GOT Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
fatguy2k1

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 pm

You bold people watching a leaked episode.

This is me - http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/0 ... available/

Dick Jones

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 am

Yeah, another banger of an episode. Arya and Brienne's mess scrap felt a bit fillery, but you don't mind because it was so well choreographed. Then out of nowhere, blam, absolute carnage.

Looks like Dany has evened the score after getting her ass kicked twice last week. The gold that Jaime and the lads were delivering was to go straight to the iron bank; Since that's not forthcoming, Mycroft and the lads will probably switch sides now. He said as much to Cersei.
Last edited by Dick Jones on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

mooch

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:43 am

mycroft! :lol:
i always call him that in my head too

Eucrid

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:56 am

Dick Jones wrote:Yeah, another banger of an episode. Arya and Brienne's mess scrap felt a bit fillery, but you don't mind because it was so well choreographed. Then out of nowhere, blam, absolute carnage.

Looks like Dany has evened the score now. The gold that Jaime and the lads were delivering was to go straight to the iron bank; Since that's not forthcoming, Mycroft and the lads will probably switch sides now. He said as much to Cersei.
I thought they said before teh attack that all the gold had been delivered. Thought it was food and stuff that was destroyed.

Gatiss is a terrible actor.

Dick Jones

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 am

Eucrid wrote:
I thought they said before teh attack that all the gold had been delivered. Thought it was food and stuff that was destroyed.

Gatiss is a terrible actor.
Really. I thought that was the significance of the shot near the end where Jaime looked at the horses running wild with the burning carriage behind them. He was thinking, fuck, there goes the gold.

Although losing the grain is as bad a blow isn't it.

I think he's good, a real slime ball who openly tells everyone that he has no interest in loyalty, and around whom even Cersei has to watch what she says. Not unlike Mycroft really.

mooch

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

i think it was supplies & the gold.
cersei told mycroft that it was on its way to the iron bank & they should have it by whenever

billysexcrime

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 am

Just before the attack Tarly tells Jamie that all the gold is through the gates of KL.

Eucrid

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 am

billysexcrime wrote:Just before the attack Tarly tells Jamie that all the gold is through the gates of KL.
Exactly. And there was last weeks bit about it taking longer to get grain from farmers etc

Fred__Elliott

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 am

Eucrid wrote:
billysexcrime wrote:Just before the attack Tarly tells Jamie that all the gold is through the gates of KL.
Exactly. And there was last weeks bit about it taking longer to get grain from farmers etc
yeah I think it was just the last of the supplies and other army stuff. They were told to get it across the river by nightfall

The tension around that scene was unbelievable, from the moment that Bronn noticed the sound of the Dothraki, to the Dothraki shouting, to Daenarys flying over the horse of the Dothraki. It was fucking brilliant. I was genuinely unsure if Jaimie or Bronn or the Dragon was going to make it out alive. I got a feeling of dread in my stomach when Tyrion was watching Jaimie and telling him to flee.

Bran is ruining Winterfell, not the character the fucking atrocious actor. Creep "Hi Arya, I knew you were coming to Winterfell when I was watching you wash yourself in the river and you looked north"

i_ate_cats

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 am

:P me also

Though it was nice to be able to watch yesterday morning, good bank hol

Brilliant episode. I really enjoyed the reunion (mostly)
I agree re. Bran, he's stinking it up at the moment. Little weirdo.
I liked Arya's little practice match, she looked really tiny beside Brienne
Excellent battle scene, so much going on. That poor legless horse.

Eucrid

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:39 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:Bran is ruining Winterfell, not the character the fucking atrocious actor. Creep "Hi Arya, I knew you were coming to Winterfell when I was watching you wash yourself in the river and you looked north"
Yeah the actor is terrible but those creepy lines are in the script. Theres no need for it like.

Fred__Elliott

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 am

Eucrid wrote:
Fred__Elliott wrote:Bran is ruining Winterfell, not the character the fucking atrocious actor. Creep "Hi Arya, I knew you were coming to Winterfell when I was watching you wash yourself in the river and you looked north"
Yeah the actor is terrible but those creepy lines are in the script. Theres no need for it like.
yeah I know but he doesnt help with his delivery. "You looked beautiful the night you were raped" :lol:

Eucrid

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 am

There is a real disparity in the acting talent on the show. Some brilliant actors and some absolute duds. Emilia Clarke for instance is woeful. She's going to get fuck all good work after this show.

Lola

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Eucrid wrote:There is a real disparity in the acting talent on the show. Some brilliant actors and some absolute duds. Emilia Clarke for instance is woeful. She's going to get fuck all good work after this show.
Emilia Clarke is incapable of subtlety.

Bran is also killing me. STOP BEING A FUCKING CREEP AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL

I was absolutely dreading losing Bronn last night. He's one of my favourites.

It was a great episode but it wasn't 'The Best Ever' like everyone is harping on about. I still think the Battle of the Bastards got me way more excited / moved. I couldn't really give a fuck about the dragons tbh. It's not as interesting as watching humans fight

Eucrid

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Battle of the Bastards was a bit shit IMO.

Lola

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 pm

The end was but that 'Stand and face the horses' bit and all the claustrophobic battle scenes before the shitty crush bit were pretty epic

Dick Jones

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:53 pm

The Winds of Winter (6.10) for me.

enemies/friends

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Someone should just make a video mashup of all the battles and the likes of the red wedding back to back. That's all I really watch the show for tbh.

Lola

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Dick Jones wrote:The Winds of Winter (6.10) for me.
Fuck I forgot that. That was amazing too.

I'm only really interested in the North and the White Walkers. Everything else can be cut into minute slices and I wouldn't be too annoyed

I'm expecting a 'big death' soon because people seem to be surviving too much recently

mooch

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:26 pm

is jamie going to drown in all his armour?