TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Dick Jones

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 am

Gilfoyle is an absolute ringer for my mate. Carries on like him aswell.

Eucrid

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm

Review caught me completely off guard this week. What a fucking miserable show it is. :lol: was

Rob

Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Rick and Morty Season 3 Episode 1 is online, in what appears to have been the opposite of an April Fools by Dan Harmon

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... c.php&_rdr

If you're wondering why the video is 3 hours long, i think they've just looped the episode

Lumbo

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 am

Dick Jones wrote:Gilfoyle is an absolute ringer for my mate. Carries on like him aswell.
I would have never guessed.

stateofyouboy

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 am

watching 13 reasons to die on netflix, about half way through it, really enjoying it

fatguy2k1

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:02 am

stateofyouboy wrote:watching 13 reasons to die on netflix, about half way through it, really enjoying it
Watched the first few episodes of that too. Really good. Kinda different to what i was thinking it would be from the trailer I saw but good so far. really drags you in and I want to binge on it.

Dick Jones

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm

A friend of mine was on Dragons Den last night with her little business. She got a €50,000 investment off one of them, fair play.

Sadieskitchen.ie if anyone's interested.

eric the beard
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:18 pm

TWD finale
good episode :thumbs:

the timing of hilltop & the kingdom's intervention was a bit too handy, but it needed to happen. there was no way they could close the season with another one of rick's crew getting smashed into bits.

but yeah enjoyed it, the stuff was sasha was all very well done, and she's a big loss too. wish i hadn't read she was off to star in another show because that more or less meant she was definitely going to die.

still not overly confident that the show will improve but if there's the odd decent episode here and there, like this one, then i can just about muddle through.

glad those junkyard people betrayed rick, because they're fucking shite, and now they're going to die. are they ever going to explain why the zombie apocalypse seemed to fuck up their ability to speak in full sentences, when everybody else is talking grand ffs.

Rob

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 pm

finished Big Little Lies
really enjoyed it throughout. Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are both so good. fairly sure there were hints throughout but called that one of the twins was the bully and that Perry was the raper early on (especially with him never interacting with any of the others). Didn't know who'd die though. Would like to watch all the minor character's interviews again now

Eucrid

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 pm

eric the beard wrote:TWD finale
good episode :thumbs:

the timing of hilltop & the kingdom's intervention was a bit too handy, but it needed to happen. there was no way they could close the season with another one of rick's crew getting smashed into bits.

but yeah enjoyed it, the stuff was sasha was all very well done, and she's a big loss too. wish i hadn't read she was off to star in another show because that more or less meant she was definitely going to die.

still not overly confident that the show will improve but if there's the odd decent episode here and there, like this one, then i can just about muddle through.

glad those junkyard people betrayed rick, because they're fucking shite, and now they're going to die. are they ever going to explain why the zombie apocalypse seemed to fuck up their ability to speak in full sentences, when everybody else is talking grand ffs.
I liked it too. Very tense in parts. Didn't see the garbage pail kids betraying them coming, though probably should have. In most shows that scene with Negan, Rick and Carl doesn't work but because they kill people a lot it works on TWD. It's pretty much the best trick the show has but boy it works.

Sasha got one of the best endings of any TWD character. I wasn't a fan of her but that ending really redeemed her.

The fucking Tiger attacking the saviours was deadly. And Carl starting the gun fight was bad ass too. Need more bad assary from our guys next season.

Hope they do way more big action episodes next year. If it's all out war it needs to be more than an exciting pilot then wait till the mid-season finale, then wait for the season finale. It needs to be pretty relentless.

mooch

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:23 pm

TWD

agreed completely with eric & eucrid
especially about those stupid garbage people....why do they talk like that? the zombie apocalypse is only as old as Judith for christsake

what was the story with the little soldier that daryl found? with "didn't know" written on it? was it left by dwight to say he didn't know the garbage people were on negan's side? or maybe eugene about sasha killing herself?

anyway it was the best episode in a terrible season

also sasha's goodbye bits reminded me of her brother tyrese's goodbye episode.

stateofyouboy

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:01 am

i feel like i can proudly say i dont watch twd anymore

i_ate_cats

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am

Rob wrote:finished Big Little Lies
really enjoyed it throughout. Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are both so good. fairly sure there were hints throughout but called that one of the twins was the bully and that Perry was the raper early on (especially with him never interacting with any of the others). Didn't know who'd die though. Would like to watch all the minor character's interviews again now
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. Don't think Witherspoon has ever really impressed me as much as she does here.

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:20 am

I don't watch the walking dead but it feels like people are talking about "the finale" every couple of months.

Eucrid

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:21 am

mooch wrote:TWD

especially about those stupid garbage people....why do they talk like that? the zombie apocalypse is only as old as Judith for christsake

what was the story with the little soldier that daryl found? with "didn't know" written on it? was it left by dwight to say he didn't know the garbage people were on negan's side? or maybe eugene about sasha killing herself?

Yeah I think Dwight left it. The "didn't know" was about the GBKs I'd assume.

Future prediction: Just when it looks like our heroes are in a no win, can't escape situation the all female gang will show up to save the day.

Biggy Shackleton

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 am

Started reading The Son - Philllip Meyer last week.
only just a few chapters in but loving it, its absolutely fantastic, and i see there's already a TV show of it thats started on AMC.

Anyone watching it? Any good? Pierce Brosnan is in it which is a bit of a killer but fuck it.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Eucrid wrote:
mooch wrote:TWD

Yeah I think Dwight left it. The "didn't know" was about the GBKs I'd assume.

Future prediction: Just when it looks like our heroes are in a no win, can't escape situation the all female gang will show up to save the day.
my gf looked it up. When Daryl was helping out Dwight a few seasons back, Dwight carved a little figurine for him apparently.

I thought the action was shite and the saved at the last minute bollix was really terribly done. Ezequel and Carol were surrounded by about 10 at one point and they killed the lot of them. And then they dissapeared in a cloud of smoke, ohhhhh

Ff they had of had anyone else other than Coral beside Rick you might have been anxious Negan was going to kill them. They shouldve killed Rosita, she's terrible these days. As is Michonne

enemies/friends

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Dick Jones

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:17 pm

What a list. Short, and pathetic.

Eucrid

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 pm

enemies/friends wrote:This may be the worst list ever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39489377
:lol: Thats great. Best Us Drama didn't even have Sopranos as a runner up. Fuck off Radio Times readers.