What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:51 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 am
One of the other lads called him a racist and he started crying and playing the victim.
:lol: Jesus christ.

I had to block an old college friend on social media who I had really liked because he turned into a right wing lunatic too. Apart from that I've only ever met one person in real life who was openly like that, and he was just some weirdo one his own in a bar who started to talking to us one night. Eventually I just told him to go away because he went from really right wing economic shite into outright "Obama is a Muslim" stuff and I couldn't deal with it any more.

Eucrid

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am

Dick Jones wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 am
There's an Irish "vlogger" I keep seeing too who's mad for all that. Anti-feminist, anti-SJW (whatever that means), anti "fake news", obsessed with censorship and the odd foray into thinly veiled racism. Wanks to PrisonPlanet.

twitter.com/davecullenCF

Absolute tosser.
After the revolution PJWs followers are first against the wall.

maradara

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:44 pm

I had to block a distant cousin in Birmingham on social. Just couldn't believe the things he was saying and couldn't read it anymore. I had been at his wedding a few years ago, when his late teenage daughter said 'oh you didn't marry a polak did you? They just wash cars over here'. That was when it was time to go to bed.
So the tirades of abuse on social was probably predictable, but the intro to brexit pushed me over the edge I think

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am

Dick Jones wrote:
There's an Irish "vlogger" I keep seeing too who's mad for all that. Anti-feminist, anti-SJW (whatever that means), anti "fake news", obsessed with censorship and the odd foray into thinly veiled racism. Wanks to PrisonPlanet.

twitter.com/davecullenCF

Absolute tosser.
This dipshit has turned up on my timeline from time to time.

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Booked the honeymoon today. That's helped lighten up a wintery week of being back in work and the dark evenings closing in.

JC!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm

where you heading??

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Off to Phuket area of Thailand for about a week to start, then over to Siem Reap in Cambodia for a few nights and finally into Ho Chi Minh for about a week also but not really worked out whether to stay there or travel around some, possibly even travel up to Hanoi via motorbike or something. Then spending 1 or 2 nights in Bangkok on the way back also cos the flights stop there anyway

LordPercy

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:40 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Off to Phuket area of Thailand for about a week to start, then over to Siem Reap in Cambodia for a few nights and finally into Ho Chi Minh for about a week also but not really worked out whether to stay there or travel around some, possibly even travel up to Hanoi via motorbike or something. Then spending 1 or 2 nights in Bangkok on the way back also cos the flights stop there anyway
Sounds deady, was in Phuket about 10 years ago but the below shouldn't really go out of date.

It's the obvious thing to do while there but the day trips out to phi phi and maya bay are worth doing, phi phi was still being rebuilt after the tsunami when we were there so probably built up a bit more since then so can't vouch for it now but it was really nice when we were there. Phuket or at least Patong can be a bit full on so the day trips were a nice way to relax and chill out.

A day of sea caneoing and a vist to james bond island was good as well, look for one that includes a visit to the hongs.

Did whitewater rafting from there, was good craic very different to the one I did in yosemite, you have to get more involved as it's a smaller boat.

If you're only there for a week you probably won't have time as it's not really a big attraction but I enjoyed heading to this place https://www.gibbonproject.org/. They're working to rehab gibbons that have been rescued from being used as photo ops with tourists

Enjoy it, not at all jealous

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Phi Phi was well on its way to being rebuilt when we were there, and that was 2010.
I would definitely spend more than a day trip there, and far less than a week in Phuket. Phi Phi Lei and Phi Phi Don are beautiful.

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Awesome guys thanks. The only bits I've fully booked so far are the flights from Dublin to Bangkok then the flight from Bangkok to Phuket and from Ho Chi Minh back to Bangkok. So still a bit flexible on where to go I Phuket area and how long to spend in each still

JC!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm

i loved Phi Phi - that was in 2012 I think. think we overextended our stay quite significantly there

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:17 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm
Awesome guys thanks. The only bits I've fully booked so far are the flights from Dublin to Bangkok then the flight from Bangkok to Phuket and from Ho Chi Minh back to Bangkok. So still a bit flexible on where to go I Phuket area and how long to spend in each still
Give yourself time on the islands, whatever one/s you go to. Take Scuba diving lessons & get your license. You'll see some amazing fish and coral. You want honeymoon memories, thats your ticket right there.

I might be very very wrong, but i throught Phuket was a bit of a hole, and i've never heard anyone say a good word about it, other than going on mad nights out, but you can do that on the islands too.
Phi Phi do a full moon party on the beach. Great craic.

bartleby

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Do not spend a week in Ho Chi Min. 2 days at the most. Get in the tunnels and stuff and the Mekong Delta if you are into that. Nha Trang is a good spot for a bit of a party.

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Got my scuba license in Nah Trang. Good spot. Great food.

The food in Vietnam is amazing wherever you go really.

enemies/friends

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

Is Hanoi worth the visit as well? Or Ha Long Bay? Would probably have time to head up to the north as well if not spending a huge amount of time around Ho Chi Minh.

Also keeping an eye on the evolving situation in Cambodia with the elections coming up and opposition leaders being arrested and newspapers shut down by the government!

Fred__Elliott

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Ha long does it take to get their?

Zook

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm

to get their what?

fatguy2k1

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm
Ha long does it take to get their?
phpBB [video]

bartleby

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am
Is Hanoi worth the visit as well? Or Ha Long Bay? Would probably have time to head up to the north as well if not spending a huge amount of time around Ho Chi Minh.

Also keeping an eye on the evolving situation in Cambodia with the elections coming up and opposition leaders being arrested and newspapers shut down by the government!
Ha Long Bay is very nice. I went to Cat Ba island which is a bit less crowded and done some rock climbing and kayaking. Great spot. Hanoi is shite enough. Had a couple of good nights in some of the hostels though

Dick Jones

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am
Dick Jones wrote:

twitter.com/davecullenCF

Absolute tosser.
This dipshit has turned up on my timeline from time to time.
This dipshit wrote:I'm making a video about the George Hook media fiasco. It's high time I gave the progressive Irish Media mob an earful.