What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Zook wrote:a lot of girls are wedding obsessed.

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh

Zook wrote:id actually love a vegas wedding, imagine the craic!

this is me. i was pretty serious when i suggested a vegas wedding, but everyone laughed at me
mooch

Lumbo wrote:

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh. a few people have made comments that my bf should propose but i told him i don't want him to

This is what is wrong with women!

wha?? i mean i dont mind getting MARRIED as such but i don't want one of those traditional bullshit weddings that everyone and their granny has. thats what i mean
Zook

mooch wrote:

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh

this is me. i was pretty serious when i suggested a vegas wedding, but everyone laughed at me

you get me. the men here just don't get us. SIGH
Zook

stateofyouboy wrote:not gonna do a big wedding myself, most of my friends have no spent around 30k on their wedding, the honeymoon is included in that i think. say even 20k, i would in me bollox pay that for one day. id sooner spend 2k on the day and 28 grand on travelling

Those people are morons. How the fuck do you spend 30k on a wedding.
Eucrid

Zook wrote:
Lumbo wrote:

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh. a few people have made comments that my bf should propose but i told him i don't want him to

This is what is wrong with women!

wha?? i mean i dont mind getting MARRIED as such but i don't want one of those traditional bullshit weddings that everyone and their granny has. thats what i mean

I was only joking :P

Sure I was all for the quiet wedding with family only and then changed my mind on it completely. My wedding was middle of the road on cost but we concentrated on what was important to us and over spent on those items i.e. venue, band, drink & honeymoon. My credit union loan should be paid in the next few weeks, I'll be married 5 years in April :o
Lumbo

Yeah our wedding was originally going to be a small thing too but it grew as it went on. Luckily my FIL paid for most of it. Like yourself we focussed on food, drink and entertainment. Had it local enough that our friends and family weren't out of pocket for a hotel too if they didn't want to. Hiring the karaoke caravan that does be at EP was highlight, highly recommend it if you're into that sort of thing.
Eucrid

Eucrid wrote:
stateofyouboy wrote:not gonna do a big wedding myself, most of my friends have no spent around 30k on their wedding, the honeymoon is included in that i think. say even 20k, i would in me bollox pay that for one day. id sooner spend 2k on the day and 28 grand on travelling

theyre not loaded either, be around teachers wage each, madness
stateofyouboy

Eucrid wrote:

quiet easily if you get carried away with it. my wife was at a wedding with 300+ guests (height of the boom though) Must have cost a fortune. i've heard stories from the good times where the hotel was charging chair cover rental. When we got married, two years ago, all that stuff was given as standard but i'm sure the hotels fleeced people when they had the chance.
fatguy2k1

this was all post recession anyway
stateofyouboy

Yeah during the boom you'd have been mad to get married in a hotel in Ireland. Last few years you can get all that shit thrown in. I know people who had big weddings but got a really spot with all the extras for €55 a head. Ours was around €90 ahead but we'd a lot less people.
Eucrid

Arabic weddings are just a fun in a hotel with a buffet and lots of dancing, but still costs a bomb
maradara

During the planning of our wedding, I spent the entire time trying to reign in the missus' spending.

My argument was that we got the same caterers as three other weddings we've been to, so we know the food is good. And we had a free bar. Free food and free booze? We could have had it in a barn and people wouldn't have cared.
shivo

The foods hugely important, it needs to be decent and there needs to be plenty of it. I went to a wedding over Xmas and the food was amazing but there was fuck all. Add to that there was fucking loads of free wine and bubbly and it was a big mess.
Eucrid

The food was amazing at my brothers wedding but I was full pretty quickly and then they took my plate that had 2 slices of roast beef away while I went to the jacks. something about having to serve desert to the top table first so they could start serving the rest. I was raging but had to remain calm so as not to upset everyone
Fred__Elliott

you were probably in the jacks having a shite for ages and everyone was starving. its not all about you ye know
Zook

I was at my cousin's wedding in SF a couple years ago......few months before, he'd asked whether I wanted to the beef or salmon. I'm used to Irish weddings where any beef or lamb is hopelessly overcooked and dry, so went for the salmon. On the wedding itself, it was individually cooked fillet steaks!
dwayne

aw man we had fillet steaks at a wedding last year too in the cliff at lyons. UNREAL they were. my bfs stepda was raging cos he got chicken :lol:
Zook

Hahahahahahaha don't take away Dave's meat!
I can imagine you losing the rag being a genuine concern among the people who watched the plate dissappear
maradara

maradara wrote:Hahahahahahaha don't take away Dave's meat!
I can imagine you losing the rag being a genuine concern among the people who watched the plate dissappear

:lol: :lol:
Zook

Was at one last year where the meal was pork belly. Thought that was a brave choice that could have gone very wrong, but it was absolutely fantastic.
enemies/friends

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic