What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 am

Yeah Jake's some man eh! Shoulder to cry on/cock to sit on

User avatar
dwayne
Posts: 3082
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:57 pm
Contact:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 am

mojo wrote:California is ridiculously far away and expensive to fly to.
I'm going over for 2 weeks at the end of January....annoyingly Aer Lingus were doing a 20% sale on flights to America a couple weeks ago, couldn't book 'cause I wasn't too sure about the time off from work. Was €530 for a direct return from Dublin to SF.

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 am

haha thanks for the dick offer Jake, ur a tru m8!
I couldn't find a job in Norway, that's the main reason I left, I also wasn't very fond of the place we were living ,its a small city/town and I found it pretty boring- gorgeous nature in spades but not much in the way of craic, good food or interesting places to go. I was just racing through my savings for the last 4 months and not really enjoying it, so I had to make the decision to come back. Now my long term plan is to move to London in the new year and hopefully Jamie will join me over there.
Mojo I defo pity you on the airfares alright ,that's gotta be tricky to deal with. I hope it works out and doesn't drive either of you too crazy.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

you're not long gone wikky, will you be able to get your old job back?

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:11 am

dwayne wrote:
mojo wrote:California is ridiculously far away and expensive to fly to.
I'm going over for 2 weeks at the end of January....annoyingly Aer Lingus were doing a 20% sale on flights to America a couple weeks ago, couldn't book 'cause I wasn't too sure about the time off from work. Was €530 for a direct return from Dublin to SF.
thats dirt cheap, nice they opened that route isnt it

though i do wonder what a direct flight that long would be like. I kinda like the stopover to stretch the legs a bit and get a bit of food that isnt in a plastic container

im looking at going over at the end of august for a week...its looking about 650-700

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 am

piepiepress wrote:haha thanks for the dick offer Jake, ur a tru m8!
I couldn't find a job in Norway, that's the main reason I left, I also wasn't very fond of the place we were living ,its a small city/town and I found it pretty boring- gorgeous nature in spades but not much in the way of craic, good food or interesting places to go. I was just racing through my savings for the last 4 months and not really enjoying it, so I had to make the decision to come back. Now my long term plan is to move to London in the new year and hopefully Jamie will join me over there.
Mojo I defo pity you on the airfares alright ,that's gotta be tricky to deal with. I hope it works out and doesn't drive either of you too crazy.
thanks. Sure we'll see how it goes

he left ireland for more or less the exact same reasons as you left norway

london is a good option. Jamie would be back in his precious UK!

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 am

eric the beard wrote:you're not long gone wikky, will you be able to get your old job back?
possibly, but I don't really want to go back, I was very happy to leave it! the dole will do me for a little while, I reckon I'll be able to get a new job fairly quickly, well fingers crossed anyway

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 am

Image
23 acts added to Electric Picnic. Including half of Longitude.
JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW • SBTRKT• BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB• WILD BEASTS• THE 1975 • HOZIER • HERCULES&LOVE AFFAIR • CATHY DAVEY• ASGEIR• NICK MULVEY• SAMPHA• SEINABO SEY• RUSTIE • THE STRYPES• WALKING ON CARS • LE GALEXIE• **** ROBOT • BP FALLON • NIGHTBOX • SHEPPARD• THE WHEREABOUTS • TRINITY ORCHESTRA• DUBLIN GOSPEL CHOIR

User avatar
dwayne
Posts: 3082
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:57 pm
Contact:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 am

mojo wrote:
dwayne wrote:
mojo wrote:California is ridiculously far away and expensive to fly to.
I'm going over for 2 weeks at the end of January....annoyingly Aer Lingus were doing a 20% sale on flights to America a couple weeks ago, couldn't book 'cause I wasn't too sure about the time off from work. Was €530 for a direct return from Dublin to SF.
thats dirt cheap, nice they opened that route isnt it

though i do wonder what a direct flight that long would be like. I kinda like the stopover to stretch the legs a bit and get a bit of food that isnt in a plastic container

im looking at going over at the end of august for a week...its looking about 650-700
Think they've had it before actually, hopefully they're bringing it back permanently now.

I've done Dublin-London-SF a few times, so that'd be an even longer flight. It's grand if you can sleep, really.

User avatar
ciaoq
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Four for you, Glenn Coco. You go, Glenn Coco!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 am

scraping the barrel! I am looking forward to a couple of acts, but overall its a pretty pants line up.

Sorry to hear Norway didn't work out wikmeister, at least this way you will never wonder 'what if', she who dares my son
Image

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 am

its a bit of meh line up when you compare it to previous years

i would however really like to see the stranglers and blondie live at some point in my life

User avatar
ciaoq
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Four for you, Glenn Coco. You go, Glenn Coco!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:31 am

Blondie will be great alright, pretty much the only decent big act imo. Atomic will be a real moment!
Image

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

I wasnt having a go at you personally zook

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:33 am

cheers quigglesworth, yeah I don't regret going over, really disappointed that I couldn't make it work

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:36 am

mojo wrote:
piepiepress wrote:haha thanks for the dick offer Jake, ur a tru m8!
I couldn't find a job in Norway, that's the main reason I left, I also wasn't very fond of the place we were living ,its a small city/town and I found it pretty boring- gorgeous nature in spades but not much in the way of craic, good food or interesting places to go. I was just racing through my savings for the last 4 months and not really enjoying it, so I had to make the decision to come back. Now my long term plan is to move to London in the new year and hopefully Jamie will join me over there.
Mojo I defo pity you on the airfares alright ,that's gotta be tricky to deal with. I hope it works out and doesn't drive either of you too crazy.
thanks. Sure we'll see how it goes

he left ireland for more or less the exact same reasons as you left norway

london is a good option. Jamie would be back in his precious UK!
the one thing Jamie hates most in the world is soft southerners

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am

facking soft southerners

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:43 am

yeah but he faaacckkiiinnngggg LOVES me

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:46 am

why what part of england is he from jake?

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am

ciaoq wrote:Blondie will be great alright, pretty much the only decent big act imo. Atomic will be a real moment!
OutKast, Portishead and Beck are all better bookings. Heard Blondie aren't up to much live these days.

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am

eric the beard wrote:why what part of england is he from jake?
Staffordshire

Post Reply