

Not that it’d constitute a change in a manager. But expectations are as high as I ever remember

Curious will the other clubs catch up with the transfers with the window shutting early

snips

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:21 pm

I know this'll sound really spoiled and of course I want him, but Mahrez is not a priority right now.

Pep's obviously wanted someone for that position since last season, hence the Sanchez interest (looking like a dodged a bullet there.. so far )Then again if Sterling or/and Sane get injured, I don't think Bernardo as good as he is, suits Pep's wing style play, and definitely not compared to Mahrez.

What we need is a DM Fernandinho replacement, and I would say pretty desperately. That Jorginho transfer fucked us bigtime. We should've pulled the plug on Fred at the end of last season when he was all but set for the move and we were strongly linked to Fabhino amny times. I worry about our defence with a midfield 3 of KDB, an aging Silva and who? Fabian Delph?

With these Liverpool signings, I really can't see one weakness in your team. Perhaps whoever pairs with VVD at CB but that's it.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 am

I think Liverpool's biggest issue might be their squad and keeping everyone happy now. Ox's injury is probably a blessing in disguise as it was looking like Henderson, LLalana, Milner, Ox, Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Keita for the 3 available midfield spots. Clyne will be back for the RB spot with TAA.

Other than beside VVD, it's probably no adequate backup for Firmino and what he offers the team as the biggest weakness in the team

Unless United make a big signing such as Alex Sandro for lb, I can't see us anywhere near a challenge. We need threat from our full backs and neither Valencia or Young (First choice now :cry:) offer that on a consistent basis. The fucking moaning out of Mourinho before a ball has been kicked means Im not even looking forward to the start of the season.

Hopefully the new first team coach, Ciaran McKenna, will have more control over training and get the team playing like he had the youths last year but I doubt it. Otherwise it'll be the same plodding shite. Look at the crap Mourinho has been spouting about Pogba since the WC. I'd rather Mourinho left now than in the middle of the season, least we'd have a shot at keeping Martial who I will be raging if he's sold

BadTurtle

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm

All looking very ominous for united this season. Every other team improving or at least moving on, united may well have 10 of the same 11 playing most matches as last year, half of those being players who were consistently underwhelming. That back 4 is going to give me nightmares going up against Liverpool's finished article.

Eucrid

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:59 pm

United are quite solid looking though. I think it'd take a classic Mourinho 3rd season implosion to see United really struggle.

No one knows how Arsenal will look this season. Spurs look to me like a team about slip, especially after a taxing world cup on their squad and Chelseas summers been a mess. City, United and Liverpool should make up 3 of the top 4 fairly handily.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:59 am

Hopefully Valencia's injury will mean Fosu Mensah is kept on and not loaned out, would love to see him given a chance.

United staying in top 4 is dependent on existing players performing better than they did last year, Shaw, Sanchez, Pogba etc, and Mourinho showing a bit of trust in the team he has built. Giving the likes a Fred a good run even if he's not playing great. Something he afforded Sanchez last year and no one else. Hopefully he doesnt get treated like Lindelof/Mhktaryan and forgotten about if he doesnt start well

Would like to see Perreira given a shot as well, though Mourinho has been playing him as DM in preseason :/

Agree with Eucrid that Spurs look like main contenders from last years top 4 that could struggle this year, Kane and Alli looked bolloxed in the latter stages of the WC. They havent added any numbers. Arsenal have added a bit of toughness and experience to their squad. Will depend how they settle obviously but they look most likely to get into top 4 with Aubamenyang and Lacazette having summer off

Eucrid

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 am

I think Aubameyang is going to a massive difference maker for us. If he stays fit I think we'll get back in the top 4.

I'm less confident of my United prediction after Mourinhos post friendly defeat comments though. Already on the defensive and throwing the entire group of young players under the bus. Mourinho 3rd season implosion looking more likely than I thought.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Hope we have a horrible start and he gets the bullet, even if some of his comments are being completely blown out of proportion by the media

Rob

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:39 pm

think i asked this last time people were getting a little fed up. Who'd be the ideal targets as a replacement?

Poch who just signed a contract? Zidane? Conte?

Mourinho's actually favourite to be next PL manager gone checking Oddschecker. Not super short or anything, but 7/1.

BadTurtle

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Give it to Giggsy til the end of the season

Fred__Elliott

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:50 am

Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:39 pm
think i asked this last time people were getting a little fed up. Who'd be the ideal targets as a replacement?

Poch who just signed a contract? Zidane? Conte?

Mourinho's actually favourite to be next PL manager gone checking Oddschecker. Not super short or anything, but 7/1.
Poch for me. Would love to see some of the current players developed under a coach. No chance in hell we'd get him

Nagellsmann but I heard he turned both Bayer and Real down this summer so don't see why he would choose us. I'd like a young coach who will give us a few years.

maradara

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 am

MON fits the bill