TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Silicon Valley

The whole lucking it out in the end shit grew thin in season 2. This season has been hilarious at times, but that was mainly involving Elrich, Jared and Jin Yang. With TJ Miller leaving, I dont see the dynamic of the show being the same to be honest.

Started Season 1 of Preacher last night, think I will like it
Fred__Elliott

Rob wrote:half hour episodes could be the difference between me watching it and not.

tbf, most of my shows have stopped for Summer, so waiting on GOT & Rick & Morty. Only have Preacher & John Oliver at the minute, and kinda putting off HoC and OITNB

New season of OITNB was quite good.
Eucrid

i'm 4 episodes in on new oitnb

is the whole series the night of the riot? :lol:
Zook

Zook wrote:i'm 4 episodes in on new oitnb

is the whole series the night of the riot? :lol:

Pretty much, it might be a couple of days
Eucrid

House of Cards s5 was poor. Last three episodes in particular were diabolical.

So many things happened but it all felt so inconsequential. Impossible to give a shit about any of it.
Dick Jones

New list for me to keep track of shows

Preacher - Sun June 25
Snowfall - Wed July 5
Tour de Pharmacy - Sat July 8 (HBO tv movie)
The Defiant Ones - Sun July 9
GOT - Sun July 16
Loaded - Mon July 17
Last Chance U - Fri July 21
Ozark - Fri July 21
Ballers - Sun July 23
Room 104 - July 28
Rick & Morty - Sun July 30
South Park - Wed Aug 23
Broad City - Wed Aug 23
You're the Worst - Wed Sep 6
The Deuce - Sun Sep 10
Better things - thurs Sep 14
The Good Place - Thurs Sep 28
Bobs Burgers - Sun Oct 1
Last Man on Earth - Sun Oct 1
Stranger things - Fri Oct 31
Rob

First episode of S2 Preacher is the most fun thing I've seen all year, bananas.
i_ate_cats

Rewatching You're the Worst. It's the best show!!

Itself and Lovesick are two shows that really surprised me
Rob

I'm rewatching Luther cos the wifes never seen it. I'd forgotten how good it actually is.
Eucrid

Luther passed me by on its airing. Must give a look.
i_ate_cats

I watched the first two episodes last year when we were looking for something to watch and gave up, the wiki description of the character sums it up

A dedicated police officer, Luther is obsessive, possessed, and sometimes violent. However, Luther has paid a heavy price for his dedication; he has never been able to prevent himself from being consumed by the darkness of the crimes with which he deals.

For Luther, the job always comes first. His dedication is a curse and a blessing, both for him and those close to him.

It's so cliched at this stage that that sounds more like the intro for a spoof.
LordPercy

phpBB [video]
i_ate_cats

Eucrid wrote:I'm rewatching Luther cos the wifes never seen it. I'd forgotten how good it actually is.

I rewatched last ep of season 3 and first ep of season 4 at the weekend coz I forgot what happened, never watched season 4.

It is very very good despite it being cliched. I used to think it was overly violent and trying to compete with American dramas too much but after whats happened in the UK in the last year it isnt really
Fred__Elliott

Dick Jones wrote:House of Cards s5 was poor. Last three episodes in particular were diabolical.

So many things happened but it all felt so inconsequential. Impossible to give a shit about any of it.

Jesus. Im 7 eps in and its awful so far, cant imagine it getting much worse. Its just gotten so ridiculous. Pure shite
bartleby

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Eucrid wrote:I'm rewatching Luther cos the wifes never seen it. I'd forgotten how good it actually is.

I rewatched last ep of season 3 and first ep of season 4 at the weekend coz I forgot what happened, never watched season 4.

It is very very good despite it being cliched. I used to think it was overly violent and trying to compete with American dramas too much but after whats happened in the UK in the last year it isnt really

I find the violence works. Some of the villians are a bit OTT but its a TV show not a documentary. The violence ratchets up the tension in a way I think works.

Yeah its a hard boiled, cop show and you can complain its cliched but what isn't? Its how you deal with these cliches that matters. Idris Elba is brilliant as Luther too. And TBH the way moral ambiguity of his actions comes back to haunt him isn't all that common on TV shows. There's a nuance in it, especially in the Luther character himself.
Eucrid

so disappointed that The Leftovers didn't get any emmy nominations
doesn't make sense to me
mooch

phpBB [video]

Rick & Morty trailer is a lot to take in
i_ate_cats

GOT
Ed Sheeran, ffs. That whole scene was cringey, Lanisters are people too. Reminded me of the henchman's wife scene in Austin Powers but more laboured, less funny and fucking Ed Sheeran's cheeky grin.
Opening scene aside, it was a fairly dull episode. Catchup with everyone, I thought Samwell's gawking noises were pretty convincing, that aside I really hope I don't have to watch him read books for the whole season.
i_ate_cats

GOT

Every Lannister soldier anyone met across all the seasons has been an absolute shit. Now suddenly they're all n-n-n-n-nineteen.

I enjoyed it though. Low-key start but great to have it back.
Dick Jones

GoT

The biggest surprise out of the Sheeran scene was the young guy out of This is England. Doesn't look like his career has ever taken off.
billysexcrime

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic