What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
blitzen

Thu May 07, 2015 4:49 pm

dwayne wrote:Hey Blitzen, what do you think of this? http://www.newstalk.com/No-mans-land-Wh ... x-marriage

I'm not sure all of Donegal should be represented by Buncrana/Inishowen. Hopefully we vote yes!

I still need to change my registration to Dublin though, won't be able to get home to vote for it. Can I go to any Garda station to get my change of reg form stamped?
Apologies about the delay.

Sadly I know one of those individuals interviewed and without being libelous they are hugely disliked around the town and their opinion wouldn't be worth their weight in air.

I think Donegal will still vote yes. It's easy just to find a few naysayers anywhere you go - look at what SSN do outside every football ground. Sadly you can't censor all the idiots all the time.

Hope you managed to get your vote sorted too dwayne.

citizen snips

Thu May 07, 2015 5:00 pm

I have a mild form of seb derm, started to get blotches on my face that come and go. But then I was getting weird aches and pains in my joints that had spread from what I thought was just an old football injury in my knee playing up, so my doc is sending me to a derm and rheumatologist to check if I have psoriatic arthritis! Google image hasn't helped one bit since I heard that one :shock:

EP sick ward eh.

Dick Jones

Thu May 07, 2015 5:22 pm

I've had a dicky foot the past couple of weeks. An ache that comes or goes, kinda around the "knuckle" of my big toe.

Is it possible that I could have damaged it without actually taking a knock or falling or anything?

dwayne

Thu May 07, 2015 5:55 pm

blitzen wrote: Hope you managed to get your vote sorted too dwayne.
I did not. Gonna ask to leave an hour early from work, get the 5:30 bus and should be in LK for 9-9:30, enough time to get to my polling station.

Phierstarter

Thu May 07, 2015 6:12 pm

I'd much rather a vote to make civil partnership equivalent in terms of rights.
No self respecting gay couple should get married.

dwayne

Thu May 07, 2015 6:46 pm

And why not? And who are you (as a straight person) to tell gay people how they should feel?

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Thu May 07, 2015 6:59 pm

sounds like something the Iona institute would come out with.

Zook

Thu May 07, 2015 7:30 pm

maradara wrote:i had the light treatment zook. it's grand. think i did 14 courses in the end. stepping in with nothing but a cup. reminded me of this always

only problem is that it doesn't get through hair, so it won't help your scalp. my head's completely fucked. i'd look like gorbachev if you stripped away the hair

light treatment cured me everywhere else for about 5 years though. now it's creeping back. got a whopper piece coming through one of my tattoos, which is shit. sunny climate helps though

try cocois if you cant get coal tar
haha yeah I read that about men having to wear a jock strap that they provide :lol:

5 years! ? That's fucking class... Aw I'd be happy even with a few months relief. It hurts to sit down cos I have it on the back of my legs so if that even cleared up I'd be delighted

never knew there were so many scaly forum friends :lol:

Zook

Thu May 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Phierstarter wrote:I'd much rather a vote to make civil partnership equivalent in terms of rights.
:roll:

Honestly. Just stop

Zook

Thu May 07, 2015 7:34 pm

citizen snips wrote:I have a mild form of seb derm, started to get blotches on my face that come and go. But then I was getting weird aches and pains in my joints that had spread from what I thought was just an old football injury in my knee playing up, so my doc is sending me to a derm and rheumatologist to check if I have psoriatic arthritis! Google image hasn't helped one bit since I heard that one :shock:

EP sick ward eh.
I have psoriatic arthritis. Being honest it's probably the worst thing that's happened to me but it's under control now for the most part. I couldn't walk down the stairs in my house one day with the pain and my doctor kept saying there was nothing wrong. HE WAS WRONG!!!!!

maradara

Thu May 07, 2015 7:55 pm

the medication for it is a shit load cheaper over here too. I had thrown out some of it while moving here, because they're steroid based and I wasn't sure if I'd be locked up on arrival (solpedine isn't sold here).

A tube that cost 200 Euro (seriously) in Dublin, cost me 15 Euro here, and I got it without a prescription (so no doc trip)

Hope it works out for you

shivo

Thu May 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Proper health coverage is the business. I bought a couple of tubes of some cream and When they said it was 86 euro I gave them a big WTF. Turns out it was 86 cent.

ciaoq

Thu May 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Phierstarter wrote:I'd much rather a vote to make civil partnership equivalent in terms of rights.
That's wtf even by your standards!

I have had that light treatment before zook, it's really amazing. Never had to take tablets with it though.

citizen snips

Thu May 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Zook wrote:
citizen snips wrote:I have a mild form of seb derm, started to get blotches on my face that come and go. But then I was getting weird aches and pains in my joints that had spread from what I thought was just an old football injury in my knee playing up, so my doc is sending me to a derm and rheumatologist to check if I have psoriatic arthritis! Google image hasn't helped one bit since I heard that one :shock:

EP sick ward eh.
I have psoriatic arthritis. Being honest it's probably the worst thing that's happened to me but it's under control now for the most part. I couldn't walk down the stairs in my house one day with the pain and my doctor kept saying there was nothing wrong. HE WAS WRONG!!!!!
Shit one, yeah I've only really briefly read about it but I'm as cautious of the side effects of the meds they prescribe for it as I am of the condition itself tbh.
I'll just keep it in that back of the mind storage space until I have to deal with it, like most things. :lol:

Zook

Thu May 07, 2015 8:56 pm

The earlier they find out what's wrong and treat it the better it'll be for you in the long run though

Hope it's not for your sake though!

citizen snips

Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Zook wrote:The earlier they find out what's wrong and treat it the better it'll be for you in the long run though

Hope it's not for your sake though!
Oh yeah, I'm already awaiting appointments etc, I just mean I'll be trying not to be thinking about it til the day.

And nice one.

enemies/friends

Thu May 07, 2015 9:42 pm

If the early exit poll results are correct, Britain is fucked as the DUP are going to give them the balance of power.

never_green

Thu May 07, 2015 9:47 pm

very surprised by those results, how could all the polling companies be so wrong the past while?

dwayne

Thu May 07, 2015 9:48 pm

enemies/friends wrote:If the early exit poll results are correct, Britain is fucked as the DUP are going to give them the balance of power.
That really would be the absolute nightmare. The rest of the UK has got to ignore the absolute batshit mental shite the DUP come out with for quite a while, if they're a coalition partner then they'll no longer have such luck

enemies/friends

Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Of course if Sinn Fein took their seats then the DUP wouldn't be enough...