GOT Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
i_ate_cats

Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:17 am

GOT
Ed Sheeran, ffs. That whole scene was cringey, Lanisters are people too. Reminded me of the henchman's wife scene in Austin Powers but more laboured, less funny and fucking Ed Sheeran's cheeky grin.
Opening scene aside, it was a fairly dull episode. Catchup with everyone, I thought Samwell's gawking noises were pretty convincing, that aside I really hope I don't have to watch him read books for the whole season.

Dick Jones

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:28 am

GOT
Every Lannister soldier anyone met across all the seasons has been an absolute shit. Now suddenly they're all n-n-n-n-nineteen.

I enjoyed it though. Low-key start but great to have it back.

billysexcrime

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:13 am

GoT
The biggest surprise out of the Sheeran scene was the young guy out of This is England. Doesn't look like his career has ever taken off.

Rob

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:20 am

billysexcrime wrote:GoT
The biggest surprise out of the Sheeran scene was the young guy out of This is England. Doesn't look like his career has ever taken off.
He's really been limited to Meadows stuff. He's still been great in the later TIE stuff. But was woejus there in GOT

Eucrid

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

That whole scene was appalling. Added nothing, just squeezed in for the sake of the cameo.

eventSecurity

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:39 pm

or to show arya isn't completely heartless. By the end I reckon we won't see her reunite with john/sansa. She'll stay solo

Good ep for me.

Setting up how there'll be trouble for sansa & John.
The hound, will he become the Prince who was promised?
We see where jorah is.
What will euron bring cersei?
Littlefingers dagger is obviously dragonglass so important.

Eucrid

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 pm

eventSecurity wrote:
or to show arya isn't completely heartless.
We knew that already. She's been a character on the show for a long time. Plus in the first scene she spares the girls.

eventSecurity

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 am

Eucrid wrote:
eventSecurity wrote:
or to show arya isn't completely heartless.
We knew that already. She's been a character on the show for a long time. Plus in the first scene she spares the girls.
I don't think she's slaughtered an entire house before. I didn't know she was on the show a long time though, thanks for that

Fred__Elliott

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 am

eventSecurity wrote:
or to show arya isn't completely heartless. By the end I reckon we won't see her reunite with john/sansa. She'll stay solo

Good ep for me.

Setting up how there'll be trouble for sansa & John.
The hound, will he become the Prince who was promised?
We see where jorah is.
What will euron bring cersei?
Littlefingers dagger is obviously dragonglass so important.
GoT
I reckon Arya will have to kill one of her siblings to save a bunch of people. Maybe Bran after if he is corrupted by the nights king,something like that. It wont be a happy ending for any of the main characters I think. Everyone will be devastated by war, Cersei against Daenarys, Jon against the nights king. Dont think we will see everyone together either

Dick Jones

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:29 am

GoT
Would be very disappointed if Arya and Sansa weren't reunited. Not as in "ugh that's so stupid", I mean disappointed for the characters. Like they were both there when Ned died, they were almost back together at the Eyrie until the Hound decided to do a runner.

With Bran (presumably) about to rejoin the family, you're just rooting for them all to be back together after all their adventures.

Except for Rickon of course, the no-zig-zaggin little bollox.

My current prediction is Jon will sacrifice himself in the war, Sansa will rule the north.

Or maybe Dani will turn into a dragon (as Viserys believed he would back in S1); Jon will rule the south and Sansa will rule the north.
Last edited by Dick Jones on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

eventSecurity

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 pm

GOT thoughts
this is a general fan theory really but I really hope it's revealed Tyrion is a targaryen and him, Jon & Dany ride the Dragon battle the white walkers

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 am

Got
yeah theres been quite a few tidbits over the books that have gotten people into a bit of a frenzy about that, the colour of his eyes, that they were in Kings Landing when he was conceived and the mad king may have raped his mother to punish his father (they left kings landing and he was fired as hand shortly after), and Aerys got a bit hands on when they got married

Plus the TV show itself hinted at something, whne he was in the chamber with the dragons and calmed them down.

Personally dont think it will happen but you never know.

Theres another theory that theres an ice dragon under winterfell
Last edited by Fred__Elliott on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 am

An ice dragon :lol: That would be so shit.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Eucrid wrote:An ice dragon :lol: That would be so shit.
Well it'd be dead dragon that yer man raised up I think. Not a dragon breathing ice, I imagine.

Anyway, yeah I think it would be crap

I left all fan forums and subreddits last year anyway, too much fan theory and speculation whilst waiting for the next book. And I read about the battle of the bastards about a year before it happened (as a theory) but whoever put it up was obviously a fucking extra or something because he described in detail the whole episode. I realised a few mins in that I'd read it and it ruined it for me, so I have no clue whats going to happen this season, which will be new in a GoT season for me

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 pm

I just hope they get things moving now. I know some people like the little moments with the Hound, Arya, etc but the shows has worn away any amount of caring about these characters I had so I just want plot progression now.

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

I agree, especially with such a time constraint left.

I thought they were building towards the big Clegane fight which is the hound fighting the mountain by bringin him back (which is one of the first visions that Bran has in the first book, a guy with the hounds armour fighting a huge dead guy in the mountains armour), but they've obviously gone north so that doesnt look like happening. Anyone that gets screen time from here on in needs to be fucking pivotal to the ending. No more introducing people just to get killed off in a surprise twist

Dick Jones

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Unless Ed Sheeran gets his guts splashed all over his own face. That's worth an aside.

Eucrid

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 pm

He'd still be grinning like he won a competition to be on the show.

eventSecurity

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Could happen imo. One of danys dragons either has to die or turn. Sure otherwise how could she lose?

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 pm

eventSecurity wrote:
Could happen imo. One of danys dragons either has to die or turn. Sure otherwise how could she lose?
dragons can be killed, plus its only the Wights that are weak to fire, the White Walkers are impervious to it (remember yer man walking through it at Hardhome, before Jon killed him.

There's some non GoT books that are part of the history of the world, and one of them details how the last dragons (before Dany's) died out