George Ezra announced for Electric Picnic 2015

Announcements, News, etc from the good people of the Electric Picnic - Lineup announcements, festival details etc
The Caretaker

Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 pm

At 21, George Ezra has seemingly sailed in to his position as one of pop’s most talked about new artists. Even he seems unsure how it happened. The hype around the Hertford-born singer with the booming, bluesy voice certainly hasn’t gone to his head. Of his transition from umpteen One To Watch 2014 lists to top ten staple, he remains refreshingly non-plussed.

“I keep being told that this is my year,” says Ezra. “Which is nice, but problematic because I’m planning to be around in 2015 and long beyond.”

Early proof of this longevity came in June when - a year after his debut festival performance on Glastonbury’s BBC Introducing Stage - Ezra returned to the festival to headline the same tent to a capacity crowd, before a set on the John Peel Stage the following day which, according to festival organisers, saw the biggest crowd that stage has ever seen. His debut album Wanted On Voyage was released the following day and remains in the UK album top ten today.

Tickets are now on sale for the 12th Picnic. Don’t forget - the second batch of tickets will be on sale until midnight December 31st. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ju7n7n