GOT Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Eucrid

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 am

When have Sansa and Arya ever not been thick? Arya can fight and steal faces but shes never been a genius manipulator. Every move Sansa has ever made has gotten her into trouble. Not hard to believe Little Finger, who has played everyone at one point or another, can get the better of them.

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 am

BadTurtle wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 am
It's the weakest plot line this season, no question - even with the suicide mission for the sake of it - and makes almost no sense from any angle. Arya and Sansa should be sharp enough to see they're being played, but equally Littlefinger should be smart enough to know that this is a stupid plan that could easily get him killed. For someone that has instigated the entire series of events of the show to resort to "hopefully Brienne stabs Arya before she kills everyone else" is some drop in standards. I'd be fierce disappointed if there's not a lot more to all this.
I think Sansa is because she knows Littlefinger more than her sister. If she wasn't sharp enough to twig, then what was the point of all those knowing 'Littlefinger doesn't do anything unless it benefits him' style lines then. I'm absolutely positive she sent Brienne away for a good reason - why else would she sent her protector away when Arya is currently acting like a fucking sociopath?

I'm also hoping that Sansa is the one to kill Littlefinger or get him killed because it would be quite fitting

I have no time for Arya's little crusade anymore unless it actually benefits the greater cause

As for Bran - Bran can get fucked for all the use he is right now

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Episode 6 -
I thought it was good but I wish we had more time with the men or a bit more fighting. It was a bit anti-climatic to get themselves marooned and have to call for help.

Speaking of - Jon, as brave as he is, ALWAYS needs rescued somehow be it his uncle or Dany or his sister. For every good decision he makes, the rest of his decisions get him in awful shitstorms.

Bit sad at the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Uncle Benjen appearance and death

Also, I'm really, really struggling to see why Dany is worth following. I mean, I get the slow progress towards mutual respect and trust between her and Jon and that she's willing to step in and help in times of need but ... yeah ... she's still power mad as fuck and Jon hasn't actually seen her do anything beyond ruthlessly scrap towards getting her throne back. Unless, the act of her accepting the White Walker threat as more important than the throne is what swayed him?

I'm in the minority here but I'm sort of glad a dragon got killed. It was upsetting to watch but it (sort of) evens up the playing field. The battle would be over in seconds if Dany just waltzes in with her dragons

Also - WHY DIDN'T SHE AIM FOR THE FUCKING NIGHT KING AFTER SHE KILLED THE CROWD ABOUT TO KILL THE MEN INSTEAD OF FAFFING ABOUT?

I'm a *wee* bit disappointed that this 'Dragon has three heads' theory seems to boil down to Dany, Jon and the Night King. If the 'Song of Ice & Fire' is quite literally just Targaryens (sp) on Fire Dragons vs the Night King on an Ice Dragon I'll be a bit gutted. I was hoping the theory that Tyrion is also a Targaryen was true and all three would ride the dragons
Last edited by Lola on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enemies/friends

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:38 am

Could Jon, having been dead, ride the zombie dragon?

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm

This from Arya made no sense to me. Sansa was clearly upset ... unless ... it's part of a trap to lure Littlefinger in?

Fred__Elliott

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:30 pm

enemies/friends wrote:
Jon, as with all the other Stark children, is a warg. He's not as strong as Bran, and we will find out more in the books because the show didnt cover it at all, but after he was killed in the book most people reckon he warged into Ghost. Many times in the books he was in Ghost's mind, but he didnt realise it and thought he was dreaming. Arya had the same.

So he could warg into it rather than ride it I think.

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Fred__Elliott wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:30 pm
enemies/friends wrote:
Jon, as with all the other Stark children, is a warg. He's not as strong as Bran, and we will find out more in the books because the show didnt cover it at all, but after he was killed in the book most people reckon he warged into Ghost. Many times in the books he was in Ghost's mind, but he didnt realise it and thought he was dreaming. Arya had the same.

So he could warg into it rather than ride it I think.
OOOOoooooOOOo I didn't know that!

We've barely seen Ghost this series actually

Dick Jones

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Didn't Ghost die in the battle of the bastards?

Eucrid

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Read that they had some scenes with ghost cut because their FX budget is being used up by the dragons.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:06 pm

yeah have a vague recollection of hearing similar.
also who the fuck was dying last night when the bear attacked or got pulled into the water? I thought I seen the hound and dondarrion die a few times! was there random lads with them as well?

I also though the scene where hte bear attacked and Thoros and Dondarrion whipped out the flaming swords looked cool in the blizzard

mooch

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm

there were a few surplus humans with them that could be sacrificed

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Y'know I bet a flaming sword would have come in handy when they were all freezing on that rock

Lola

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Dick Jones wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm
Didn't Ghost die in the battle of the bastards?
Nope. He's floating around Winterfell waiting for Jon

eventSecurity

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Why didn't they bring any fucking dragonglass with them??

mooch

Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:31 pm

i know! i was saying that too

billysexcrime

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm

They did
Sure Jorah killed the bear with a dragon glass dagger.

Rob

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 am

Think I've come across two mild spoilers already this morning, thanks to The Onion and Clickhole on Instagram 😐

maradara

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm

yeah same. had to watch tonight before social media ruined it for me

Fred__Elliott

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Lola wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:40 am
BadTurtle wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:44 am
It's the weakest plot line this season, no question - even with the suicide mission for the sake of it - and makes almost no sense from any angle. Arya and Sansa should be sharp enough to see they're being played, but equally Littlefinger should be smart enough to know that this is a stupid plan that could easily get him killed. For someone that has instigated the entire series of events of the show to resort to "hopefully Brienne stabs Arya before she kills everyone else" is some drop in standards. I'd be fierce disappointed if there's not a lot more to all this.
I think Sansa is because she knows Littlefinger more than her sister. If she wasn't sharp enough to twig, then what was the point of all those knowing 'Littlefinger doesn't do anything unless it benefits him' style lines then. I'm absolutely positive she sent Brienne away for a good reason - why else would she sent her protector away when Arya is currently acting like a fucking sociopath?

I'm also hoping that Sansa is the one to kill Littlefinger or get him killed because it would be quite fitting

I have no time for Arya's little crusade anymore unless it actually benefits the greater cause

As for Bran - Bran can get fucked for all the use he is right now
haha interesting post to read when I first clicked into the thread! eejits!

I thought the episode was paced nicely after the hecticness of last week. I thought Littlefinger's look at Sansa was the best part. Completely took me by surprise.

next season should be fun anyway

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 pm

You only read half my post clearly, ya dope.
I was saying Littlefinger should be smart enough to realise its a shit plan, while Arya and Sansa should be smart enough to see through it. They made Littlefinger into a moron this season, especially after all his machinations to start the plot - which they explicitly referenced, only underlining it further. Very poor plot.

Thought the parts with Cersei were good, Tyrion had his moments, but it was a weak finale overall. Even the wall coming down felt rushed somehow, as did the flashbacks to Rhaegar and Luanna, and Jon and Daenarys getting together. More or less the opposite of the last season finale, where everything was perfectly measured.