What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Anyone else seeing Riot in Vicar Street this week. Went over the weekend, amazing stuff. Hilarious, powerful, inspiring, thrilling, all that neat stuff.
User avatar
Dick Jones
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

User avatar
electricnose
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Back into work after 3 weeks off and on day 2 of a hangover. This is the worst.
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Image
User avatar
electricnose
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.
schteeeve
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: About

They're all a rip off. We went for "winter" instead of summer. 2 weeks earlier and saving us about 35 quid a head. The difference in the package was one glass of prosecco on arrival per person.
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Where'd ya do it?

Winter is looking more likely for us anywho.
schteeeve
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: About

Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.
User avatar
Dick Jones
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Manor House Hotel in Enniskillen. It's handy in that there's plenty of rooms but they've also got a load of little houses out in the grounds so if you've groups of friends who are coming and want to stay they can rent a house between 8 and save a few quid and have a carry out down there etc
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3111
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.

Staying in yurts, caravan and huts, wouldn't be to everybody's taste though.
User avatar
LordPercy
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

schteeeve wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for good value wedding venues in Ireland? It doesn't have to be cheap exactly, just good value compared to the rest.

The closer to Armagh, the better.

Ours was in Ballymascanlon house which is just north of Dundalk so wouldn't be too far from Armagh. It's a 4 star so prices would reflect that but couldn't find a fault with them or the venue
User avatar
LordPercy
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Cheers, lads. I can pretend I've been doing research all day now.

She'll be well impressed.
schteeeve
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: About

mine was in the Fairways hotel in Blackrock Dundalk but it's derelict at the moment & about to be demolished to make way for a SuperValu

SuperValus are very accommodating though i find
User avatar
mooch
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

id gladly have mine in an aldi
Image
User avatar
Zook
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Having worked in one, I'm not sure I'd agree.
(SuperValu that is)
schteeeve
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 pm
Location: About

LordPercy wrote:
Dick Jones wrote:Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.

Staying in yurts, caravan and huts, wouldn't be to everybody's taste though.


Fwiw, the yurts and huts are very comfortable and luxurious and spacious. Caravans not so much, but there's something for everyone. There are two houses available on site, rentals in the area and an enormous B&B 5 mins walk away.

(cc schteeeve)
User avatar
Dick Jones
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Wtf, I actually managed to get Ryanair to refund me for paying for bags to be checked in twice, several days after the flight, and it was easy.
Image
User avatar
Phierstarter
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Phierstarter wrote:Wtf, I actually managed to get Ryanair to refund me for paying for bags to be checked in twice, several days after the flight, and it was easy.

was it their mistake, or something you did by accident?
Rob
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

More of theirs than mine. The return boarding pass on their website indicated i had no bags checked in, but i later discovered their app showed the correct number.
I paid an additional 40€ thinking the 40 i paid to check in a bag was only valid for the leg over, not the return (clearly i don't check in bags often).
Image
User avatar
Phierstarter
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Dick Jones wrote:
LordPercy wrote:
Dick Jones wrote:Mine was in Mount Druid, Westmeath. Can't recall any of the details money wise off the top of my head, but they were brilliant, flexible and it's a very different venue to the usual interchangeable country manor venues you see.

Staying in yurts, caravan and huts, wouldn't be to everybody's taste though.


Fwiw, the yurts and huts are very comfortable and luxurious and spacious. Caravans not so much, but there's something for everyone. There are two houses available on site, rentals in the area and an enormous B&B 5 mins walk away.

(cc schteeeve)


Place I had my wedding (Tinakilly House) is after adding glamping as well as already having normal hotel accommodation. Best of both worlds.
User avatar
Eucrid
 
Posts: 5822
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests