What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
enemies/friends

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 am

Saves getting up to walk to the bathroom/toilet

Dick Jones

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Dunno, the drain's in bits anyway.

LordPercy

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Having worked in a wastewater treatment works it's not remotely unusual to see stuff like that in the drains

thedark
Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Two neighbours knocked in last night to tell us about a problem with the drains on the street. Two gafs have been flooded the past couple of days, and another had no running water.

The lads fixing them found nappies, tin cans, plastic and bits of wood and other trash in each drain. So they're saying they need to get into every gaf to clear them out, otherwise it's gonna keep happening.

There's a fella around five doors up the other way who lives on his own, council house, and you can tell from the outside that the gaf is in bits. Hangs his washing on a bit of wood wedged against his front window, that kind of thing. So everyone's pretty sure he's flinging half his rubbish down the drain thinking the elves will sort it out.

How fuckin stupid can people be.
Just because he lives by himself in a council house, all the neighbours have turned on him. What a shower.

Eucrid

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Poor cunt doesn't even have any chaps and they're blaming him on the nappies.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm

one of our neighbours put letters in every door on the road a while back asking not to flush baby wipes down the jacks as 2 back yards had been flooded in as many days. The houses are over 120 years old and the drainage is all just 1 linked pipe down the street. They couldnt put water meters on it either.

anyway we're one of the first houses on the road at the top of the hill, so I'm not going back to normal toilet paper to wipe

Eucrid

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

You can buy flushable ones.

Phierstarter

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:23 pm

This is significant, Google likely to block Breitbart
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ve-content
However the "AI-powered tools, to increase the company’s capacity to review questionable content for advertising" create a different set of problems.

Phierstarter

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Weird, a mummified body was found in a Hindu temple that's being built near me.

i_ate_cats

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 am

Ugh... shitty wet snow falling in Cork

Zook

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:42 am

yeah its been a miserable few days hasnt it?

its meant to get a bit better at the weekend

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 am

Gig tickets are getting out of hand. And its not just in Ireland. Just paid £96 for Metallica in Glasgow.

I know its the punters fault for caving in an paying, but its ridic money.

Eddie Vedder was 95 Euro. For him to waffle on with a ukulele for a couple hours

Dick Jones

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 am

So the guy I follow on twitter who is confident every allegation against Trump is 100% lies, and also that Hilary Clinton is a satan worshipper who personally murders children on an ongoing basis, has now started tweeting furiously that their supreme court judge who died last year was assassinated by Clinton's campaign manager (who is also a murderous paedophile).

thedark
Location: Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 am

Dick Jones wrote:So the guy I follow on twitter who is confident every allegation against Trump is 100% lies, and also that Hilary Clinton is a satan worshipper who personally murders children on an ongoing basis, has now started tweeting furiously that their supreme court judge who died last year was assassinated by Clinton's campaign manager (who is also a murderous paedophile).
He's so wrong, it obviously bears all the hallmarks of a council house dwelling loner.

Eucrid

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Phierstarter wrote:This is significant, Google likely to block Breitbart
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ve-content
However the "AI-powered tools, to increase the company’s capacity to review questionable content for advertising" create a different set of problems.
According to that they're just going to stop advertising on sites like Brietbart, not stop indexing them.

Brietbart seems to get a higher ranking on a lot of news searches I do than it deserves at the moment though. They need to sort that out. If I want to know about something their take shouldn't be top 3.

Dick Jones

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah I googled something the other day...can't remember what but, Breitbart News was the fifth result or something

fatguy2k1

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Gig tickets are getting out of hand. And its not just in Ireland. Just paid £96 for Metallica in Glasgow.

Eddie Vedder was 95 Euro. For him to waffle on with a ukulele for a couple hours
Festivals are the way to go €300 for a 3 day event. better value but it's a long slog. saying that i've not been to a festival since 2010 and been to a gig in dublin since before that. :lol: The cheap/free gigs in Galway is the way to go.

LordPercy

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 pm

EP tickets on sale tomorrow actually. Missed out on the camper tickets so think I might just settle for a day ticket if I can get one.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Eucrid wrote: According to that they're just going to stop advertising on sites like Brietbart, not stop indexing them.

Brietbart seems to get a higher ranking on a lot of news searches I do than it deserves at the moment though. They need to sort that out. If I want to know about something their take shouldn't be top 3.
my mate, well dont really consider him a mate anymore because of this kind of shit, is constantly tweeting Breitbart and Zerohedge (massive pro russian pro trump site) links. When you read their stories they're all like opinion pieces. Everything is he said she said, no sources or corroboration. He thinks they're the most trustworthy site out there

Dick Jones

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Gig tickets are getting out of hand. And its not just in Ireland. Just paid £96 for Metallica in Glasgow.

Isn't the fact that nobody can sell records any more also the reason ticket prices have shot up.

Like the biggest lads, Drake and Coldplay or whoever the fuck, even their sales are garbage? That's been my assumption.

Also, Metallica UK tour announced? Fuckit, was hoping they'd play here.