TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:15 pm

The Walking Dead
this Negan stuff is terrible. Just get past it already.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 am

Anyone have an Android Tv?

I got one a few months ago off a website that came preloaded with Kodi etc. Was underwhelmed with Kodi as it seemed really slow so only used it sparingly. But at the weekend I wiped it and reinstalled it without all the preloaded addons in Kodi. Just readded Covenant and did a bit of setting up on some other sites to get extra sources in HD into it. The difference is unreal. Takes around 30 seconds to load a show now, and even that is only to allow choosing a source. Once the source is picked it takes a few seconds to load the episode. Using trakt.tv to manage my shows so I dont even have to search in Covenant for stuff

i_ate_cats

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am

Must give that a go.

I have a raspberry pi running retropie at the moment

Think it should be easy to run Kodi on it.

I've kind of gotten out of the habit of live TV, only time I miss it is for GBBO.

fatguy2k1

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am

Eucrid wrote:
The Walking Dead
No chance, it's going to be a season of Rick's groups vs The Saviors. at the very least up to the mid season break.

Why the hell didn't rick finish off Negan when he had the chance. the saviors would crumble without him. stupid stupid. don't care about future Rick at all. i'm calling it as a fever dream/coma and it's not coming to pass.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 am

i_ate_cats wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am
Must give that a go.

I have a raspberry pi running retropie at the moment

Think it should be easy to run Kodi on it.

I've kind of gotten out of the habit of live TV, only time I miss it is for GBBO.
You can view shows by Network - so you could just go into Channel 4 and it should be there in Covenant

Eucrid

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:15 am

fatguy2k1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am
Eucrid wrote:
The Walking Dead
No chance, it's going to be a season of Rick's groups vs The Saviors. at the very least up to the mid season break.

Why the hell didn't rick finish off Negan when he had the chance. the saviors would crumble without him. stupid stupid. don't care about future Rick at all. i'm calling it as a fever dream/coma and it's not coming to pass.
The grey hair and beard thing is definitely a dream because it keeps cutting to him with red eyes from crying. So someone in his perfect little vision of the future is dead. Most likely Michonne but possibly one of his kids.

The whole scene where they let Negan stand there talking at them drove me mad. Just shoot him. Then when they do shoot he avoids the bullets like Arnie in Commando. So stupid. And why didn't the priest just shoot him at the end, that would have been so easy. Its become too contrived to keep this war ongoing.

Eucrid

Fred__Elliott wrote:

I got one a few months ago off a website that came preloaded with Kodi etc. Was underwhelmed with Kodi as it seemed really slow so only used it sparingly. But at the weekend I wiped it and reinstalled it without all the preloaded addons in Kodi. Just readded Covenant and did a bit of setting up on some other sites to get extra sources in HD into it. The difference is unreal. Takes around 30 seconds to load a show now, and even that is only to allow choosing a source. Once the source is picked it takes a few seconds to load the episode. Using trakt.tv to manage my shows so I dont even have to search in Covenant for stuff
Do you stream football on that?

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am

Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:

yeah I had Acestream engine on it before, the quality was unreal but it was a bitch trying to find links with english commentary, so now I just keep using the site I pay €3 a month for and watch on MXPlayer. It's grand in HD as I have it connected via lan cable to my router

mooch

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:37 pm

jesus guys it's like you're speaking a different language.

enemies/friends

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 pm

I have an Android TV but didn't even think to try doing all that kind of malarky on it

LordPercy

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Same as that. Tried to set kodi up on the laptop before and couldn't figure it out at all. Must take a look at it again.

Eucrid

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:

yeah I had Acestream engine on it before, the quality was unreal but it was a bitch trying to find links with english commentary, so now I just keep using the site I pay €3 a month for and watch on MXPlayer. It's grand in HD as I have it connected via lan cable to my router
Lan cable isn't an option for me. Router is 2 rooms and a hall away from the TV. It really isn't ideal.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Eucrid wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:16 pm
Fred__Elliott wrote:
Eucrid wrote:

Lan cable isn't an option for me. Router is 2 rooms and a hall away from the TV. It really isn't ideal.
use your electricity cabling. you can get connections that you plug in to a wall socket and then stick a LAN cable into it. My da got one for my sister and it works great for her. Did you get your house rewired since you bought it?

Fred__Elliott

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm

if anyone wants links and shit to install the addons just ask and I'll post it up here. It's really just downloading some zip files with the repository and then another zip file with the addon. it's simple enough, no more than a 5 minute job.

I can post the additional accounts you'll need to get to see more sources etc, some irish lad had a guide up on youtube which is what I followed

Phierstarter

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Started Mindhunter, looks alright.

Eucrid

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:34 pm
use your electricity cabling. you can get connections that you plug in to a wall socket and then stick a LAN cable into it. My da got one for my sister and it works great for her. Did you get your house rewired since you bought it?
Yeah I got the whole place rewired when I bought it. I must look into that.

Phierstarter wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:42 pm
Started Mindhunter, looks alright.
I'm about half way through and loving it.

enemies/friends

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:20 am

I watched Jack Whitehall "Travels with my Father" on the Netflix the last few nights. 6 episodes, 25-30 minutes each, travelling round Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam hence the interest in it.

I don't actually really like Whitehall's standup or sitcoms, but actually enjoyed this. His dad is very funny. Good dynamic between them and they go to some interesting places. Fair chunks of the show are obviously set pieces for comedic effect (Top Gear style) but I found it a fairly easy enjoyable watch and good way to see a bit more about places I'm going to visit soon.

LordPercy

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm
if anyone wants links and shit to install the addons just ask and I'll post it up here. It's really just downloading some zip files with the repository and then another zip file with the addon. it's simple enough, no more than a 5 minute job.

I can post the additional accounts you'll need to get to see more sources etc, some irish lad had a guide up on youtube which is what I followed
Sure post them up anyway. Had a quick look last night but the few vidoes I found all started with the Jodi app being a valuable in the app store which it doesn't seem to be anymore

i_ate_cats

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 pm

GBBO
Found my interest waning this week, not really rooting for any of the remaining candidates.
I don't want Steven to win. He wasn't all that shit hot this week anyway.
Stacey's work looks ugly as sin.
Sophie must know she's out of her league. Would be funny if she suddenly pulled it out of the bag.

Eucrid

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm surprised how many of you are into Bake Off.