What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Fred__Elliott

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:28 am

eric the beard wrote:you need to find out lumbo.

jesus remember getting the jabs at school? the horror stories you would be told by the older lads. you'd believe every single one of them too and be absolutely bricking it.

best part for me was seeing some of the harder fellas crack up once it got to their turn. one fucker had a meltdown and started flinging chairs around the room.
I have a vivid memory of being in junior infants and us all lining up for a nurse to have a look at our mickeys with a lollipop stick but Im not sure if its real or if I read it in a book when I was younger either

schteeeve

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:30 am

Been asked if I 'fancy' going to one with my girlfriend's sister and her kids. On a Saturday.

:-|

Might go to one in town later, if the weather is passable.

Zook

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 am

going to one what?

Fred__Elliott

eric the beard wrote:bet there was nothing wrong with you zook.

anybody going to any bonfires / fireworks over the next few days? we're going to one tonight but it's giving a wet one. will probably be a total washout.
bonfires were on halloween mate :arrow:

LordPercy

My one was during the swine flu scare as well so it probably was it but I never say it was because I was pissed off by so many people with a sniffle claiming they had it, the aches were unreal. I couldn't straigthen my hands or anything the joints were so sore, sat curled up in a ball on the couch. Worst part was it hit me in the inlaws over christmas so I had to stay there for a few days before I could get back to my own house.

Zook

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:32 am

anybody going to any bonfires / fireworks over the next few days? we're going to one tonight but it's giving a wet one. will probably be a total washout.
:?

eric the beard
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:32 am

schteeeve wrote:Been asked if I 'fancy' going to one with my girlfriend's sister and her kids. On a Saturday.

:-|

Might go to one in town later, if the weather is passable.
manchester? the weather is supposed to be absolutely minging until about 9.

Zook

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:33 am

LordPercy wrote:My one was during the swine flu scare as well so it probably was it but I never say it was because I was pissed off by so many people with a sniffle claiming they had it, the aches were unreal. I couldn't straigthen my hands or anything the joints were so sore, sat curled up in a ball on the couch. Worst part was it hit me in the inlaws over christmas so I had to stay there for a few days before I could get back to my own house.
oh god remember that

someone would have a cough and be all "ohh i have swine flu ha ha ha"

as if they were fucking GASSSSS

eric the beard

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:34 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:

bonfires were on halloween mate :arrow:
not everybody on this forum lives in ireland you know.

Mr.K

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 am

I tried to go to work when I had it and a ten minute walk in took an hour. They told me to go home then (obviously) and I took another hour to get home. Spent days in my bed sweating so hard that my sheets were sopping. Just remember being awake then asleep then awake again while being in severe pain.

When the worst of it had passed I went to a house party to celebrate. Good old student days.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

LordPercy

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:44 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
eric the beard wrote:you need to find out lumbo.

jesus remember getting the jabs at school? the horror stories you would be told by the older lads. you'd believe every single one of them too and be absolutely bricking it.

best part for me was seeing some of the harder fellas crack up once it got to their turn. one fucker had a meltdown and started flinging chairs around the room.
I have a vivid memory of being in junior infants and us all lining up for a nurse to have a look at our mickeys with a lollipop stick but Im not sure if its real or if I read it in a book when I was younger either
I remember the nurse holding your balls and asking you to cough. I was so freaked out I couldn't cough. Didn't know what was going on.

eric the beard

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:46 am

i don't remember any of that kind of thing. i reckon you lads were interfered with.

Eucrid

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:56 am

Yeah no one ever inspected my mickey in school. The lads were molested.

The only weird mickey related thing I remember from school was that we were given sex education by our crazy Catholic female religion teacher. The sex education was mostly just the same stuff as biology but there was a section of cleaning your lad. Whatever info she had suggested washing your dick by peeling back your foreskin and taking a wire brush to the head.

Lumbo

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:58 am

Eucrid wrote:Yeah no one ever inspected my mickey in school. The lads were molested.

The only weird mickey related thing I remember from school was that we were given sex education by our crazy Catholic female religion teacher. The sex education was mostly just the same stuff as biology but there was a section of cleaning your lad. Whatever info she had suggested washing your dick by peeling back your foreskin and taking a wire brush to the head.
Da durty bitch

eric the beard

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:58 am

that's quite helpful information for a young kid.

we never had any sex education at school. it never came up. it was a shite school like but you would have still expected some mention of it.

shivo

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Thankfully I've only had the flu once. I'll never mistake a bad cold for a flu like I did previously. It was like getting hit by a bus.

It annoys me too when people say they're having a migraine when they're only having a bad headache. Like Cold/Flu it's a different ball game altogether. I used to get them quite often when I was younger. Any light above the smallest glimmer was like staring at the sun. Could hardly open my right eye, and when I did I had about 50% vision due to a big black blind spot that would over off to the right.
It would drain every last bit of energy out of me, but you can't sleep with them because your head feels like it's in a vice. it was a constant pain like that, which would only dim when other sharp, shooting pains would pierce your brain. Those were a different kind of pain and were almost welcome, because after each dart of pain, it would take your brain about a half second to register the previous vice-like agony. The tiny moment was like bliss. but before you can even get any respite it's back to the torture that could get so bad it could make you throw up.

Rev

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:57 pm

We never had sex ed or a nurse cupping our balls. I feel a bit left out to be honest.

Rob

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:21 pm

i think i've not had the flu since my childhood/teens. Hearing yous describe it definitely bring it back, and reminds you of the massive difference

And only had a migraine once, after a football game when i was like 17. Didn't know what the fuck was going on.

Rusty Shackleford

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:31 pm

They tried to teach us sex ed for about 5 minutes before abandoning the whole thing

I remember out PE teacher used to make us shower after class, some amount of nervous cock hiding going on.

Has anyone ever had a prostate examination?

Rusty Shackleford

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Also ive just realised nervous cock hiding kinda sounds like we were all banging eachother