What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
i just stapled my finger
Zook

Got engaged last week. Was hoping it would buy me another 18 months like buying the house together did. But she was at a wedding fair thing on Sunday already. This move may have backfired.
enemies/friends

the staple went all the way in lads. WHY IS THERE NO AMBULANCE OUTSIDE THE BUILDING
Zook

oh congrats e/f

but WHY HAS THE STAPLER FORSAKEN ME
Zook

enemies/friends wrote:Got engaged last week. Was hoping it would buy me another 18 months like buying the house together did. But she was at a wedding fair thing on Sunday already. This move may have backfired.

i remember thinking i would get a few years out of engagement. didn't happen

congrats though!
maradara

Congratulations enemies/friends.
Lumbo

Congrats e/f, and yeah that'll happen alright.
LordPercy

Zook, pull yourself together woman! Oh wait, the staple's already doing that.
LordPercy

Congrats E/F, just tell her not to settle on a venue, she deserves the best, etc That'll buy you time as the nicest places will be booked for ages.
Eucrid

enemies/friends wrote:Got engaged last week. Was hoping it would buy me another 18 months like buying the house together did. But she was at a wedding fair thing on Sunday already. This move may have backfired.

Congrats!
my missus was working part time & in college and I got home from work about three days after the engagement and she had a list of hotels called and prices. I've never see her spring into action on anything like that before. They tend to have it all planned in their heads before you ask and then they spring into action.
fatguy2k1

I was happy to get it done in little over a year. My wifes brother got married a few months before us and all anyone talked about for the whole year was weddings. I don't think I'd have taken much more of it.
Eucrid

a lot of girls are wedding obsessed.

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh. a few people have made comments that my bf should propose but i told him i don't want him to
Zook

id actually love a vegas wedding, imagine the craic!
Zook

well done enemies/friends!
JC!

Cheers guys, we've been together virtually 6 years so I was running out of excuses :lol: Delighted though really.

I think her mum has it all planned out too, she's convinced her to take a day off work this week to go look at some other places. She's already got a list of dates for only the second place she looked at too. I'm happy enough to let them do all the work then I'll just turn up or sign stuff when needed!
enemies/friends

Congrats!
Rusty Shackleford

Zook wrote:a lot of girls are wedding obsessed.

i am not one of these girls. not even arsed about ever getting married tbh. a few people have made comments that my bf should propose but i told him i don't want him to

Zook wrote:id actually love a vegas wedding, imagine the craic!

This is what is wrong with women!
Lumbo

not gonna do a big wedding myself, most of my friends have no spent around 30k on their wedding, the honeymoon is included in that i think. say even 20k, i would in me bollox pay that for one day. id sooner spend 2k on the day and 28 grand on travelling
stateofyouboy

elope
its the way to go
maradara

Lumbo wrote:
Zook wrote:a lot of girls are wedding obsessed.

Zook wrote:id actually love a vegas wedding, imagine the craic!

This is what is wrong with women!

:D Was thinking the same.
Phierstarter

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic