Switch to full style
The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Post a reply

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 am

stateofyouboy wrote:wouldnt it be great if everything was just on netflix


Sooner or later I think storage, bandwidth and rights issues will all align to prompt studios to just stream their entire archives from A to Z.

Why would you leave Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie to gather dust in a vault somewhere when it could be out there for everyone to enjoy.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:Anyone watching Big Little Lies?

Threw it on on Sunday afternoon for the gf, didn't think it would be my cup of tea but we've watched all 4 eps. I'm intrigued by it, the cast is great as well


Yeah I've been enjoying it. An episode behind too though. After months of nothing but CW super hero shit suddenly theres a load of good stuff on and I'm struggling to keep up with it.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Dick Jones wrote:
stateofyouboy wrote:wouldnt it be great if everything was just on netflix


Sooner or later I think storage, bandwidth and rights issues will all align to prompt studios to just stream their entire archives from A to Z.

Why would you leave Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie to gather dust in a vault somewhere when it could be out there for everyone to enjoy.


having a CDN on the scale Netflix does is a massive undertaking, its not just the rights issues. As long as the studios can tender for bids to providers with an existing infrastructure it'll keep being split up

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 pm

In April, there'll be Fargo, Leftovers, Veep, Silicon Valley, better call Saul, archer and fingers crossed Rick and Morty

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Rob wrote:In April, there'll be Fargo, Leftovers, Veep, Silicon Valley, better call Saul, archer and fingers crossed Rick and Morty


Nice. Rick and Morty is something else.

Can't say i was toverly taken with it at the start, but there's an episode about half way through that first season, and its just fucking class. He buries him alternate timeline self in the back yard, and spends the rest of the episode PTSD'd out of it, while Mazzy Star is playing in the background.

Completely sucked in after that.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 pm

yes!

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Review is back this week.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:45 pm

http://exstreamist.com/82-of-kids-in-ne ... cials-are/

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 pm

im addicted to lock up on netflix.. its so so good. theyre all nutcases

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Phierstarter wrote:http://exstreamist.com/82-of-kids-in-netflix-only-homes-have-no-idea-what-commercials-are/


They usually watch youtube as well though and it has plenty of ads.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:22 pm

the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:28 pm

mooch wrote:the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched


Yeah but I don't think you are supposed to be surprised he died, more how he died.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Eucrid wrote:Review is back this week.

Deadly. Woulda went over my head for a few weeks

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Eucrid wrote:
mooch wrote:the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched


Yeah but I don't think you are supposed to be surprised he died, more how he died.
.

i know but it was just one cliche after another. it was like a parody

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:36 pm

mooch wrote:
Eucrid wrote:
mooch wrote:the walking dead

that was probably the most obvious build up to a characters death since the last war film i watched


Yeah but I don't think you are supposed to be surprised he died, more how he died.
.

i know but it was just one cliche after another. it was like a parody


I thought the Richard death was good, didn't matter that we knew it was coming. The Ben death was shit though, "oh you gotta girl now"... dead.

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Legion renewed :thumbs:

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am

phpBB [video]

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

I love Silicon Valley, but that teaser doesn't exactly inspire confidence

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am

Had 5 episodes of Walking Dead to catch up on and marathoned them at the weekend. I think i deserve a prize.

Best thing about the PS3, watching shite like that in 1.5x speed

Re: TV Show Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

3 parts into OJ made in america. it's brilliant

it's wierd though because you have the real people from 20 years ago, then how they are now, and i'm mixing some with the characters that played them in the people vs oj

too much juice maybe
Post a reply