TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 pm

The Americans finale was brilliant.

enemies/friends

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 pm

I finally gave in and cancelled Netflix and Amazon and all I have left is Sky and Sky box sets. I realised I was watching one or two episodes of things then never going back. Too much choice.

Ive now been watching Occupied about Russia occupying Norway by stealth after Norway turnoff oil and gas to the EU. Its quite good.

Zook

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Terrarium tv is yer only man for watching stuff anyway

LordPercy

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Zook wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Terrarium tv is yer only man for watching stuff anyway
See this is the kind of thing I'm never going to know about when the forum finally goes tits up. Where do people find out about the likes of that.

Eucrid

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 am

enemies/friends wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 pm
I finally gave in and cancelled Netflix and Amazon and all I have left is Sky and Sky box sets. I realised I was watching one or two episodes of things then never going back. Too much choice.

Ive now been watching Occupied about Russia occupying Norway by stealth after Norway turnoff oil and gas to the EU. Its quite good.
I cancelled sky ages ago and got an IPTV service. Its not perfect but it has all Sky, BT, BEin Sports, US Sports, RTE, BBC, C4, international TV stations, loads of series and movies to stream, etc For €8-10 a month its grand. Can't be dealing with the price of Sky as I really only used it for sports.

snips

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Mad about what happened with Anthony Bourdain. First celeb death that I actually felt a genuine feeling of shock and heavy sadness about, so sad. I idolized the guy. So out of the blue.
He's the last person I'd expect to go out like that.

Poor daughter though, 11 years old like. Psychologically scarred for life no doubt.

Tragic all round.

Dick Jones

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 am

Yeah it's a hard one. It's so cruel when suicide and depression takes anyone, but especially when it's such a unique person, universally admired, really down to eart; the quintessential bon vivant.

Watched the Dublin episode last night, he was scoffing taco fries and batter burgers in Roma II on Wexford St after a load of pints - with a load of gas cunts he met in Hogans. The real deal.