Football Season 2013-2014

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
eventSecurity

Wed May 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
never_green wrote:hmmmm, should united hold off and see if carlo is jobless come the start of the summer then?
I'd much much rather him than Van Gaal. Both of them are paid up members of that european managerial merry-go-round brigade, that i hope we don't become a victim of, but i like ancelotti, and i always thought Chelsea were nuts for not holding onto ancellotti.

Van Gaal, seems like way too much of a pragmatist for me.

Plus he sort of looks like a face drawn on a thumb, which is as valid as reason as any.

Reminds me of this guy:

I dont think ancellotti is all that either though. 3 league titles is all he's ever won (in league terms, I know he has cups). One with PSG which was virtually a guarantee.
I reckon him and LVG are as good as each other tactically but LVG will be a better fit.
He'll come in and fuck a few players off which is what ye need at the minute. Get lads back into line, an awful lot have taken their eye off the ball this year

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:29 pm

Ferdinand is sounding awful comfortable every time I've heard him recently. Hope to fuck he doesn't get another deal. Or if he does its just so VG can crack his head open as an example.

dwayne

Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Wonder how Van Gaal will take to Rooney showing up to preseason a stone overweight

Eucrid

Thu May 08, 2014 11:58 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Wheres the youtube tags?

phpBB [video]
Just use the video tag.

never_green

Thu May 08, 2014 12:01 pm

you can just use the video tag now and there's no need to worry about SSL \o/

blitzen

Thu May 08, 2014 12:51 pm

phpBB [video]

:lol:

Also Barnsley have let Emmanuel Frimpong go after just FOUR months

AND
Tottenham outcast Sandro has revealed the club will sack Tim Sherwood in the coming days – and he says he can’t wait for a new start under a different manager.

The Brazilian midfielder, known as ‘the Beast’ among supporters, has been dropped from the Spurs team after falling out with Sherwood.

And just weeks after he mocked his boss on Twitter, Sandro now says he’s looking forward to the future, because it won’t include Sherwood.

‘Sherwood will leave at the end of the season,’ Sandro told ESPN Brazil.

‘Then it’s a new coach – a new everything! I am happy at the moment.’
Ever the quiet one is our Sandro.

Rob

Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 pm

30 man German squad. The new Barca keep not in it. Gomez (who's had an injury hit year) is not in there either. only 2 out and out strikers when they have 7 reserves and all

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Howedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal), Shkodran Mustafi (Sampdoria), Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund).

Midfielders: Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Leon Goretzka (Schalke), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Andre Hahn (Augsburg), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Max Meyer (Schalke), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich).

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim)

dwayne

Thu May 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Know he was never seen as an option, but what is it Loew has against Stefan Kiesling?

Rob

Thu May 08, 2014 6:15 pm

dwayne wrote:Know he was never seen as an option, but what is it Loew has against Stefan Kiesling?
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnf ... 14?cc=5901

Biggy Shackleton

Thu May 08, 2014 8:18 pm

"I couldn't give a wet cheese about the World Cup,"

Ha! A wet cheese.... That's a new one on me.

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Thu May 08, 2014 8:20 pm

"I couldn't give a wet cheese about the World Cup"
Gah, just in before me!

Fred__Elliott

Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

such a german thing to say!

Rusty Shackleford

Thu May 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Fair play to him. I hate the way its always just assumed that every player is dying to play in the World Cup. Maybe there are some out there who are happy picking up their pay cheque and couldnt give a fuck (or a wet cheese) about it

dazzler

Thu May 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Isn't Ter Stergen absolutely class?

Why isn't he involved?

Rusty Shackleford

Fri May 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Shad Kahn should be worrying about how he's gonna get us promoted instead of big ass video screens. Although this is pretty cool. Biggest in the world or somethin. I wonder if we can get one at the cottage??

Rob

Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm

dazzler wrote:Isn't Ter Stergen absolutely class?

Why isn't he involved?
I think Adler's ahead of him too (or at least was in a squad more recently)

Plus Ter Stegen has done an Enkleman twice (once with Germany) which surprises me that Barca would go for a keeper with bad feet. But this line on his wiki probably seals it:

"In the three matches that he played for Germany the team never won and they conceded 12 goals."

blitzen

Fri May 09, 2014 3:28 pm

L'Equipe and GFN France reporting that Aston Villa and Newcastle United are chasing St Etienne coach Christophe Galtier as their next manager.

Never heard of the lad but I bet he'll still be better than either Lambert or Pardew.

dazzler

Fri May 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Have any of you ever bought football shirts off Ali Express?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1030032

They don't show the sponsor logo in the picture, but it's on all the shirts apparently

Gatsby

Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Just be wary of a few sellers, always ask for an actual picture first.

I've bought a good few that were top quality.

But so few had the west ham jersey, this is the picture listed

and this is what i got..

Still, it's quite a nice jersey, but i wont get away with "claret" and blue :)
"Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further…And on fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."