Thoughts on the EP line-up sofar?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
locksygold

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Well I'm a bit disappointed, don't want to appear like an ageing moaner but where are the stellar acts like Patty Smith, Arctic Monkeys, Kraftwerk etc? Not suggesting that these play this picnic but you know what I mean.. Really hoping they announce some more decent acts soon.
Would love to have seen PJ Harvey, Grimes or Iggy Pop. Suede headlining would have been fab. I mean Chemical Brothers were frankly boring and predicatable at Longitude last year and Lane Del Ray.. WTF??? :o
Does anyone else agree?
Happy to see LCD Soundsystem make the list though..

darave

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Chems are great live! Normally, I couldn't care less about the headliners and the line up usually gets better as the year progresses but theres loads on that that Id like to see already so Im really happy.

billysexcrime

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 pm

It's a bit meh but LCD, SFA and Broken Social scene are enough to keep me interested so far. Chems only played Longitude last year, they were very good though in fairness but this must be the 20th time they've played an Irish festival at this stage. Hopefully the under card is strengthened in the next announcement. Pretty sure Interpol were only announced at that stage last year so there's hope.

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Chemical Brothers were brilliant at Longitude. Lana Del Ray is a lot less shit than the type of pop act they've been foisting on us the last few years (Sam Smith, Paulo Nutini, Lily Allen). Suede are nowhere near big enough to headline EP. Might be added to the undercard later.

Eucrid

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Lana Del Rey is plenty shit.

i_ate_cats

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I don't have an EP ticket....yet

LCD are an excellent headliner and I reckon it will be phenomenal craic.

SFA should be decent.

Not much else to rouse me just as yet but it's early days.

Glad I have my Primavera ticket.

locksygold

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Suede are actually headlining a number of festivals this year and I'm pretty sure they have sold more records wordwide than Lana del Rey although actual figures are hard to find. Anyway album sales don't necessarily reflect good music. Look at Coldplay!
Last edited by locksygold on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Jones

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:20 pm

I wasn't a fan of LCD atall when they headlined in 2010. Knew a couple of hits, was just rambling along with my mates who were all really excited.

Started with what I later learned was Us v Them, going the time has come, the time has come, the time has come...

I was all :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then later, I had never heard All My Friends atall, so everyone singing their little hearts out all around me was really nice.

Fuck me, it was unreal. Will be brilliant on main stage. Hope the new songs are good.