What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
eventSecurity

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm

LordPercy wrote:
eventSecurity wrote:From what I remember about Affleck, it was settled and nothing proven. The only people to speak about it were two other women who came out and defended Affleck, unless more had come out?
Putting him in the same bracket as Polanski is a bit of a stretch imo.
But that's what I meant. People are quite happy to work with Polanski who was guilty of a much more serious crime so it's no surprise to see the double standards when Affleck is alleged to have done some of the same things as Trump
:thumbs:

Phierstarter

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Some reports popping up that the US IC are claiming Russia has compromising info on Trump (don't we all, and that's their job) but also that he communicated with their government. Also, depending on the content of the communications, not that surprising anymore, but it indicates a public stand off between president-elect and the people who actually dictate foreign policy.

Edit:

This is beautiful:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... ww8kzx6mEN

Looks like it's old allegations, but now dressed up with the classic Russian cover story, when the blackmail is actually coming from within.

tl;dr all sides play the fake news game #goldengate

electricnose

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 am

Happy New Year everyone. Who the fcuk are CR-Team and sanexmusic, CR-Team spams the fcuk out of the Rumours & Wishlist forum with his releases and sanexmusic spams the fcuk out of the music and gigs recommendations forum, why are they getting away with this, their music does not seem to have any remote connection to the Electric Picnic festival, apart from its just dance music. Should these users not be made just choose one particular thread rather than a whole forums. Some of us do like to talk about music too.

Zook

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 am

ah they make the place look busy sure what harm is it, its not stopping you from talking about music

i_ate_cats

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 am

I just ignore those sections, which is grand, quarantines the spam.

Eucrid

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 pm

TBF they did kind of kill the music forum.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Phierstarter wrote:Some reports popping up that the US IC are claiming Russia has compromising info on Trump (don't we all, and that's their job) but also that he communicated with their government. Also, depending on the content of the communications, not that surprising anymore, but it indicates a public stand off between president-elect and the people who actually dictate foreign policy.

Edit:

This is beautiful:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... ww8kzx6mEN

Looks like it's old allegations, but now dressed up with the classic Russian cover story, when the blackmail is actually coming from within.

tl;dr all sides play the fake news game #goldengate
with the dossier being released by buzzfeed, if they're unable to prove any of it true, they've just made Trump bulletproof. It will reinforce his position of the media and establishment being out to get him

Phierstarter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:09 pm

They contain untruths so any truths they might contain are compromised.
The only thing is that new is the intelligence officials have decided now is a good time to claim the source (an ex MI6 agent posted in Russia) is credible, and tell CNN.
It's a nice test of who calls the shots between the president, fourth estate, and the IC.

Phierstarter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Snowing again. I'm so over it.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Phierstarter wrote:They contain untruths so any truths they might contain are compromised.
The only thing is that new is the intelligence officials have decided now is a good time to claim the source (an ex MI6 agent posted in Russia) is credible, and tell CNN.
It's a nice test of who calls the shots between the president, fourth estate, and the IC.
also you feel its the heads of the IC getting a few last potshots in at Trump before he replaces them all

Zook

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Eucrid wrote:TBF they did kind of kill the music forum.

i think the lack of people posting in the music forum killed the music forum

Eucrid

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Maybe but they made it very annoying to use. I guess the fact there is like 5 of us left posting means we don't really need more than one forum.

Zook

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 pm

I've tidied it up there now anyway...now lets wait for the influx of music forum users :lol:

mooch

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Zook wrote:
Eucrid wrote:TBF they did kind of kill the music forum.

i think the lack of people posting in the music forum killed the music forum
lack of eric the beard

shivo

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 am

Went to an opera for the first time last night.

I don't mind theatre, I can even stomach a musical, but holy jaysus it was a bag of shite.

No intermission either so no chance to bail half way through. Couldn't sleep either with all the wailing.

Phierstarter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:17 am

shivo wrote:Couldn't sleep either with all the wailing.
:lol:

LordPercy

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

I'd never heard of them until they were anounced a few weeks ago but they've booked a pair of assholes called the happy pear to do a motivational talk thing in work. I can see me sticking pens in my ears before long. Somebody described them as a hyperactive Jedward. We also get given their vegan cookbook at the end. That'll be useful. :|

Fred__Elliott

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 pm

heard them on the radio over xmas. Posh twats

i_ate_cats

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Those lads are awful and inexplicably popular.

My sister gave me one their books for xmas last year. The smugness is tough going.

shivo

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 pm

If they're the same guys that have/had a place in Greystones where I was dragged to a fair few times about 10 years ago, then they can fuck right off.

Hated the that place. Everyone in there, be they customer or worker, tried to give off a vibe that they were simply better than everyone else.