What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Phierstarter

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I get jokes.

Zook

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:44 pm

i wasn't talking to you but ok

Eucrid

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:26 pm

dwayne wrote:Are you planning on going out when you're off the drink? I think that'll help, if you can manage it. If you enjoy going out it'll be worth seeing how you can manage it sober regularly. if you enjoy going out and force yourself to stay in because you're off the drink, you'll only feel the need to drink the first time you have to go out for a big event (birthday, bank holiday, fuck parade, whatever).
Dwyane Scznits: sober coach.

enemies/friends

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:03 am

Had a migraine on Monday that just took things to a whole other level of nasty. Serious vertigo so bad I couldn't even stand up. Threw up around a dozen times. Pretty much lost my vision. Great craic!

Came back into work today and kind of regretting it already.

Zook

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:26 am

i used to get those pukey migraines, they're the worst!

enemies/friends

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:01 am

I can deal with the headaches, normally just sleep through them. Puking is just uncalled for though.

Zook

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am

and the blurry eye is no craic either

thedecline

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:12 am

The Rave in the woods is a Schrödingerian* entity right, it exists until you actually try to find it?
10 Picnics and I've never been, except one time I thought I had but I was just really drunk and in trenchtown.

*I'm aware this probably isn't a word.

LordPercy

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:14 pm

I've never been either so decided to take a look last year on the way over I changed my mind about going and proceeded to get lost for the first time. Took me about an hour of solid walking to get my bearing and find my way back to the campervan field

LordPercy

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:22 pm

My EPs going to be an odd one this year.

We have weekend tickets but as the wife is feeding the baby herself it's not practial for her to go for three days so I'm going to head down on my own on the Friday and either sleep in the car or buy a shitty two man tent for the night. Saturday will be not drinking so that I can drive to my folks on saturday night in order to pick up the wife so we can do a day trip on the Sunday.

I only know one other couple going and they're staying in boutique camping so Friday and Saturday will probably be spent largely on my own. I still want to go though so I think I'll go ahead with it.

Dick Jones

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 pm

I put E15 on my leap card yesterday but only 5 was deducted from my bank account. ;)

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 pm

I got offered an early bird price ticket and im seriously considering it. Our group is basically non existant though this year and the lineup still looks lacking for me. If they pull this reduced schedule Friday stuff again they can fuck off

LordPercy

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Can't see that they won't. Sold out again so no reason for them to spend more getting more bands in. People on boards.ie seem to think it's going to be chemical brothers on the Friday night so will have to see who else is on before I make the call on whether to bother with that night.

Dick Jones

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Was chatting to my mate about that just this morning, going to make a point of skipping chemical brothers whatever night they're on.

They're great and everything, but we've seen them a zillion times. Would rather watch whatever's on in B&S or maybe Salty Dog at the same time. Althought the Salty Dog headliners are probably tripe are they.

Mr.K

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm

I think I might be volunteering with B&S this year. Glad I won't be paying for it. I've found around twenty bands I want to see so if I see half that much for free I'll be okay
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

LordPercy

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Was chatting to my mate about that just this morning, going to make a point of skipping chemical brothers whatever night they're on.

They're great and everything, but we've seen them a zillion times. Would rather watch whatever's on in B&S or maybe Salty Dog at the same time. Althought the Salty Dog headliners are probably tripe are they.
Same, Chems are good and all but I've been there done that.
Looking at last year Belle & Sebastian were on in Electric arena same time as underworld and Ollie Cole and Redneck Manifesto were on the salty dog so anything of that quality would suit me. Maybe Super Furries in the Electric arena. If I'm on my own I'll probably just wander from stage to stage anyway and catch bits of everything.

Eucrid

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Was chatting to my mate about that just this morning, going to make a point of skipping chemical brothers whatever night they're on.

Trailer Park is a great spot for watching whatevers on at the time.

I really like the line up this year. I was a bit reluctant about going but thats swayed for another year.

Fred__Elliott

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Mr.K wrote:I think I might be volunteering with B&S this year. Glad I won't be paying for it. I've found around twenty bands I want to see so if I see half that much for free I'll be okay
cant wait to read your blog!

Dick Jones

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Nose flute jam in the catering campsite with Pixie and the gang.

Mr.K

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Mr.K wrote:I think I might be volunteering with B&S this year. Glad I won't be paying for it. I've found around twenty bands I want to see so if I see half that much for free I'll be okay
cant wait to read your blog!
Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention, it's electricnose here. Mr.K gave me his login when he left the boards. Hi everyone!
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.