What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
fatguy2k1

Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 pm

eric the beard wrote:organising a stag for next year atm.

very early days but i just wanted to get a head-count, see how many realistic numbers we'll end up with.

got a feeling this is going to be a nightmare. loads of people not responding to texts or emails and lots of 'pretty sure i'll go', 'maybe' etc. looks like we'll have around 15 reliable people in total, though.

heading to edinburgh - any tips & hints are appreciated.
get someone like stag.it to do it for you. once you have the venue and activity sorted, the guys going on the stag can pay for what they want (1 night or 2, if they are doing the activity). It's piss easy for the lads to pay from there. *this is advice i should have taken when organizing my own stag*
oh and Edinburgh - go to the Burke and Hare, it's the most classy of the 3 strip joins in the pubic triangle. :thumbs:

fatguy2k1

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:01 pm

shivo wrote:I'm probably gonna have to orginise my own - Are there any decent stag ideas that don't solely revolve around drinking?
things I've done on stags - paintballing, adventure center (like delphi or carlingford lough), bubble football, cycling trail, go carting

Eucrid

Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 pm

I went on a walking tour on a stag recently, perfect activity. Last think I want after a night of heavy drinking is to be paintballing or rolling around in a bubble. A nice walk and then back to the pub, grand.

i_ate_cats

Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:31 pm

There's been clay pigeon shooting at one I went to before.

Not my cup of tea. Nerves were a bit too raw for it. You'd want to be doing before any drinking started.

A walk sounds very civilised, I could manage that.

Endless drinking has always been the main activity.

Eucrid

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Did a brewery tour of GBB for my own. Also recommended, a few smallish tastes as you go around eases you back into it. Then they bring you to their pub in Salthill for a pint and a bit of lunch, the tour guide did force a jaeger on me before lunch though.

Zook

Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Some fella nearly crashed in to me today cos he waving at someone across the road

I'm having the weirdest reaction to it though, I can't stop laughing about it :lol:

It's not even funny.. maybe it's my nerves or something

Rob

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:22 pm

Feck, just realised Uber in Dublin is just UberTaxi so you're just getting picked up by a taxi and it's not any cheaper than a regular Uber where it's some random geezer in a car

Phierstarter

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Fuckparade this Saturday :)

JC!

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Rob wrote:Feck, just realised Uber in Dublin is just UberTaxi so you're just getting picked up by a taxi and it's not any cheaper than a regular Uber where it's some random geezer in a car
used be cheaper, but i think the rates went up

you used get the odd private car, but sure why would you bother with the number of licences out there and available. the model would have been unbelievable 15 years ago. now not so much.

eventSecurity

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 pm

On the stag front, I fuckin hate "stagtivities". Go to a pub and drink, job done

Rob

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:16 am

JC! wrote:
Rob wrote:Feck, just realised Uber in Dublin is just UberTaxi so you're just getting picked up by a taxi and it's not any cheaper than a regular Uber where it's some random geezer in a car
used be cheaper, but i think the rates went up

you used get the odd private car, but sure why would you bother with the number of licences out there and available. the model would have been unbelievable 15 years ago. now not so much.
I'm assuming it was introduced here with the state only allowing licenced drivers to use it as an additional way to find fares.

In Toronto and probably other places, there's been lots of debate from both parties, but it hasn't been curtailed yet

I was expecting some guys I went to school with to be spinning around doing it

There might be a 10% discount if you use it here. Not sure, saw something along those lines when I googled it.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:04 am

It's 10% cheaper than a taxi fare

Rob

Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:13 am

ok, i guess that's something

Does Hailo have any discount like that?

Also, whats the best Dublin Bus & DART apps

Fred__Elliott

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 am

nah Hailo is just normal fares

I'm on android and use Next Bus Dublin free. Think there is an irish rail equivalent

LordPercy

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:43 am

Texas police shoot a guy with his hands up, doesn't look like they can deny this one.

http://www.ksat.com/news/ksatcom-exclus ... d-shooting
Last edited by LordPercy on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

stateofyouboy

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:51 am

thats chilling

fatguy2k1

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 am

i_ate_cats wrote:There's been clay pigeon shooting at one I went to before.

Not my cup of tea. Nerves were a bit too raw for it. You'd want to be doing before any drinking started.
Oh yeah, we did that too, great craic.
eventSecurity wrote:On the stag front, I fuckin hate "stagtivities". Go to a pub and drink, job done
ah no, if your doing a 2 day stag, you need to have something organized to get everyone up and out of bed on the second day. doing one a day stag, yeah drink yourself silly.

Eucrid

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:59 am

fatguy2k1 wrote:ah no, if your doing a 2 day stag, you need to have something organized to get everyone up and out of bed on the second day. doing one a day stag, yeah drink yourself silly.
No, no, no. Thats exactly what you don't want. Getting people up when they want to sleep off the previous nights drink is bullshit. Forced fun isn't any fun.

Mr.K

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:04 am

A few of my mates and relations went on a stag recently and my second cousin drank eight pints in the morning before going surfing. That's borderline dangerous shit right there.

I've only ever been on one day stags. Get pissed, have a laugh, head home in the morning!
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

LordPercy

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 am

Only been on two stags where we did things one of them was only a one day one and we went go-karting on the way down to galway and on the second we did a cruise up the corrib which wasn't too bad as it had a bar so we could ease ourselves back into it. Can see the advantage of doing something in order to get you a bit active though but yeah let people sleep the hangovers off first

Stagtivities is a horrible word and the first person to ever utter it should have been shot to prevent its spread.