What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Gatsby

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Met a girl at the bus stop on the way to college yesterday. Really friendly french girl doing her erasmus over here. We got chatting and ended up talking the whole way to college, really good conversation and there was obvious flirting on both sides (not sure on mine but the intention was there!). So when we were going our seperate ways to lectures, i asked for her number and she willingly obliged. After a bit of confusion with irish/french numbers we said our goodbyes and headed off.
So after college i waited till i got home and sent her a text, not being sure if the number had the right area code etc. Waited a while and heard nothing back. Said to myself, its probably the area code thats the problem. So then i had the brilliant idea of hiding my caller id and calling her to check if the number i sent the text to actually works... It did... now i'm in third stage denial of "she wasn't even that hot anyways" :) :(
"Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further…And on fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Fred__Elliott

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Gatsby wrote:Met a girl at the bus stop on the way to college yesterday. Really friendly french girl doing her erasmus over here. We got chatting and ended up talking the whole way to college, really good conversation and there was obvious flirting on both sides (not sure on mine but the intention was there!). So when we were going our seperate ways to lectures, i asked for her number and she willingly obliged. After a bit of confusion with irish/french numbers we said our goodbyes and headed off.
So after college i waited till i got home and sent her a text, not being sure if the number had the right area code etc. Waited a while and heard nothing back. Said to myself, its probably the area code thats the problem. So then i had the brilliant idea of hiding my caller id and calling her to check if the number i sent the text to actually works... It did... now i'm in third stage denial of "she wasn't even that hot anyways" :) :(
cheer up, maybe phier will take you laser tagging with him next weekend

Gatsby

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Can always hope
"Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further…And on fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

stateofyouboy

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 pm

not everyone has the same texting etiquette as horny irishmen, you'll probably still hear from her at some stage

Dick Jones

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Gatsby wrote:Met a girl at the bus stop on the way to college yesterday. Really friendly french girl doing her erasmus over here. We got chatting and ended up talking the whole way to college, really good conversation and there was obvious flirting on both sides (not sure on mine but the intention was there!). So when we were going our seperate ways to lectures, i asked for her number and she willingly obliged. After a bit of confusion with irish/french numbers we said our goodbyes and headed off.
You didn't give her much of a chance did you. How long was it between sending the first text message and turning in to a stalker?

stateofyouboy

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:35 pm

id say she might have guessed that you were the prank caller and will never give her number to a stranger ever ever again

Dick Jones

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:40 pm

You really bolloxed that up didn't you Gatsby. No continental lovin' for you.

Phierstarter

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:
He should be so lucky. There's loads of hotties going.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Biggy Shackleton

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:07 pm

If you just ring again and leave a voicemail to apologise for the text and the call that followed it, that should sort it and she'll be sure to call you back.

Women like guys to go that extra mile.

Maybe even sing your apology to your voicemail.

shivo

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Those apologies only work in person. He'll have to call over to her house.

Eucrid

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Phierstarter wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:
He should be so lucky. There's loads of hotties going.
Lazertag is how models keep in shape.

LordPercy

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 pm

:lol:

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Ah you dope. Should've called on private and put on a completely different voice asking "is Sully there?"
And as the others have said, waited a bit longer than a few hours to go into full-on stalker mode.

Zook

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:57 pm

we're on the home stretch now lads

this is it

Zook

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:57 pm

ACTUALLY

where is lola lately?

Mr.K

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:04 pm

She's on Twitter loads. She's very good on it.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

Zook

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:07 pm

how can you be good at twitter

i fucking hate it

Mr.K

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 pm

She's funny in short bursts, doesn't go on waffling and whinging about what she had for her tea and all that. Tuk was great though he posts way less now.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

Eucrid

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:12 pm

I did a twitter cull yesterday. Down from over 500 people to 290.