What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Phierstarter

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:06 pm

I feel weak and hungover today despite only having three beers and a vodka mix yesterday.
The painkillers im on shouldnt have any complications with alcohol, unless they dehydrate you.
Am stopping them today anyway.

maradara

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 am
EU seems very impressed with the UK at the minute.... Or not
Q: Can you tell us more about what you want Britain to say about its financial obligations?

Barnier says this is very important.

He says EU leaders agreed on a seven-year budget. David Cameron signed it when he was prime minister. He says those commitments still apply.

There are thousands of people, stakeholders, companies, citizens and laboratories who have set up projects on the basis of the promises made.

There is a moral problem here. You cannot have 27 countries paying for commitments made by 28.

He says he has been “very disappointed” by what the UK has been saying about this.

It seems to be backtracking on its commitments, he says.
Also tore the UK apart for their stance on the NI/RoI border issues.
it's just getting worse and worse. have a feeling that there will be enough pressure for some kind of second referendum, but how do you explain all elements of the final deal to all of the UK? even if it's absolutely clear that the UK will be worse off, there'll still be such a strong push for it from a core element that the details won't matter

Zook

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Zook wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am
Boo will always be the best internet dog
Omg.. Boos best friend buddy died today

enemies/friends

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:44 pm

maradara wrote:
enemies/friends wrote:
Q: Can you tell us more about what you want Britain to say about its financial obligations?

Barnier says this is very important.

He says EU leaders agreed on a seven-year budget. David Cameron signed it when he was prime minister. He says those commitments still apply.

There are thousands of people, stakeholders, companies, citizens and laboratories who have set up projects on the basis of the promises made.

There is a moral problem here. You cannot have 27 countries paying for commitments made by 28.

He says he has been “very disappointed” by what the UK has been saying about this.

It seems to be backtracking on its commitments, he says.
it's just getting worse and worse. have a feeling that there will be enough pressure for some kind of second referendum, but how do you explain all elements of the final deal to all of the UK? even if it's absolutely clear that the UK will be worse off, there'll still be such a strong push for it from a core element that the details won't matter
If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious. EU was also scathing about the border issue here. Basically saying things have to stay as they are for Ireland and there would be no ignoring the rules of the custom union and freedom of movement.

Also at the weekend I lifted €150 and it cost me £151.12 which is the first I ever paid more than 1 to 1

Rob

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:22 am

Did many people automatically get loyalty codes for EP. I've had to apply for mine. Curious if they only automatically went out to people who went this year

Eucrid

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 am

I didn't get mine anyway. Every other year I get it.

Eucrid

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am

Jesus r/Ireland is fairly full of racists.

Lola

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 am

Ryan Adams played a surprise gig in McHughs in Belfast last night which was pretty cool of him

Lola

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am

enemies/friends wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:44 pm
maradara wrote:
enemies/friends wrote:

If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious. EU was also scathing about the border issue here. Basically saying things have to stay as they are for Ireland and there would be no ignoring the rules of the custom union and freedom of movement.

Also at the weekend I lifted €150 and it cost me £151.12 which is the first I ever paid more than 1 to 1
So essentially the people that voted Leave are getting fuck all of what they asked for because the movement of people won't change and the only change is that we'll all be considerably poorer.

Fucking excellent.

Dick Jones

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:16 am

Eucrid wrote:
Jesus, Ireland is fairly full of racists.
Fixed.

maradara

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am

So I hear you're a racist now father

Rob

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm

having lost 4 tickets to the Friday Dublin LCD Soundsystem show when ticketmaster asked me to verify my visa and the graphic didn't load, was absolutely devastated. none of my other 3 friends had any joy

as of today, one of those mates was offered two standing tickets for the Wednesday show, face value. Fucking thrilled. And also makes listening to the new album less bittersweet.

I've only ever seen LCD at EP last year. And obviously Olympia is small as shit. But do they put on much of a light show? Been wanting to get a pair of Kaleidoscope glasses for a while having had them at a festival this summer, just looking for an excuse

Mexicola

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:58 pm

LCD tickets are back on sale if ye're quick
2 points, 8 games, 1 hero.

The team for ENIC's first game at the helm, a defeat at Derby:
N. Sullivan, S. Clemence, G. Doherty, S. Campbell, L.Young, A. Thelwell, S. Freund , T. Sherwood, L. King, A. Booth, L. Ferdinand

electricnose

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:50 pm

My review of Electric Picnic 2017, enjoy. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2017 ... al-review/

Phierstarter

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:10 am

Phierstarter wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:06 pm
I feel weak and hungover today despite only having three beers and a vodka mix yesterday.
The painkillers im on shouldnt have any complications with alcohol, unless they dehydrate you.
Am stopping them today anyway.
Well, that escalated. Lower abdomen cramps every 10-20mins morning, noon, and night.
Women, i feel your pain, but i think i'd swap the hormone imbalance part for the ability to retain food and water.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 am

Eucrid wrote:
Jesus r/Ireland is fairly full of racists.
its as bad as thejournal comment section

Eucrid

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am

It'd make you wonder how many people in the real world think these things but only express their true feelings when hiding behind an anonymous account.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:07 am

Eucrid wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am
It'd make you wonder how many people in the real world think these things but only express their true feelings when hiding behind an anonymous account.
some dont hide it. I've stopped talking to an old friend because his twitter is absolutely horrible. Massive trump fan which initially which was good for discussion because you could see how deluded and suckered in by Trump he was. Defended absolutely everything during the election. It was a slow decent into outright racism once Trump got elected though. It emboldened him. Constantly retweeting Breitbart and Zerohedge links. He spends most of his time tweeting about muslims, but in his mind can separate that one of his friend's gf is muslim and he's not talking about her.

Called him out on it many times, as did some of our other friends. One of the other lads called him a racist and he started crying and playing the victim. I just cut off all contact in the end. Sent him a message a while back in a considered manner, told him why I stopped talking to him. Got nothing but hate and vitriol back so happy with my decision in the end. One of the lads was telling me yesterday that his tweets now include attacks on LGBT and black people regularly. Trump can do no wrong and we're all mainstream media sheep. I just don't understand how a man in his mid 30s could be turned by this, unless it was always there under the surface.

But he's definitely not a racist

Rob

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:29 am

There's a live band that play in The Front Door on dame street every Saturday and Sunday after 9 that are the best live cover band I've seen in the city. Couldn't recommend them enough. Been in to watch them 4 or 5 times in the last few months now

Dick Jones

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 am

There's an Irish "vlogger" I keep seeing too who's mad for all that. Anti-feminist, anti-SJW (whatever that means), anti "fake news", obsessed with censorship and the odd foray into thinly veiled racism. Wanks to PrisonPlanet.

twitter.com/davecullenCF

Absolute tosser.