What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
LordPercy

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:53 am

Thing with Cruz is that at least you know he's taking the money and while he'll be t beholden to those interests he'll most likely largey stick to his stated policies as distateful as they might be. With Trump as he showed last week with the abortion comments you've no idea what he really believes so you really can't tell what he'll be like if he was to be elected.

Did anybody see that bit on Trevor Noah the other night where he talked about his daughter? *shiver*
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... oah-881406

Fred__Elliott

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:55 am

enemies/friends wrote:Is anyone else enjoying see David Cameron squirm over this tax stuff?

After coming out and painting businesses who manage their tax affairs in a certain way as "morally wrong" it turns out he has his tax affairs managed and stuff stashed away in Panama.

Whether he actually paid tax properly or not, it's a lovely image of hypocrisy.
he's a slithery fuck, I'm not enjoying it as nothing will come of it. If he could survive that story about fucking the pigs head, then he's bullet proof

LordPercy

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:57 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Anyone here drive a hybrid?
Had a Prius as a hire car in the states once. Once it got up to speed it was grand but was slow to get there so made overtaking a bit shit. Small boot because of the batteries too. That was about 7 years ago though so they might have improved.

shivo

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:48 am

BadTurtle wrote:Read an interesting piece from one of the Guardian's US political correspondents saying Trump could be like Arnie if he got elected, abandoning a lot of Republican ideals he'd been touting to get voted in once they didn't work out for him. He said Arnie got elected governor based on some of those policies he purported to believe in, and then said fuck it when they went belly up and actually did some good for the state, supporting Obamacare etc.. I don't know how much of that is opinion but yer man was saying Trump could be similarly disloyal if he got in, which is why people should hope for him ahead of Cruz.
There'd definitely be move away from your typical conservative actions because he's jumped between being a democrat, independent and a republican over the years, and he has shown that he doesn't give a fuck about toeing the party line.

But whether he'd actually try get some good shit done, or turn the place into a (bigger) circus remains is the question.
Eitherway, I'm pretty certain Hillary is gonna get it and we'll be in for another global economic bubble in the next 10 years.

Rusty Shackleford

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:53 am

LordPercy wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:Anyone here drive a hybrid?
Had a Prius as a hire car in the states once. Once it got up to speed it was grand but was slow to get there so made overtaking a bit shit. Small boot because of the batteries too. That was about 7 years ago though so they might have improved.
Was looking at cars last night and the one that i was veering towards was a Peugeot 3008 which i didnt even realise was a Hybrid until I got home. I know fuck all about cars but thought Hybrids had a bad rep just!

Phierstarter

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am

BadTurtle wrote:Read an interesting piece from one of the Guardian's US political correspondents saying Trump could be like Arnie if he got elected, abandoning a lot of Republican ideals he'd been touting to get voted in once they didn't work out for him. He said Arnie got elected governor based on some of those policies he purported to believe in, and then said fuck it when they went belly up and actually did some good for the state, supporting Obamacare etc.. I don't know how much of that is opinion but yer man was saying Trump could be similarly disloyal if he got in, which is why people should hope for him ahead of Cruz.
He's said himself "everything is negotiable".

Phierstarter

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:42 am

enemies/friends wrote:Is anyone else enjoying see David Cameron squirm over this tax stuff?

After coming out and painting businesses who manage their tax affairs in a certain way as "morally wrong" it turns out he has his tax affairs managed and stuff stashed away in Panama.

Whether he actually paid tax properly or not, it's a lovely image of hypocrisy.
Cameron likes his money like he likes his refugees.
Offshore
Enjoying watching Iceland way more.

Eucrid

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:18 pm

shivo wrote:
There'd definitely be move away from your typical conservative actions because he's jumped between being a democrat, independent and a republican over the years, and he has shown that he doesn't give a fuck about toeing the party line.

But whether he'd actually try get some good shit done, or turn the place into a (bigger) circus remains is the question.
Eitherway, I'm pretty certain Hillary is gonna get it and we'll be in for another global economic bubble in the next 10 years.
If Trump was elected then there would probably be a democratic senate elected. I reckon he'd actually be quite flexible in making deals with them. Ted Cruz is the exact opposite, he is hated by the GOP nearly as much as Trump because he is too extreme, he's behind the government shut downs over there and he'd never negotiate with a democratic senate.

The only upside of a Clinton presidency is that she would be picking superme court justices.

shivo

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Never thought about the Supreme court. That's at least one positive from her getting in.

enemies/friends

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Great bit of driving this...

mojo

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 pm

most likely got a blow out rather than careless driving

how is the internet doing

miss you guys xo

Eucrid

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Or he fell asleep cos he's a trucker. Or he had a heart attack cos he's a trucker. Or he was getting a blow job from a hitch-hiker...

Phierstarter

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Mac's aren't so bad when they're free to take home.

enemies/friends

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 pm

It took them a couple of hours to clear the truck off the road, I heard it was cleared so drove home, then there was another accident about a mile up the road and there's a 3 mile tailback to get off the motorway at the junction with the road closed until at least the early hours of tomorrow

Longarms

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Phierstarter wrote:Mac's aren't so bad when they're free to take home.
I love the smell of my own fart, basically

Phierstarter

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 pm

lol@post#2 guy.
Honestly.

Longarms

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:13 am

Phierstarter wrote:lol@post#2 guy.
Honestly.
:thumbs:

Phierstarter

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:23 am

Brilliant. So tell me a bit about yoself.

Phierstarter

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:09 am

Bollocks. No sleep and this is the last shopping day before i go home to Dublin to surprise my ma for her 70th.
I repeat, bollocks.

citizen snips

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:47 pm

State of the picture that comes when you google Tubbercurry :lol: