What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Zook wrote:i'm a shell of a woman after that weekend

fatguy saw me at probably my lowest ebb

:lol: You were grand at that stage. My wife was pissed at me as i went over to you girls, she thought i was approaching some random hen party for a chat. :lol:
fatguy2k1

:lol: :lol: :lol: jesus I never thought of that
Zook

did you explain to your wife that its just an internet friend
stateofyouboy

I think I had a dream last night that I got arrested. woke up really anxious that I couldn't go on holidays to the states because of it :oops:

dreams :x :x :x
Rob

I'd a dream last night that Liam Gallagher had robbed my car. I was so convinced it was real I checked the car was still there this morning :oops:
Lumbo

stateofyouboy wrote:did you explain to your wife that its just an internet friend

i had a harder time trying to explain to a bunch of hens who this random man talking to me was
Zook

Was applying for my ESTA there cause I'm flying through Boston next month.

1st website you hit when googling ESTA is esta.ie

The place charges you $87 to 'help you' with your application, when the only difference is you complete the application on their website instead of the US website.

The proper application only costs $14

Fucking cowboys. I'd say many a mammy has been dooped
Rob

I applied for mine last week, and probably would have done the exact same thing but for reading about it on reddit about a month ago. Robbing bastards.

Speaking of which, the missus was trying to convince me to go for the 'fancy doors' on a pantry we're building. She said that if I was opposed to getting them over the plain ones that she would cover the cost on her own.
The difference between the 2 plain doors and the 2 "fancy" ones is EUR 1,400.00

Within 30 seconds I found the exact same style doors on the website of the hardware store near my office for EUR 119.00 each.
shivo

shivo wrote:I applied for mine last week, and probably would have done the exact same thing but for reading about it on reddit about a month ago. Robbing bastards.

Speaking of which, the missus was trying to convince me to go for the 'fancy doors' on a pantry we're building. She said that if I was opposed to getting them over the plain ones that she would cover the cost on her own.
The difference between the 2 plain doors and the 2 "fancy" ones is EUR 1,400.00

Within 30 seconds I found the exact same style doors on the website of the hardware store near my office for EUR 119.00 each.

Please tell me you told her you'd sort it out and pocketed the profit.
Lumbo

send us a pic of the fancy doors. Maybe the plain ones too.
Rob

Posting from 36000 feet
enemies/friends

does it feel any different
Zook

eventSecurity wrote:
JC! wrote:9 blisters on my feet after doing the wicklow way at the weekend. I've been told now that one of the guides suggested that me and another couple of lads should really have gone to the hospital after we finished yesterday!
instead I went and got locked. love a sunday session.

How long it take?

started about 1pm on Thursday, finished about 3pm on Sunday.

the second day was a killer - 51km. We hit the marathon mark scambling up a steep enough hill that it had a short arse like me using my arms!

raised over 200k in total, so in fairness, it was well worth it!!
JC!

Rob wrote:send us a pic of the fancy doors. Maybe the plain ones too.

http://www.jeld-wen.de/produkte/produkt ... uctId=6362

No joke, that's them. Pretty bog standard.
("Fancy" was the word he used in his broken English).

He said it was because they're handmade to measure.
I told him to go an shite, because it's a whole new (plasterboard) wall that's being made to measure, so make it to measure normal fucking doors.
shivo

Zook wrote:
stateofyouboy wrote:did you explain to your wife that its just an internet friend

i had a harder time trying to explain to a bunch of hens who this random man talking to me was

at least i called you by your name and not Zook.

wife knows all about internet friends, but she didn't hear me when i said i wanted to go over and say hi to someone i knew.
fatguy2k1

thats true.. i just heard "sarah?" and immediately got the fear :lol:
Zook

Is there a word for the impatience you feel waiting for Amazon stuff to arrive. Got the dispatched email this morning and I just want it NOW.
Dick Jones

JC! wrote:
eventSecurity wrote:
JC! wrote:9 blisters on my feet after doing the wicklow way at the weekend. I've been told now that one of the guides suggested that me and another couple of lads should really have gone to the hospital after we finished yesterday!
instead I went and got locked. love a sunday session.

How long it take?

started about 1pm on Thursday, finished about 3pm on Sunday.

the second day was a killer - 51km. We hit the marathon mark scambling up a steep enough hill that it had a short arse like me using my arms!

raised over 200k in total, so in fairness, it was well worth it!!

Great stuff
eventSecurity

electricnose

Going to Barcelona in the morning to chill for the weekend before going to Nowhere festival, Europe's Burning Man, for a week in the desert on Monday.
Can't bloody wait.
Phierstarter

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic