What's on your mind?

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 am

sure he can skype his daddy. u can't skype sex! think of mojo's sex life people!!

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 am

NO THANK YOU!

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:43 am

you still long distance jake?

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:people who are not in long distance relationships usually think its all so simple to sort out. those sort of questions used to wreck my head as well.
this

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

mooch wrote:NO THANK YOU!
dont pretend you havent already mooch

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 am

eric the beard wrote:you still long distance jake?

only for another month or so :)

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 am

fair play

I assume your missus is ireland bound?

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:04 am

mojo wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:people who are not in long distance relationships usually think its all so simple to sort out. those sort of questions used to wreck my head as well.
this

I found the best way was to just give em vague answers that she's moving back soon. they usually go "ah great" and then forget about it for a while. they're not really interested unless they're close mates or immediate family

User avatar
piepiepress
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:51 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 am

as of today I am in a long distance relationship, I'm headed back to Dublin (writing this in Copenhagen airport on my layover) Jamie is staying in Norway. Fucking Norway. No direct flights between our cities either makes it an additional pain in the arse :( Jake I'll be looking for your advice on how to deal with this, you've been at it now for how long, like 2 years or so?!

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 am

jaysus wikky sorry to hear norway didn't work out. was just going to ask you what the latest was!

what was it that pushed you over the edge then?

ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 am

What happened wikky, did ya not like norway?

User avatar
voidoid
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:19 am
Location: Inside the Mocktagon
Contact:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 am

Long distance blows but I did have a couple of good years while I had to do it. I managed to fill my time and threw myself into new interests and got back in regular contact with some very good friends.
I was lucky in that there was cheap direct flights though, would rarely go more than 7 weeks without seeing each other.
There was also a pretty good idea of when the long distance would end. That helped A LOT.

Readjusting to considering someone elses plans and timetable now that she's moved back has been a bit weird but it is far and above the better situation.

User avatar
never_green
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:30 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 am

I've never done long distance but I wouldn't for a second think it's in any way simple to sort the logistics out.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am

I'd struggle with it. I've been lucky really that I've never had to do it.

oh tell a lie. me and my ex spent 3 months apart years and years ago. we broke up about 1 week after we were reunited so there you go, I definitely did struggle with it.

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

Sorry to hear about that wikky.
I was in a long-distance relationship for about a year, spent 9 months in Bordeaux, then she went to India for 4 months after about a gap of 3 months. It wasn't a good idea, felt like we'd just gotten back together and we were apart all over again. We fought about it all the time too. Probably too young to handle it, looking back.

Anyone go to Longitude this weekend? Only went for the Sunday, Massive Attack were excellent as you'd expect. Always love when they put up the days headlines as part of their lightshow, great reactions from the crowd for the politicians and celebs.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 am

sickner for you wikky babes

i know there are no direct flights there but its not that far away really. California is ridiculously far away and expensive to fly to.

my best friend is also in a long distance relationship

lot of it going on it seems

User avatar
Fred__Elliott
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 am

piepiepress wrote:as of today I am in a long distance relationship, I'm headed back to Dublin (writing this in Copenhagen airport on my layover) Jamie is staying in Norway. Fucking Norway. No direct flights between our cities either makes it an additional pain in the arse :( Jake I'll be looking for your advice on how to deal with this, you've been at it now for how long, like 2 years or so?!
2 and a half now!

Give me a shout whenever you want, I'm always free to talk

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4518
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
mojo wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:people who are not in long distance relationships usually think its all so simple to sort out. those sort of questions used to wreck my head as well.
this

I found the best way was to just give em vague answers that she's moving back soon. they usually go "ah great" and then forget about it for a while. they're not really interested unless they're close mates or immediate family
Jeez, SORRY FOR BEING BORN

And you're right of course I've never been in one so I don't understand and that's why I was asking

Long distance dick

(Lol long distance dick)
Image

ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 am

I did it for 6 months, yeah, it's shit.

User avatar
Eucrid
Posts: 6197
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
piepiepress wrote:as of today I am in a long distance relationship, I'm headed back to Dublin (writing this in Copenhagen airport on my layover) Jamie is staying in Norway. Fucking Norway. No direct flights between our cities either makes it an additional pain in the arse :( Jake I'll be looking for your advice on how to deal with this, you've been at it now for how long, like 2 years or so?!
2 and a half now!

Give me a shout whenever you want, I'm always free to talk
bow chika wowow

Post Reply