Food Stalls

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Hi,

I'm considering getting a double decker bus and kitting it out to sell burritos. The application form requires me to already have the thing, even to get a quote, but I'm just trying to weigh if it's worth doing for the minute.

Can someone please tell me how much I can expect to pay for a spot to trade from at the festival?
DrCommie

If you were a real communist doctor you'd give us burritos for free.
Eucrid

where's my burrito!
where's my burrito!
maradara

If it was real communism you would be in there with me making the burritos, and the farmer would give me their produce so that I could give him a burrito for free. Unfortunately you would charge me money for making burritos for me, and the farmer won't give me his produce for free... greedy... :P
DrCommie

This farmer sounds suspiciously like a kulak.
Eucrid

a friend of mine had an idea for a stall and got everything ready to go, then they said no. i wouldnt be banking on getting into ep even if you get it all together, play the long game! My guess is most if not all of the stalls there have probably been in the game a while so have proven track record etc
stateofyouboy

I also have a proven track record, with a brick & mortar premises rather than a bus however;

https://www.instagram.com/munch_and_burrito_bar/

those were hands down the best burritos in Europe, never mind Ireland... even the pictures of them taste better than that flavourless slop served in the city centre by the likes of boojum!
DrCommie

We don't take kindly to people knocking Boojum around these parts doc...
Dick Jones

mouth is watering tbf, sorry we're not very helpful
stateofyouboy

DrCommie wrote:I also have a proven track record, with a brick & mortar premises rather than a bus however;

https://www.instagram.com/munch_and_burrito_bar/

those were hands down the best burritos in Europe, never mind Ireland... even the pictures of them taste better than that flavourless slop served in the city centre by the likes of boojum!

Mmmm... lookds good. I'm going to be working in Kildare later this week. Think i'll stop in for my lunch.
Biggy Shackleton

are you headin down kildare way bigs, i'll go in with you
I'm a businessman. I love money, I love power, I love capitalism. I do not now and never will love children.
Daddy Warbucks

Location: They say it can land on a dime... whatever that may be.

just lookin there actually, unfortunately this place seems closed now.

Interestingly enough, it made me do a quick search and i think there are ZERO burritto places in kildare.

You wonder what damage one would do around naas. Strange town though naas, on paper should be into all the same stuff as dublin, yet something keeps it different, possibly because everyone who would gravitate to on trend foods like that get it in dublin... where they work. the people who work locally wouldnt be exposed to it..

anyway, this lad has the right idea with a food truck. theres a lad doing pizza around these parts in a van and its unreal stuff.

to you, commiechef ... good luck buying the bus, great idea ... hit up the farmers market circuit for a regular stream of income... watch for max headroom barriers with it though if its double decker cause a lot of places will have them. plus the general size of it when you're probably gonna get a parking spot sized pitch. Would you not be better going the vintage citron or shiney metallic food wagon type deal?

and then its a matter of jumping on the next big wave of food trends. Personally i think its lebanese myself. used to get this lamb kofta from a couple of lads in a stall near me and it was fuckin unreal stuff. they used to serve it in a tray which kinda hampered them hitting that burritto wrap handiness ...

ate in a place called wolfnights in new york a couple of weeks back and theyd a fairly good take on it. wraps done with tumeric and chesnuts & other stuff. You'd pass that off as authentic middle eastern no hassle i reckon.

basically do lamb kofta kebab type stuff in dickied up wraps. none of the mess of kebabs... and different enough to prick the ears of the core customers.

the lamb one, then a beef kofta.. which is probably not a thing... chicken one and a falaffel one... bring a bit of grease or sauce into it... then wait for the "i hit the epicentre of the trend" money to fly in!
I'm a businessman. I love money, I love power, I love capitalism. I do not now and never will love children.
Daddy Warbucks

Location: They say it can land on a dime... whatever that may be.

You forgot halloumi. The African style is better, i.e. with peanut sauce.
Amused that we've just suggested a totally different business model instead of being helpful toward the question posed.
Phierstarter

I'm impressed that no one has suggested sending a pm to Electricnose.
Lumbo

Return to The Electric Picnic