What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
voidoid

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:33 pm

shivo wrote:Tell me more about these "breathing techniques" - I'm sure there's something to them, but I laugh to myself everything I hear the phrase as all I imagine is some saying "Ok, breath in your nose. Right, got that? Ok, and now breath out your mouth. Good job, everyone. Take a break, you've earned it."

Never really gone too far into it.

Only one i've ever used is

Breath in through nose (slow 5 count)
Hold the breath (slow 5 count)
Exhale through mouth (slow 5 count)
Hold No Breath (slow 5 count)
Repeat

The holding no breath is a killer

Zook

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:36 pm

i get a bit panicky with the breathing thing though.. i don't like thinking about it too much

JC!

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:19 pm

i use that headspace (well, haven't in ages but i've paid for a subscription)- it's good. i must get back into it.

maradara

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 am

Warm greetings to you and every member of your family. Hope all is well with you? I am SGT. Weber Derick, an American Soldier serving in Kabul, Afghanistan. I have an urgent and serious business proposition for you which requires your TRUST, HONESTY and ACCEPTANCE. Can I Trust You on this deal? Well, I cannot disclose much now until I read from you. There is no risk involved whatsoever, so do write me via my personal email for detailed information.

Email: sgtweberderick01@outlook.com

Regards
SGT. Weber Derick
US Military.
would you trust sgt weber?

Dick Jones

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 am

So, my gf's wallet was stolen down there. She didn't even realise she had it, thought it was in the car all weekend but it actually was in a shopping bag there in the tent.

Got a text from the bank last night saying call us, there's some suspicious transactions on your card.

Three or four hundred quid in separate purchases on two debits cards, some site called Wish.com. Little fucking cunts.

BUT

as well as the online shit, there was a PIZZA ordered from Mizzoni in Phibsboro.

Called the shop and they were sound about it. Pulled up the transaction, the delivery address etc. Said they'd be happy to assist the Gardai.

Gardai looking in to it this morning, as are the bank. Because the site will have the delivery address too. Deadly.

Anyone had any experience with this in the past?

Zook

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:56 am

ordering a pizza.. what a fucking idiot :lol: :lol:

mojo

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:00 am

surely they will be caught now the stupid robbing cunts

a pizza justice right there

eric the beard
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:05 am

but sure they might have just had it delivered to a random address and stood outside it.

i think the banks give their customers the benefit of the doubt in situations like this, though. they just have a bit of a look into it and usually refund the money.

Rob

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:18 am

I've always been curious, other than using the tap function, what could you really use a stolen card for that's not gonna either need the pin or includes address

Wouldn't the Wish.com stuff include a delivery address too?

Dick Jones

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 am

I guess it would yeah. We've emailed the site to ask how they can help.

Hopefully between the pizza place, the site, one or two other things on the card that we couldn't identify, and the Gardai actually knowing what to do, they'll be caught.

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am

What did they buy from Wish.com? Can you find out?

eric the beard
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:30 am

imagine someone stole your card and donated a few hundred quid to charity.

you'd feel like some cunt for trying to claim that back.

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:33 am

The Robin Hood of credit card fraud

Shatners Bassoon

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

JC! wrote:i use that headspace (well, haven't in ages but i've paid for a subscription)- it's good. i must get back into it.
Considering paying for a subscription myself - is it worth it? I felt the 10 free ones were pretty much the same thing repeated. Not mad on your man's voice either which could be a major issue!

enemies/friends

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 am

I'm going to a Jazz and Blues festival in Donegal this weekend.
Words I never thought I'd utter.

Dick Jones

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:16 am

enemies/friends wrote:I'm going to a Jazz and Blues festival in Donegal this weekend.
Words I never thought I'd utter.
:D :D

phpBB [video]

mojo

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:25 am

Rob wrote:I've always been curious, other than using the tap function, what could you really use a stolen card for that's not gonna either need the pin or includes address

Wouldn't the Wish.com stuff include a delivery address too?
They could just get the stuff delivered to mailboxes e.g parcel motel or arrange to collect them from the courier depot/ups etc.

Or put a semi-correct address (eg. an apartment number that doesn't exist on an apt block or a vacant apt) and then the delivery driver will have to phone them or it get it left in the communal delivery space

it is a risk for them still obviously

Phierstarter

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:41 am

Haha, criminal masterminds and their pizzas.

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Dick Jones wrote:So, my gf's wallet was stolen down there. She didn't even realise she had it, thought it was in the car all weekend but it actually was in a shopping bag there in the tent.

Got a text from the bank last night saying call us, there's some suspicious transactions on your card.

Three or four hundred quid in separate purchases on two debits cards, some site called Wish.com. Little fucking cunts.

BUT

as well as the online shit, there was a PIZZA ordered from Mizzoni in Phibsboro.

Called the shop and they were sound about it. Pulled up the transaction, the delivery address etc. Said they'd be happy to assist the Gardai.

Gardai looking in to it this morning, as are the bank. Because the site will have the delivery address too. Deadly.

Anyone had any experience with this in the past?
Muppets. Lol.

Why would wish.com or a pizza order be flagged suspicious though?

Rev

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Maybe something to do with the billing address you usually have to fill out when ordering online. If an unknown address was filled in for the card it might get flagged.