TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
enemies/friends

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

BoB is probably the greatest TV show ever made in my opinion. It's almost perfect in so many ways.

I think The Pacific is possibly due a reappraisal. Not knowing it was going to be so unlike BoB probably actually made it an impossible position. Watching it without comparisons to BoB I think it could stand up alright

LordPercy

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Yeah love BOB and I think the Pacific stands up to, though I liked it first time round. Rewatched them both a few years ago and BOB hasn't lost its power.

Fred__Elliott

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Finished (what is hopefully) Season 1 of Dark over the weekend. Really enjoyed it, probably more so than any other new series I've watched in the last year or two. There's nothing groundbreaking in the concepts it covers, I just enjoyed the atmosphere and the way it was delivered.

Dick Jones

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:59 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

I think The Pacific is possibly due a reappraisal. Not knowing it was going to be so unlike BoB probably actually made it an impossible position. Watching it without comparisons to BoB I think it could stand up alright
I'd say the difference in tone is in line with historical accuracy. Morale among the allies in Europe was high in WW2, hence all the mucking about and humour in the series.

In the war in the pacific though, it was probably much much harder, the heat, the disease, they didn't have as clear an objective as the soldiers in France did. So the lack of humour in The Pacific was probably in line with what the fight was like over there.