What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

eric the beard wrote:really like that die antwoord video. best i've seen in years.
my favourite band in the whole world

all their videos are insanely good

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Image

i need to calm down

the look on that childs face
Image

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 1:50 pm

mojo wrote:
eric the beard wrote:really like that die antwoord video. best i've seen in years.
my favourite band in the whole world

all their videos are insanely good
is that right

they've played werchter a couple of times when I've been there but i never bothered seeing them

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

eric the beard wrote:
mojo wrote:
eric the beard wrote:really like that die antwoord video. best i've seen in years.
my favourite band in the whole world

all their videos are insanely good
is that right

they've played werchter a couple of times when I've been there but i never bothered seeing them
I saw them in the olympia last year, they were so good

im obsessed with them. New album out soon

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 1:53 pm

well i trust you so i'll download something onto spotify now for the commute home.

c'mere, i really like the timberlake / jacko song that's in the charts atm. it's very good i think.

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Thu May 22, 2014 1:54 pm

are they a joke band that kind of became a real band?!

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm

piepiepress wrote:are they a joke band that kind of became a real band?!
yeah you could say that

joke band probably isnt the right description

but a parody that became its own entity

they are super talented and super clever

no more manufactured than any other band out there really. At least their image and musical style is completely original.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:05 pm

eric the beard wrote:well i trust you so i'll download something onto spotify now for the commute home.

c'mere, i really like the timberlake / jacko song that's in the charts atm. it's very good i think.
their music is not for everyone....any time i play them people are like wtf is this shite

sigh

my bf is one of the only people ive met who like them as much as i do

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 2:13 pm

did you find that out before or after you'd pulled him?

i like what I've heard of them because they seem like they're on the margins and i usually like stuff like that.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:19 pm

eric the beard wrote:did you find that out before or after you'd pulled him?

i like what I've heard of them because they seem like they're on the margins and i usually like stuff like that.
after! which was cool

yeah they are. Their image is knackery/skangery south african ghetto rap/rave

they appeal to my inner knacker

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:25 pm

kaini likes them

remember him
Image

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:28 pm

he did yeah

i am friends with him on facebook. he is always cooking stuff

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 2:31 pm

is he the fella that would take photos of himself with some kind of weird effect on them

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Kaini was sound

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Remember Geoff? He was like the Phier of the olden days

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:33 pm

mojo wrote:he did yeah

i am friends with him on facebook. he is always cooking stuff
aye so am i

he also has a shed
Image

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm

eric the beard wrote:is he the fella that would take photos of himself with some kind of weird effect on them
thats him

and always looked stoned in them

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 pm

i could never tell what he looked like because there'd always be some mad blurry effect

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Least he had the guts to put a pic up Eric

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 pm

he may as well not have bothered

Post Reply