TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
I watched "Travelers" on Netflix over the last couple of weeks. It's not bad. Sci Fi thing about people from the future coming back and taking over the bodies/lives of people who are about to die to make changes to the past to save their future.

Bit silly but watchable.
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

the newest Always Sunny

Nothing special but Charlie's Brendan Dassey impersonation had me crying
User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

fatguy2k1 wrote:Riverdale - on netflix one episode per week job. amm, yeah first episode was pretty good. got a twin peaks lite vibe off it. middle america town with deep dark secrets. will fill a the oc/one tree hill/those type of shows void.
Archie's hair is a ridiculous colour.


Watched the first 2 of these myself. Its a total cheesefest. The women are nice though
User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:the newest Always Sunny

Nothing special but Charlie's Brendan Dassey impersonation had me crying

that and Frank like Robert Durst :lol:


That's 3 unique ideas with the musical ep, sitcom ep and this ep, 2/3 being a decent hit :thumbs:
Rob
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:the newest Always Sunny

Nothing special but Charlie's Brendan Dassey impersonation had me crying

I havent seen making a murderer so a lot of that episode went over my head. I knew from the intro that's what was being referenced but I assume there was a lot of it I didn't get.
User avatar
LordPercy
 
Posts: 2408
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

enemies/friends wrote:I watched "Travelers" on Netflix over the last couple of weeks. It's not bad. Sci Fi thing about people from the future coming back and taking over the bodies/lives of people who are about to die to make changes to the past to save their future.

Bit silly but watchable.


wait....is that not just quantum leap?
User avatar
mooch
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Rusty Shackleford wrote:
fatguy2k1 wrote:Riverdale - on netflix one episode per week job. amm, yeah first episode was pretty good. got a twin peaks lite vibe off it. middle america town with deep dark secrets. will fill a the oc/one tree hill/those type of shows void.
Archie's hair is a ridiculous colour.


Watched the first 2 of these myself. Its a total cheesefest. The women are nice though

very true. i like that it has a dark heart lurking underneath.
User avatar
fatguy2k1
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Post Kül

mooch wrote:
enemies/friends wrote:I watched "Travelers" on Netflix over the last couple of weeks. It's not bad. Sci Fi thing about people from the future coming back and taking over the bodies/lives of people who are about to die to make changes to the past to save their future.

Bit silly but watchable.


wait....is that not just quantum leap?
Not quite,
they take over the same body in the same time. Rather than jumping about different bodies and times. I maybe didn't make that quite clear!

It's not exactly the most cerebral show, but sometimes you need that
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

LordPercy wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:the newest Always Sunny

Nothing special but Charlie's Brendan Dassey impersonation had me crying

I havent seen making a murderer so a lot of that episode went over my head. I knew from the intro that's what was being referenced but I assume there was a lot of it I didn't get.


Yeah I got the Jinx stuff, not that it was really funny, but the MAM stuff was a little lost on me.
User avatar
Eucrid
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Ha Rosie O'Donnell wants to play Steve Bannon on SNL.

That would be gold.

tbh I've never been that gone on Alec Baldwin's Trump.
User avatar
Dick Jones
 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Baldwin is lucky because he doesn't have to do much.

Its a pity that at a time when SNL is doing some decent satire and is certainly getting a lot of hype from it that Weekend Update is easily the worst its been since I started watching
User avatar
Eucrid
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

The OA has a confirmed second series
User avatar
bartleby
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Blisstonia

I will be avoiding that
User avatar
maradara
 
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: where it's hot

*does interpretive dance of meh*
User avatar
mooch
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

I've been waiting since before Xmas for a few people to tell me that show is good before I touch it. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen

Racing through The Good Place at the moment. Very average. Just curious how the season ends based on people say they do something clever or interesting
Rob
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

New series of 24 is 24ing already.
User avatar
enemies/friends
 
Posts: 3059
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

bartleby wrote:The OA has a confirmed second series


as expected but nice one :thumbs:
User avatar
stateofyouboy
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Finished The Good Place. It's fine and all. Like I'll probably continue watching it, but like Last Man on Earth, I wouldn't be recommending it to anyone
Rob
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Don't suppose it would be possible for The OA to just remove all that movements nonsense from future episodes. They probably have to commit to that now... shame, I quite like the show bar that one very integral cringey flaw.

First episode of Legion went out last night, hope it's decent.
User avatar
i_ate_cats
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Brilliant Always Sunny this week.
User avatar
Eucrid
 
Posts: 5756
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Sexy Minx and 2 guests
cron