What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Zook

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Singer of Linkin park hung himself

eventSecurity

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 pm

schteeeve wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.
Darver castle in Louth, 5 mins from dundalk

Rob

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 am

I can't get enough of the little hot dog guy on snapchat

schteeeve

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:53 am

eventSecurity wrote:
schteeeve wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.
Darver castle in Louth, 5 mins from dundalk
Probably a good shout but my brother was supposed to get married there in April.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 am

Zook wrote:Singer of Linkin park hung himself
Yeah that was a mad one. First Cornell now this lad. Wonder will there be a spate of rock suicides now.

Zook

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 am

when cornell died black hole sun was in my head for a week after

now in the end is stuck in my head.. encore comes in at times too..

they were good mates apparently too and he died on cornells birthday

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

Thats weird. Theres a lot of studies done about suicide clusters. This could be like a mini one.

Zook

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am

i've heard of that a lot in families... with people i know too

one woman lost her 2 kids in the space of a year to suicide.. her son first then a year later she found her daughter hanging out the back with the dog sitting under her

Dick Jones

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:22 pm

A friend of my brother lost his dad last year, and his mother committed suicide a few months later.

Absolutely horrifying.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 pm

That lad who was killed in Swords over the weekend was the father of the best friend of a really close family friend of mine. Random attack walking home from the pub. He was found a couple of hundred meters from my parents house. My dad would walk that way after getting the night link, or just home from the pub in Swords in general. Really makes you think.

Phierstarter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Jeez guys, it's Friday.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Zook wrote:i've heard of that a lot in families... with people i know too

one woman lost her 2 kids in the space of a year to suicide.. her son first then a year later she found her daughter hanging out the back with the dog sitting under her
Yeah 2 of my ma's first cousins have killed themselves in the last couple of years. Its got to be the toughest thing in the world to deal with afterwards. One of their mothers called around last week to my house so her granddaughter could play with my son and just randomly in the middle of chatting she starting bawling crying about it again. Its always just there right under the surface.

Zook

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Eucrid wrote:

Yeah 2 of my ma's first cousins have killed themselves in the last couple of years. Its got to be the toughest thing in the world to deal with afterwards. One of their mothers called around last week to my house so her granddaughter could play with my son and just randomly in the middle of chatting she starting bawling crying about it again. Its always just there right under the surface.
jesus thats sad, you'd never fully recover from it especially your own child

i knew a young lad who hung himself up in the graveyard near my house years ago, he was only about 19 at the time. him and his girlfriend had just had a fight. about 3 years later his mother hung herself, her husband found her. twice he's had to go through that, i don't know how you'd go on from that

Zook

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 pm

sorry for the downer lads

if yis need a laugh go on to facebook and find "kays good cooking"

flemo you'd love it

electricnose

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Zook wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

jesus thats sad, you'd never fully recover from it especially your own child

i knew a young lad who hung himself up in the graveyard near my house years ago, he was only about 19 at the time. him and his girlfriend had just had a fight. about 3 years later his mother hung herself, her husband found her. twice he's had to go through that, i don't know how you'd go on from that
It must be a miserable existence dealing with that shit in your head all the fucking time.

LordPercy

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Pretty sure I mentioned this before but I know a lad who left his sisters wedding and hung himself.
Guards went to the wedding and told his stepdad who decided not to tell anybody that night in order to let them at least have the day. Poor fella had to go through the night knowing he was going to have to tell people in the morning. Horrible situation

JC!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

I do hope that someday we'll be in a position to look back in dismay at how we didn't, at a national level, address mental health properly for so long. but I fear we never really will.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:55 pm

JC! wrote:I do hope that someday we'll be in a position to look back in dismay at how we didn't, at a national level, address mental health properly for so long. but I fear we never really will.
One of my cousins was in England when he did it. He had told everyone he was thinking about it, suffering badly from depression. He'd had loads of help and yet still there was nothing they could do. I don't think we, as in humans, really understand it well enough yet to help a lot of people.

Zook

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:07 pm

A lot of the time it can be a complete and utter shock to everyone involved. You always hear someone say "they were in great spirits just before it".

the fella i bought my first car off left his childs christening to do it. he booked a hotel room and killed himself in the room. he even told one of his mates "i'm going off to kill meself" and his mate thought he was joking