What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
fatguy2k1

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Nice one Zook. Edinburgh is a cracking city for partying in, if you get the chance.

I'm raging here. went to the doc in January as a follow up to a appointment in November and he said i'll have to get an x-ray. he gave me the forms so i dropped them off in the x-ray department that day myself. My doc said it would be about 7 weeks and i didn't think about it. it's been 14 weeks so i called them. they told me that i'd an appointment set for the 21st of Feb that I hadn't shown up. She checked and said it was sent to an old address (not lived there in 2 years). i told them i had told my doc to update my address, and she looked again and said "oh yes, i see we have your currant address and we hadn't updated it."

Well fuck that. she did say she'll fit me in to any cancelled appointments over the next two weeks. Now, I'm only getting an x-ray, if I was in pain I'd be proper pissed they messed up and delayed me getting any treatment.

Phierstarter

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Went to the cinema with everyone from work today too see some TV ads they're putting out. Big hullabaloo with free bubbly, which is nice.

Also, get this. That AfD cologne conference i mentioned. They've put in place a four day no fly zone to try and keep the number of protesters down.

Phierstarter

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Going Nowhere this year, it's going to be significant
https://www.goingnowhere.org/en/general ... ival-guide

Last years Barrios (Neighbourhoods in Spanish) to pick from:
https://www.goingnowhere.org/en/general ... os-in-2016

Not sure how far i want to push my boundaries yet, but have been in touch with some peeps and it seems like a great community.

Phierstarter

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 am

There's a rare doable ben klock slot tonight/tomorrow, aril brikha too. Might give it a try, it's been a while.

Edit:
Just bought 50 records for 50€. Knackered.

Rob

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 am

is it just me, or has Instagram automatically started playing the audio on videos when you scroll by, even when you're on silent? I'm on an iphone if that makes a difference.

Phierstarter

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 am

French result could've worse. Really don't think a far left vs right decision is what we need right now.

eventSecurity

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:40 am

Rob wrote:is it just me, or has Instagram automatically started playing the audio on videos when you scroll by, even when you're on silent? I'm on an iphone if that makes a difference.
Mine always has, but no sound. I've to tap on them to play music. Android phone.

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:54 am

Back in work after 2 weeks off, a newly married man. Famous days.

Lumbo

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:16 am

Congratulations. How was the big day?

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks, it was amazing. Such a great buzz on all fronts. Bit of stresser during the last few weeks but all worth it.

Lots of friends said it was the best wedding they've ever been to, which is very gratifying because they do become very samey on all fronts don't they.

mooch

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 am

congrats!!

okay, tell us, what quirky things did you do? pick & mix cart? fish & chips wrapped in newspaper?

Rob

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 am

Congrats DJ

That's a great compliment to get re your wedding. Anything specially planned about it other than good people, good times?

maradara

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:34 am

did you just put car keys in a bowl?

i_ate_cats

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 am

Congrats DJ.

Honeymoon done and dusted? Where did ye go?

LordPercy

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am

Congrats DJ.

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 am

Rob wrote:Congrats DJ

That's a great compliment to get re your wedding. Anything specially planned about it other than good people, good times?
Just small things here and there. The venue is amazing, mount druid in westmeath. It's a real hippy dippy place as opposed to your usual elegant country manor. The acommodation is huts and yurts and caravans.

We had cheese and donuts and gin cocktails at the reception. Dessert table packed with cakes and treats that people could help themselves to. The band was brilliant, the room was amazing with loads of crazy crap all over the place.

And none of your residents bar shite, when the bar closed it was all up to a sort of flat thing in the far side of the grounds where you can fill the place with your own booze and session till the sun comes up.

enemies/friends

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 am

Congrats DJ, sounds epic!

I'm sitting here with the contract thing to agree mine and leaving it into the venue this afternoon. Petrifying and exciting.

Eucrid

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:10 am

Sounds deadly. Congratulations.

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 am

It really is the best thing.

So that was Friday and Saturday night (Day 2 was off the fuckin chain, when it's all done and dusted, the relief and satisfaction you feel is incredible. We got up the next day and just got straight back on it).

Spent Sunday night in a hotel, then five nights in Budapest, which is now one of my favourite places in the world, easy. Can't wait to get back. Amazing city.

Edit: our photos are going to be in Confetti magazine in a couple of months, so I'll be sure to let yis know :lol: :lol:

LordPercy

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Dick Jones wrote:
Rob wrote:Congrats DJ

Just small things here and there. The venue is amazing, mount druid in westmeath. It's a real hippy dippy place as opposed to your usual elegant country manor. The acommodation is huts and yurts and caravans.

We had cheese and donuts and gin cocktails at the reception. Dessert table packed with cakes and treats that people could help themselves to. The band was brilliant, the room was amazing with loads of crazy crap all over the place.

And none of your residents bar shite, when the bar closed it was all up to a sort of flat thing in the far side of the grounds where you can fill the place with your own booze and session till the sun comes up.
No shit! I'm from Castletown, lovely spot for a wedding.
Did ye head into the village for a few? A lot of people seem a bit fascinated by the pubs as they're all such traditional shitholes