What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
never_green

Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 am

That I assume. It being a few weeks after registration has closed is the main issue.

It's going to be my first time voting here.

Hope not being around to vote in the irish referendum isn't going to be an issue.

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 am

Eucrid wrote:
Phierstarter wrote:I see Russell Brand's being a douche again.

What's h done now? I just seen him admit he was wrong about not voting and telling people to vote Labour.

His YouTube channel is some amount of shite.
Robert Webb wrote a great article about why you should vote in response to Brand back when he first starting spouting revolution bollocks. Presumably that wasn't what changed brands mind though, he probably met a nice lady in Labour or something.
Hate that the rubberbandits have hitched their wagon to his star, makes them look a lot more ignorant than they are.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 am

The Who are the 3rd Glasto headliner.

Did they play at Oxegen one year? Ive a memory of seeing them but cant remember where

BadTurtle

Wed May 06, 2015 8:58 am

They were the Saturday night headliners in 2006. It was Arctic monkeys, then the Strokes, then the Who and then James Brown on the main stage. Ridiculous line-up.

never_green

Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 am

Another underwhelming festival headliner.

Eucrid

Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 am

BadTurtle wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

What's h done now? I just seen him admit he was wrong about not voting and telling people to vote Labour.

Robert Webb wrote a great article about why you should vote in response to Brand back when he first starting spouting revolution bollocks. Presumably that wasn't what changed brands mind though, he probably met a nice lady in Labour or something.
Hate that the rubberbandits have hitched their wagon to his star, makes them look a lot more ignorant than they are.
Yeah I remember reading that. It was a decent article but Robert Webb is an establishment type, Brand is never going to listen to him.

Eucrid

Wed May 06, 2015 9:01 am

BadTurtle wrote:They were the Saturday night headliners in 2006. It was Arctic monkeys, then the Strokes, then the Who and then James Brown on the main stage. Ridiculous line-up.
That was great. Had to suffer through Hard Fi to get up the front for it all though.

BadTurtle

Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am

After all the hype it is underwhelming but mostly because they've headlined before and have no new worthwhile material. They're a great live band to be fair.
Sounds like Glastos first choice pulled out because the Who were booked for a gig in Paris that night and have cancelled.

ishouldcoco

Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 am

Hard Fi's first album was really good! :oops:

Eucrid

Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 am

The Who are one of the all time great bands. Far better headliner than most that do Glasto.

ishouldcoco

Wed May 06, 2015 9:04 am

Didn't Eavis mention the 3rd headliner was 2 bands, suggesting Beady Eye and High Flying Birds combining to be Oasis for the night? The Who, dirty paedos.

BadTurtle

Wed May 06, 2015 9:06 am

Eucrid wrote:
BadTurtle wrote:They were the Saturday night headliners in 2006. It was Arctic monkeys, then the Strokes, then the Who and then James Brown on the main stage. Ridiculous line-up.
That was great. Had to suffer through Hard Fi to get up the front for it all though.
They were horrendous. Closest thing to a bunch of cats wailing I've ever heard. And I quite liked one of their singles.

Lola

Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 am

i_ate_cats wrote:Not if you're waged I reckon.
Rusty Shackleford wrote:100 is grand. Dont a lot of people spend way more than 100?
Cheers lads! It's the only thing I've noticed him say he wants in recent weeks tbh

Lola

Wed May 06, 2015 9:13 am

BadTurtle wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

Brand is a right twat but it's better to see someone use their odd but undeniable influence with the best of intentions. He seems like he genuinely cares about the housing issue anyway

Lola

Wed May 06, 2015 9:13 am

Ridiculous but it was bloody good fun though.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 06, 2015 9:15 am

Lola wrote:
i_ate_cats wrote:Not if you're waged I reckon.
Rusty Shackleford wrote:100 is grand. Dont a lot of people spend way more than 100?
Cheers lads! It's the only thing I've noticed him say he wants in recent weeks tbh
He said he wants 100 quid? :mrgreen:

ishouldcoco

Wed May 06, 2015 9:16 am

Yeah what is it Lola! And is Jon Snow a dick in real life?

never_green

Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

Eucrid wrote:The Who are one of the all time great bands. Far better headliner than most that do Glasto.
It's more that they're doing a big London date already as part of the Hyde Park series.

The whole thing feels like a repeat of last year's last minute addition of Metallica to fill a gaping hole.

You'd hope Eavis would be nailing down these big headliners 12 months in advance.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

I remember that Arctic Monkeys gig. It was probably the worst weather ive ever seen at a festival. So i hid in the tent and seen Regina Spektor, Jose Gonzales, Eels and Zero 7 in a row. Death Cab were on after those too. What a lineup

Looking back at some old Oxegen lineups. They were always great. For all the pop shite, there was a lot of class bands on elsewhere

Lola

Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 am

ishouldcoco wrote:Yeah what is it Lola! And is Jon Snow a dick in real life?
It's a really nice coat tbh.

I think he's a nice guy. Pretty quiet with a fairly dry sense of humour which is why I think he got into bother with that interview.