TV Show Discussion Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Fri May 23, 2014 10:31 am

I think i'll leave them and watch it all on holiday in that case

watching netflix by the pool has become the new reading by the pool

User avatar
dazzler
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:14 am
Location: ¯\(°_o)/¯

Fri May 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Netflix has revolutionised the waiting for a flight experience

I watched all of the National Lampoons movies back to back in December waiting overnight for a flight in Seattle

User avatar
maradara
Posts: 3265
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: where it's hot

Fri May 23, 2014 4:30 pm

been watching suits for 12 hours

User avatar
dwayne
Posts: 3082
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:57 pm
Contact:

Fri May 23, 2014 4:40 pm

People in North Dakota really DO sound ridiculous though, guys

Rob
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Fri May 23, 2014 4:51 pm

why did i think Fargo was in Minnesota all this time?

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Fri May 23, 2014 5:01 pm

The Coens described McDormand's character in the film as "Minnesota nice" which is very misleading.
Edit: Although. Brainerd, Duluth and Bemidji are where most of the characters are from across the film and series, which are all in Minnesota, so I guess that's where the confusion is.

User avatar
Eucrid
Posts: 6197
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Alpha Centauri

Fri May 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Alphas on Netflix now. It's well worth a watch.

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Mon May 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Really enjoyed Mad Men, but
That ending! What the fuck :lol:

User avatar
enemies/friends
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Mon May 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Really enjoyed Mad Men, but
That ending! What the fuck :lol:
that pretty much sums it up for me too :lol:

User avatar
eventSecurity
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Mon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:Really enjoyed Mad Men, but
That ending! What the fuck :lol:
that pretty much sums it up for me too :lol:
Yeah, i read that
it was a nod to robert norse (bert) and his musical and dancing career. Little bit mad all the same
Image

ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue May 27, 2014 9:10 am

Gatsby wrote:
BadTurtle wrote:Fargo
Top episode. The sequence in the snowstorm was great, even if the part with Molly getting shot was lifted straight out of Insomnia. No way she's dead, but it was an unexpected move nonetheless.
Shame to see Goldberg go so soon, would've preferred the other bloke to die, but I spose he wouldn't have been able to tell Malvo who sent them.
The fish was a bit wtf but I'm sure they'll come up with some explanation.
Fargo
Yeah that episode really was great. Loved the shootout in the snow. Felt sorry for Don getting shot in the end (perhaps cos it was so dragged out), but he was strangely likeable as that character, not sure if that was intentional. Molly has to be dead, the way Gus was going on about indirectly hurting his daughter it makes sense for him to kill her (or maybe im just willing her to be dead now!).
The fish falling from the sky will be a good explanation i hope. I'd no idea wtf was going on there.
Lester's character and his will for self preservation now has gotten quite fucking evil. That creepy grin at the end was great.

Has already become one of my favourite tv watches, can't wait for next week now.
I dunno, for me it was a lil too silly and OTT and unrealistic, but yeah I enjoyed alot of it too.

User avatar
blitzen
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:34 pm
Location: You're so cool Brewster!

Tue May 27, 2014 11:18 am

Watched the 1st episode of Penny Dreadful. It's ok, bit eerie though.
Will report back further when I've watched ep 2 & 3.

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm

ishouldcoco wrote:
Gatsby wrote:
BadTurtle wrote:Fargo
Top episode. The sequence in the snowstorm was great, even if the part with Molly getting shot was lifted straight out of Insomnia. No way she's dead, but it was an unexpected move nonetheless.
Shame to see Goldberg go so soon, would've preferred the other bloke to die, but I spose he wouldn't have been able to tell Malvo who sent them.
The fish was a bit wtf but I'm sure they'll come up with some explanation.
Fargo
Yeah that episode really was great. Loved the shootout in the snow. Felt sorry for Don getting shot in the end (perhaps cos it was so dragged out), but he was strangely likeable as that character, not sure if that was intentional. Molly has to be dead, the way Gus was going on about indirectly hurting his daughter it makes sense for him to kill her (or maybe im just willing her to be dead now!).
The fish falling from the sky will be a good explanation i hope. I'd no idea wtf was going on there.
Lester's character and his will for self preservation now has gotten quite fucking evil. That creepy grin at the end was great.

Has already become one of my favourite tv watches, can't wait for next week now.
I dunno, for me it was a lil too silly and OTT and unrealistic, but yeah I enjoyed alot of it too.
I'd say its about the same silliness as Breaking Bad. Maybe just a touch more so in places (obviously a few instances last week) but not worlds apart at all.

ishouldcoco
Posts: 2282
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am

Tue May 27, 2014 1:18 pm

In what way turtle? I'm talking bout simple things like
the suspect in a murder case being left in a room with another patient and escaping ridiculously easy, and yer man getting pummeled by a million shots at the end(but yeah it is America!)

User avatar
Casino
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Getting shaded under a money tree

Tue May 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Started watching Deadwood the other day, I'm about 7 episodes in. Good show! I'm guessing/hoping all the various characters and little plot threads are building to something by the end of the season.

Episode 4
Was sickened to see Hickock killed, he was brilliant! Had some great scenes, particularly in the episode in which he got shot. I don't know any of the ins and outs of the history of the time so was shocked to see him go.

I don't want to go checking any wiki pages but was Seth Bullock a real person? I know Swearengen and obviously Calamity Jane were. Anyone else?
Get the eggs, get the flan in the face, the flan in the face, flan in the face, dance you fucker, dance you fucker, don't you dare, don't you dare, don't you, flan in the face

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Tue May 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Very few of the characters in Deadwood are fictional, i think

User avatar
Casino
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Getting shaded under a money tree

Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Cool!

I've managed to avoid absolutely any historical spoilers for Boardwalk as well, thank god

I don't even know much about Al Capone
Get the eggs, get the flan in the face, the flan in the face, flan in the face, dance you fucker, dance you fucker, don't you dare, don't you dare, don't you, flan in the face

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue May 27, 2014 2:56 pm

ishouldcoco wrote:In what way turtle? I'm talking bout simple things like
the suspect in a murder case being left in a room with another patient and escaping ridiculously easy, and yer man getting pummeled by a million shots at the end(but yeah it is America!)
Well the obvious BB one is
Gus and his half face. Also stuff like Walt's remote control machine gun in the boot of his car, Hank not twitting Walt is Heisenberg or even suspecting him. That kind of stuff you just have to suspend disbelief. Lesters escape was probably too much of a stretch alright, but for the purposes of plot I'll let it go, especially in an episode I enjoyed so much.

User avatar
BadTurtle
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm about 4 episodes into season 3 of Deadwood now. Swearengen is one of the best characters in any TV show, constantly cracks me up.

User avatar
Rusty Shackleford
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Tue May 27, 2014 3:08 pm

His interactions with Woo are the best

Post Reply