Arriving with kids Friday evening

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Stargirl77

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Hello
Travelling from far afield after work/ pick up kids and potentially won't reach stradbally until 8pm. Will this be a problem or issue? Will have to start putting tent up then :roll:

This is our first time going. Sorry to ask the bleeding obvious. Going with my mum (young 63 eek!) any advice travelling with varied age group ( kids are 12, 6 and 4) would be really appreciated.

12 year old will be 13 in October, so he still ok to be admitted???

Thanks so much in advance.

rusky

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi there,
Firstly, your 12 year old will be fine as it is age 12 and under . If you have to work keep in mind the traffic will be slow getting to Stradbally so pack snacks n drinks for the kids as you may be longer than you think. Ideally if you could take a half day and pick up the kids early this would make your life a lot easier. We take the kids off school on Friday and go home Sunday evening. Back to school Monday.

I have been 8 times with the kids and my husband and I would not put up a tent in the dark. In daylight it takes about 1-2 hours from emptying the car and putting up the tent. There is also a 20 min walk from your car through church grounds and across the main street in stradbally and you will have to make many trips with either tired or hyper kids.
You wont want to hear this but honestly ,I would probably arrive early Saturday when you can relax and take your time rather than late on Friday.
Bring plenty of snacks and drinks for the kids as there are no "shops" really except in the main street. You will need ear defenders for the kids as it can get very loud and some kids are more sensitive to noise than others.It also gets cold so hats and hoodies over jammies in bed. Bring a few throws and your own pillow for you and your mum. I bring my own quilt and that might suit your mum rather than a sleeping bag. Bring bowls, cereal and milk for kids breakfast too.

I hope this helps. I will gladly answer any other questions you have.

Fred__Elliott

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't think over 60s are allowed into the family campsite

Dick Jones

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Rusky

Eucrid

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:30 pm

phpBB [video]