What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Anyone else seeing Riot in Vicar Street this week. Went over the weekend, amazing stuff. Hilarious, powerful, inspiring, thrilling, all that neat stuff.
Dick Jones

electricnose

Back into work after 3 weeks off and on day 2 of a hangover. This is the worst.
enemies/friends

electricnose

Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.
schteeeve

They're all a rip off. We went for "winter" instead of summer. 2 weeks earlier and saving us about 35 quid a head. The difference in the package was one glass of prosecco on arrival per person.
enemies/friends

Where'd ya do it?

Winter is looking more likely for us anywho.
schteeeve

Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.
Dick Jones

Manor House Hotel in Enniskillen. It's handy in that there's plenty of rooms but they've also got a load of little houses out in the grounds so if you've groups of friends who are coming and want to stay they can rent a house between 8 and save a few quid and have a carry out down there etc
enemies/friends

Dick Jones wrote:Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.

Staying in yurts, caravan and huts, wouldn't be to everybody's taste though.
LordPercy

schteeeve wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.

Ours was in Ballymascanlon house which is just north of Dundalk so wouldn't be too far from Armagh. It's a 4 star so prices would reflect that but couldn't find a fault with them or the venue
LordPercy

Cheers, lads. I can pretend I've been doing research all day now.

She'll be well impressed.
schteeeve

mine was in the Fairways hotel in Blackrock Dundalk but it's derelict at the moment & about to be demolished to make way for a SuperValu

SuperValus are very accommodating though i find
mooch

id gladly have mine in an aldi
Zook

Having worked in one, I'm not sure I'd agree.
(SuperValu that is)
schteeeve

LordPercy wrote:
Dick Jones wrote:Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.

Fwiw, the yurts and huts are very comfortable and luxurious and spacious. Caravans not so much, but there's something for everyone. There are two houses available on site, rentals in the area and an enormous B&B 5 mins walk away.

(cc schteeeve)
Dick Jones

Wtf, I actually managed to get Ryanair to refund me for paying for bags to be checked in twice, several days after the flight, and it was easy.
Phierstarter

Phierstarter wrote:Wtf, I actually managed to get Ryanair to refund me for paying for bags to be checked in twice, several days after the flight, and it was easy.

was it their mistake, or something you did by accident?
Rob

More of theirs than mine. The return boarding pass on their website indicated i had no bags checked in, but i later discovered their app showed the correct number.
I paid an additional 40€ thinking the 40 i paid to check in a bag was only valid for the leg over, not the return (clearly i don't check in bags often).
Phierstarter

Dick Jones wrote:
LordPercy wrote:

Fwiw, the yurts and huts are very comfortable and luxurious and spacious. Caravans not so much, but there's something for everyone. There are two houses available on site, rentals in the area and an enormous B&B 5 mins walk away.

(cc schteeeve)

Place I had my wedding (Tinakilly House) is after adding glamping as well as already having normal hotel accommodation. Best of both worlds.
Eucrid

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic