TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Rob
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Just read Oona Chaplin (Robb Starks wife, and Tom Hardys half sister in Taboo) is Charlie Chaplins granddaughter

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3430
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Four-part animated series Castlevania announced by Netflix. Not for children. That's interesting.

User avatar
bartleby
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Blisstonia

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Ive read some of Warren Ellis', the guy writing Castelvania, books and comics and they are brilliant. Really excited for it

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2237
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:32 pm

flying through Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix

i LOVE it.... i'm in stitches watching it

then again, you'd probably have to like Olyphant & Barrymore. i love seeing justified doing comedy, he's great at it.

User avatar
Phierstarter
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Eucrid wrote:Brilliant Always Sunny this week.
Yup. Solid series.
Image

User avatar
i_ate_cats
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:23 am

Finished all of Halt and Catch Fire, last season was the weakest IMO, second was most enjoyable. Good show.

Watched two eps of Santa Clarita Diet, not overly enamoured with the humour.

Been meaning to look at Attack on Titan for a while now, few friends had recommended it, once I get past the insane subtitled theme tune it's a pretty good story. I could see myself binge watching it on a duvet day, which might be on the horizon if this cold takes grip.


User avatar
bartleby
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Blisstonia

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:20 pm

i_ate_cats wrote: Been meaning to look at Attack on Titan for a while now, few friends had recommended it, once I get past the insane subtitled theme tune it's a pretty good story. I could see myself binge watching it on a duvet day, which might be on the horizon if this cold takes grip.
Its very slow moving. Very!! But its really good. Completely nuts. Think the second series starts in April

User avatar
fatguy2k1
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Post Kül

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:59 am

The Walking Dead was back last night and it was more of the walking dead :lol: I want to give up on it but due to there being nothing else on, on a monday night i keep up with it.
that bit with the cars on the highway was fucking class. right over kill :thumbs: . Still i hope they haven't spunked the budget on that scene like they did a few years back with the herd in the quarry and they we saw feck all zombies for the rest of the season.

I'm glad there is no Irish person in Rick's group. Can you imagine them going to the Kingdom "here you, you're no king, you're playing fucking dress up. fuck off out of that" :lol:

Lumbo
Posts: 1063
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:32 pm

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:21 am

mooch wrote:flying through Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix

i LOVE it.... i'm in stitches watching it

then again, you'd probably have to like Olyphant & Barrymore. i love seeing justified doing comedy, he's great at it.
Had to turn it off. Thought it was terrible. Maybe I didn't give it long enough.

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2237
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 am

i finished it the other night. i liked the humour in it.....it warmed up as it went along
disappointed with the finale though

god maybe it's just me?

User avatar
enemies/friends
Posts: 3168
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 am

Anyone subjected themselves to Training Day yet?

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2237
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 am

i cannot wait until Feud!
i love old hollywood scandal, i love whatever happened to baby jane and i love susan sarandon

Rob
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:18 am

Valentines episode of Bobs Burgers was sooo good

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4442
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:07 am

did anyone watch that toughest place to be last night? a dublin bus driver driving a bus in kathmandu, was gas
Image

User avatar
Eucrid
Posts: 5990
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 am

mooch wrote:i finished it the other night. i liked the humour in it.....it warmed up as it went along
disappointed with the finale though

god maybe it's just me?
I started watching it over the weekend. Flew through the first 8 episodes so far. I like it, its paced really well, flies along. The episode is always over before I expect which I consider a good sign.

User avatar
Phierstarter
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:07 pm

bartleby wrote:
i_ate_cats wrote: Been meaning to look at Attack on Titan for a while now, few friends had recommended it, once I get past the insane subtitled theme tune it's a pretty good story. I could see myself binge watching it on a duvet day, which might be on the horizon if this cold takes grip.
Its very slow moving. Very!! But its really good. Completely nuts. Think the second series starts in April
Started this a couple of days ago and i don't know how you could call it slow.
The action starts rapidly. Long would be a better description.
I see it as one big film. In that sense it seems well paced to me.
Image

User avatar
i_ate_cats
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:40 am

Legion
Have seen first three episodes and I've really enjoyed them. I was worried that the portrayal of mental illness would be hackneyed but it's quite original and well put together. Lots of attention to detail, great soundtrack, effects. Impressive stuff so far, hope it keeps it up.

Girls
The 'American Bitch' episode has been my favourite so far, best Hannah episode in a very long time. Good season so far.

User avatar
Phierstarter
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Don't ****** the internet!

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:53 am

Finished Attack on Titan last night, epic stuff. But i thought there was more :/
Image

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3430
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 am

Great to have Catastrophe back.

Post Reply