Football Season 2013-2014

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
blitzen

Wed May 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Hull City’s David Meyler will not be banned for the FA Cup final for his apparent stamp on Manchester United’s Adnan Januzaj after the Football Association decided not to take retrospective action against the Republic of Ireland midfielder.
The referee, Craig Pawson, has told FA officials that he was looking directly at the incident which took place during Tuesday’s 3-1 win for United at Old Trafford.
Under the rules allowing cases to be dealt with retrospectively, as the referee had a clear, unobstructed view it is not classed as the incident having not been seen by match officials.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ ... -1.1786494

Also: #MCFC XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko
#AVFC XI: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Baker, Bertrand, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Bowery

No Aguero means my FF is wrecked this week :evil:

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Guess ill be cheering arsenal on in the FA cup then.
The FA just underlining how stupid that rule is. They support genuine incompetence to avoid doing their job properly.

Mexicola

Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm

City are dreadful
2 points, 8 games, 1 hero.

The team for ENIC's first game at the helm, a defeat at Derby:
N. Sullivan, S. Clemence, G. Doherty, S. Campbell, L.Young, A. Thelwell, S. Freund , T. Sherwood, L. King, A. Booth, L. Ferdinand

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Ronaldo off injuried after 9 minutes...
Last edited by BadTurtle on Wed May 07, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob

Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Mexicola wrote:City are dreadful
should i live in hope?

Wish Benteke was there to be a nuisance

Tony Mokbel

Wed May 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Rob wrote:
should i live in hope?

More a game for Gabby with his pace. He's fucking useless, but he's fast at least. Might see Jack Grealish off the bench tonight. He was on loan at Notts County all season and was super for them and played a big part in keeping them up. Likes a shot and to go past players, but could be a bit lightweight still for the prem. Half expected him to get his game for Ireland before Villa tbh. MON has had a few chats with his dad about bringing him through quickly

Mexicola

Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Rob wrote:
should i live in hope?

Villa are just sitting in and frustrating them. City are very slow again, Dzeko refusing to get into the box is also helping
2 points, 8 games, 1 hero.

The team for ENIC's first game at the helm, a defeat at Derby:
N. Sullivan, S. Clemence, G. Doherty, S. Campbell, L.Young, A. Thelwell, S. Freund , T. Sherwood, L. King, A. Booth, L. Ferdinand

Tony Mokbel

Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Mexicola wrote:
Rob wrote:
should i live in hope?

Villa are just sitting in and frustrating them. City are very slow again, Dzeko refusing to get into the box is also helping
We're absolutely playing for a draw at best, but I think the plan might be to see if anything crops up the more desperate City get and try to get in behind them

ishouldcoco

Wed May 07, 2014 7:51 pm

All the 'Pool fans saying a draw would make Monday's result even more painful are fucking eejits.

Not even watching the match but would be funny if Villa successfully parked the bus and West Ham followed suit! Is Aguero back this weekend?

Bring on Grant Holt!

ishouldcoco

Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Nice goal by Borini. https://vine.co/v/M6txeQZi75t

He woulda been far better than bloody Aspas and Moses. If only we knew we were gonna be in a title race at some point.....

dwayne

Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm

He was probably more use to us at Sunderland, to be fair.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Yaya is a beast

Tony Mokbel

Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Real throw it away, last game of the season between Barca and Atletico looks like it'll be winner takes all now, but a point wins it for Atletico

never_green

Wed May 07, 2014 9:06 pm

hmmmm, should united hold off and see if carlo is jobless come the start of the summer then?

dwayne

Wed May 07, 2014 9:08 pm

Well Barca have to beat Elche away to have a chance on the last day of the season, the way they've been playing that isn't guaranteed.

Biggy Shackleton

Wed May 07, 2014 9:20 pm

never_green wrote:hmmmm, should united hold off and see if carlo is jobless come the start of the summer then?
I'd much much rather him than Van Gaal. Both of them are paid up members of that european managerial merry-go-round brigade, that i hope we don't become a victim of, but i like ancelotti, and i always thought Chelsea were nuts for not holding onto ancellotti.

Van Gaal, seems like way too much of a pragmatist for me.

Plus he sort of looks like a face drawn on a thumb, which is as valid as reason as any.

Reminds me of this guy:

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
never_green wrote:hmmmm, should united hold off and see if carlo is jobless come the start of the summer then?
I'd much much rather him than Van Gaal. Both of them are paid up members of that european managerial merry-go-round brigade, that i hope we don't become a victim of, but i like ancelotti, and i always thought Chelsea were nuts for not holding onto ancellotti.

Plus he sort of looks like a face drawn on a thumb, which is as valid as reason as any.

Reminds me of this guy:

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Van Gaal reminds me a lot of someone but i cant think who

It might be

Fred__Elliott

Wed May 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Its crazy to think that Giggs is just a year younger than Rodgers. I thought Rodgers was years older

Zook

Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:

Reminds me of this guy:

I said the same thing the other day! Mad looking head on him