What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:23 am

going to one of those haunted house scare attractions tonight

i love a good scare

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:26 am

manchester has opened one in the city centre but i see they're charging £20 entrance. fuck that.

you didn't happen to see don't tell the bride the other week, did you? the fella booked one of those zombie apocalypse events to take place before the ceremony. i was cringing the bollocks off myself. him and his best men all dressed up in SWAT team gear. 2 grand it cost as well.

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:56 am

Went to specsavers to get new glasses yesterday. I forgot how fucking weird a shop it is. The staff aren't rude as such, they're just really strange. There were more staff than customers when I was there, but they were all running around all stressed, bumping in to each other and acting like the sky was about to fall.

I just did the test and left with the prescription. Never going there again. The mcdonald's of opticians.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 am

eric the beard wrote:manchester has opened one in the city centre but i see they're charging £20 entrance. fuck that.

you didn't happen to see don't tell the bride the other week, did you? the fella booked one of those zombie apocalypse events to take place before the ceremony. i was cringing the bollocks off myself. him and his best men all dressed up in SWAT team gear. 2 grand it cost as well.
theyre all around that price. great money spinner. The ones in America are the best, like film sets and often have directors and stuff attached.

i imagine the one i'm going to will be more of rough and ready irish affair

didn't see that episode. Sounds awful. I find weddings very cringey in general. I had no weddings this year and have none for the foreseeable future

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:02 am

Dick Jones wrote:Went to specsavers to get new glasses yesterday. I forgot how fucking weird a shop it is. The staff aren't rude as such, they're just really strange. There were more staff than customers when I was there, but they were all running around all stressed, bumping in to each other and acting like the sky was about to fall.

I just did the test and left with the prescription. Never going there again. The mcdonald's of opticians.
i brought my son to one last week and i found the staff really nice and professional, super relaxed. 2 sets of designer frames with lenses for 200 euro is hard to beat

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2527
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:05 am

I left a bunch of pretty brainless work for myself to do today so I'm going to sit and pay no attention to what I'm doing while listening to a bunch of cheesy 90s rock playlists on youtube. Cat's in the cradle just came on.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:05 am

three weddings next year and potentially a fourth to be added soon.

i'm best man at one of them too.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 am

sickener

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 am

all four weddings will include lengthy travel, hotels etc. they're all close friends too so we'll be giving them a nice chunk of change.

and we are wanting to get away for 2 weeks to france for our actual holiday too.

better start saving now really.

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:15 am

The maddest person I know is getting married next year and theres about 40 other mad bastards going to his stag do. Im kinda not even looking forward too it cause they are all mental.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:18 am

sure are you not all mad bastards in strabane.

where's the stag?

we have potentially one mad bastard coming on the stag i am organising next year but he's 50-50 at the moment.

he still gets drunk and loves to box people. he's a relative of the groom so he's been asked as a courtesy, i'm hoping he declines soon.

User avatar
Phierstarter
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Anyone else having forum problems this morning?
Image

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:45 pm

eric the beard wrote:sure are you not all mad bastards in strabane.

where's the stag?
Galway!

Ive never actually been before

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2527
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Phierstarter wrote:Anyone else having forum problems this morning?
Nope.

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2527
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
eric the beard wrote:sure are you not all mad bastards in strabane.

where's the stag?
Galway!

Ive never actually been before
I'd like to be seeing galway for the first time. It's a great spot but I've been so many times at this stage and keep ending up in the same places.

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3577
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Was wondering the other week about counties - have you visited them all?

Not counting the North, where I've only been in Belfast, pretty sure I've visited every county in Ireland.

Have a go yerselves there.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

a mate who i dont see / speak to very often is getting married in galway next year but if we did get an invite i doubt we'd make that one.

i'll turn down the stag and then that should make the whole invite decision that little bit easier.

User avatar
Rev
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 am

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Dick Jones wrote:Was wondering the other week about counties - have you visited them all?

Not counting the North, where I've only been in Belfast, pretty sure I've visited every county in Ireland.

Have a go yerselves there.

I've been to all 26 in the Republic but only Down and Antrim up north.

@Phier: Yeah, the forum was timing out on me this morning.

User avatar
voidoid
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Inside the Mocktagon
Contact:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Just paid an outstanding tax bill of over €2,000.
Big relief to have it sorted finally but it must be the least satisfying way yet that I've spent a windfall

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm

i'm back from my hols :cry: :cry:
Image

Post Reply