Route to red car park from the west

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
boardtc

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:46 am

Driving from the West, N80, I always get funnelled to the green car park. I'm in eco camping beside the red car park so want to park there.

Any advice please on a cross country route to take so I can get out the abbeyleix road and into the red car park.

Eucrid

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am

I've the opposite issue, want to camp in the green car park cos its nearer to pink moon. What way do you enter to get into the green car park?

If you come in off the main road from Dublin you'll definitely be funnelled to the red car park. And I think these days you get sent that way if you come through Carlow too.

Eucrid

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 am

Just looking at the map, it seems if you come through Stradbally you end up in the green but if you come through Abbeyleix you go to red.

boardtc

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:21 am

@Eucrid if you come from portlaoise and try to drive to stradbally you get funnelled to Green. So you got to drive to Portlaoise first I reckon. I have to figure out how to drive to Stradbally from Portlaoise without getting funnelled first! Any tips appreciated!

LordPercy

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 am

Eucrid wrote:
I've the opposite issue, want to camp in the green car park cos its nearer to pink moon. What way do you enter to get into the green car park?

If you come in off the main road from Dublin you'll definitely be funnelled to the red car park. And I think these days you get sent that way if you come through Carlow too.
Coming from wicklow you'll have to go cross country but if you head for vicarstown, the road from there brings you into stradbally viallage and from there I used to usually end up in green, I've had the camper the last few years though so can't vouch for if that's changed or not.

boardtc

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 am

@LordPercy, right, might try that so, coming W on N80 from portlaoise, mountmellick, emo, R422, across M7, don't turn left into Vicarstown, but take right in R427 for Stradbally...hopefully won't get funnelled on that route!

Eucrid

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:38 am

LordPercy wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 am
Eucrid wrote:

Coming from wicklow you'll have to go cross country but if you head for vicarstown, the road from there brings you into stradbally viallage and from there I used to usually end up in green, I've had the camper the last few years though so can't vouch for if that's changed or not.
Yeah we used to go across the Wicklow mountains and down through Carlow and get in to that green car park but then they changed it. Been going through Doublin the last few years and landing in red, which was fine for the normal camping but Pink Moon is the opposite side so hopefully back to green.

I'll try to find Vicarstown on a map later.

boardtc

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Argh, just re-read and realised that was to get to green which I get to already!

Still looking for route to take to get to red from Portlaoise so!!
boardtc wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 am
@LordPercy, right, might try that so, coming W on N80 from portlaoise, mountmellick, emo, R422, across M7, don't turn left into Vicarstown, but take right in R427 for Stradbally...hopefully won't get funnelled on that route!

boardtc

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:53 am

Any last minute route advice other than trying to convince the funnellers to let me drive to Stradbally!

LordPercy

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 am

Blow jobs will get you in most places