Anyone stay in Eco campsite / Charlie Chaplin

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
ptl

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Howya lads and lassies. About my 9th or 10th year last year. We started out when 25 and Red campsite jimi hendrix was the place to be! However 3 years ago we realised were too old for that campsite and we nicknamed it the favelas. Lads lumping 2 litre bottles at each others tents and the likes. Then seen the janis joplin 3 years ago where the second field only had about 6 tents in it. So moved to it 2 years ago and it was much busier but still nice. This year went janis again and it was nice and less busy than 2 years ago but still had a bit of dance music blaring. Also got my wallet emptied while i was asleep on the Friday night. Between 3am and 7am someone opened my tent, came in and went through my jeans. Thankfully didn't get my phone. In general the people in joplin are lovely, with the few idiots messing with lynx and a lighter while in their tent (no word of a lie, darwin award)

So 2018 I'm thinking of trying either eco or charlie chaplin but forgot to check them out during the festival. I know the pink moon is meant to be lovely but I already have the tent and lots of tent bringing friends who camp together so wouldn't really be an option. So has anyone stayed in either of those and if so what did you think, how was your neighbors.

Zook

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:55 pm

I've heard people saying the eco one is much better/more mature crowd

ptl

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm just afraid its a bit TOO mature :) Don't want it to be too sterile of a buzz, heard the pink moon is pretty sterile, no one sitting outside their tents during the day having a few cans and the chats etc. Was there people on the gates checking for eco wrist bands or what?

Eucrid

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:07 am

ptl wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:38 pm
heard the pink moon is pretty sterile, no one sitting outside their tents during the day having a few cans and the chats etc.

I was on Pink Moon and while it was very chilled almost every tent near us had people outside chatting and drinking cans.