F1 Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat May 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Dunno if we have any fans here.

Rosbergs mistake in qualifying this morning was very suspicious. Could be in line for some Senna-Prost levels of dickishness between him and Hamilton this season.

JasonManic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat May 24, 2014 6:21 pm

He's been cleared now of any wrongdoing. I'd say it was a genuine mistake, though he's probably pretty pleased with how it turned out. Hamilton being the whiny little bitch he is won't be happy about it though. Can see him winning tomorrow all the same.

BadTurtle

Sat May 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Hamilton was absolutely fuming in the interview afterwards. The first corner tomorrow will be very interesting.

Biggy Shackleton

Sun May 25, 2014 7:55 am

I don't see why the yellow flag had to come out. Where he was, he was well in off the track.

Did the yellow flag come out because he tried to reverse out of the little slip lane he went down, back onto the track?

Cos if that was the case I'd believe that was far more deliberate.

JasonManic

Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 am

For safety they definitely had to wave it though. If they don't wave it and Hamilton goes off too and into Rosberg then there would be uproar. It's a bit stupid though, under a yellow flag you only have to prove you've slowed down - if it's just a small bit - and they'll let you carry on with your flying lap.

JasonManic

Sun May 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Wasn't a bad race. Hamilton's cracking up though, some of his radio messages were just desperate.

Delighted for Marussia too!

BadTurtle

Sun May 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Yeah it was great to see Bianchi get points on the board.
Less fireworks than I had expected, but the rest of the season will be very interesting between the Mercedes drivers. Hamilton took it very badly.

LordPercy

Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

That was a pretty good race. Even it turns out not to be massas fault always felt he was likely to do something like that. He's always been too rash when he's stuck behind somebody.

Got a free ticket for mondello so went down on saturday. Was pretty good craic, formula fords, fiesta, historics and formula libre. Think the tickets were only €12.50 for the day so think I'll head back again

JasonManic

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 am

Great race. Was rooting for Massa and Perez to both possibly grab a podium, so very disappointed at how that ended up. Long time since it's been that close between the top 6/7 at the end of the race though. Even Hulkenburg, Button and Alonso weren't far behind.

Nice to see Ricciardo win it though, he seems a genuinely decent guy.

Hamilton's definitely the stronger of the two Mercs though. Title is still his to lose.

enemies/friends

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:44 am

Massa's crash was a good one anyway.

LordPercy

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 am

Stewards blamed Perez, he moved off his line apparently. Have to say it looked more like Massas fault.

The two DNFs could be very costly for Hamilton but he's the stronger driver alright. Be interesting to see how the relationship breaks down between himself and Rosberg though, don't think it's going to end up as toxic as Hamilton/Alonso but can see it going the Vettel/Webber levels of animosity

enemies/friends

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:53 am

I wouldn't really have blamed anyone for that crash, just one of those things that happens at 180mph or whatever it was. At least they both are fine, but it looked pretty dramatic.

Does anyone have the Sky Sports f1 channel? They've shown a load of old races lately, it's great seeing the Sennas and Prosts and Bergers and Alessis and all again. I enjoyed it a a lot more in those days too than now.

BadTurtle

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Great capitalisation from Ricciardo, well deserved win.
Rosberg did well to finish second though, there have been reports from 'a rival team boss' that hybrid failure would mean automatic retirement for their drivers. He did get away with one after missing the chicane though. That's two GPs in a row he's arguably been lucky to escape a sanction.

JasonManic

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 am

enemies/friends wrote:I wouldn't really have blamed anyone for that crash, just one of those things that happens at 180mph or whatever it was. At least they both are fine, but it looked pretty dramatic.
They're always sanctioning someone whenever there's a crash. You never see just a racing incident anymore. Pressure from sponsors maybe?

LordPercy

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 am

I was only thinking about this walking in to work this morning (the Chilton Bianchi incident to be specific) I really wish they'd let more of them slide. Okay it'll make feck all difference to Chiltons race but from what could be seen of the incident it wasnt as if he plouhed in wildly.

When you hear some of the older drivers talking I think that they feel that the younger drivers are too blasè about safety as crashes rarely have any long term consequences so the penalties are the only way they can reign them in. Plus once the precedent has been set I'm sure no steward wants to create a row by being accued of inconsistency.

JasonManic

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:45 am

Come on Williams. Hoping for a Mercedes incident again :thumbs:

BadTurtle

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Good win for Hamilton. Would've liked some karma for Rosberg today

JasonManic

Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:34 am

What a weekend.

First of all, I really hope Bianchi is alright. I saw a few pics of the crash and it really looked horrible. The top of the car was sheared off. Very scary.

Who's made the better choice for next season, Vettel to Ferrari or Alonso to McLaren? I doubt either of them are going to see many podiums tbh. I suppose with McLaren getting Honda engines they're a bit of a mystery though. The race itself was pretty good too. Fair play to Ricciardo and Vettel going for risky overtakes in such bad conditions. Hamilton definitely deserved the win as well.

Hope to fuck the title isn't decided by the double points nonsense anyway.

Tony Mokbel

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 am

JasonManic wrote:I saw a few pics of the crash and it really looked horrible. The top of the car was sheared off. Very scary..

Hard to know if the crash caused that, or if it was the extraction team who did it. Hopefully it was the latter, but the relative silence from the team and hospital definitely isn't good

Tony Mokbel

Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:16 am

Just seen a video of the crash. Jesus fucking christ, how he wasn't decapitated I'll never know. The force of the car actually lifted the JCB about 3 foot in the air. He was NOT going slowly...