Rio Olympics 2016

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Well the Argentinian Women's hockey team are doing their best to offset any mortification.

Be careful where you google that.
Lumbo

Dick Jones wrote:Have there been any other Olympic controversies among other countries, that maybe aren't newsworthy here.

Would be good if there were, just to offset the mortification a bit.

There's your man Lochte and his apparent gun point robbery by people dressed in fake police uniforms that seemingly may not actually have happened
enemies/friends

Dick Jones wrote:Have there been any other Olympic controversies among other countries, that maybe aren't newsworthy here.

Well, the Ryan Lochte thing is getting curiouser and curiouser as the days go by.

Poland had a weightlifter sent home. There's been a couple of weight lifter i think.

And you have the ethiopian girl taking 13 seconds off the 10km world record.... a world record that has stood since '92 when that dodgy chinese girl smashed the previous record by 40 odd seconds. A record that has since had a whistle blower admit that they were part of a state sponsored doping programme.
I don't think anyone is buying that one.

But the mere fact that there is even a single russian athlete at these olympics casts the biggest shadow of all.
Biggy Shackleton

Lumbo wrote:Well the Argentinian Women's hockey team are doing their best to offset any mortification.

Whats this now?
Biggy Shackleton

The BBC did a bit on it before but during the olypmics the UK press seem happy to largely ignore that two of Mo Farahs coaches have caught in possession of drugs or doped some of their other athletes.

Kuwait are barred from the olympics for govt interference with their olympic comitteee
LordPercy

Biggy Shackleton wrote:
Lumbo wrote:Well the Argentinian Women's hockey team are doing their best to offset any mortification.

Whats this now?
Dick Jones

The US taxes thier athletes on the money given to them by their olympic committee but it even values the medals and includes the cost of them in the tax calculation.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37099066
LordPercy

Biggy Shackleton wrote:

Whats this now?

There's pictures going around :shock:
Lumbo

I gathered that, but of them doing what?

What exactly should I type into Google is my question.
Biggy Shackleton

Biggy Shackleton wrote:I gathered that, but of them doing what?

Argentina + Women + Hockey + Shower

OK, so it turns out the pictures are from the London Olympics. Still worth a look.
Lumbo

Lumbo wrote:
Biggy Shackleton wrote:I gathered that, but of them doing what?

Argentina + Women + Hockey + Shower

OK, so it turns out the pictures are from the London Olympics. Still worth a look.

At times like this my mind drifts back to the wonderful days of Gabriela Sabatini.
Biggy Shackleton

:lol:

Charlie Sheen: Ramada! For a moment I thoght you were-

Ramada: I know...Gabriela Sabatini. I get that all the time.
Dick Jones

Re world records getting broken, was thinking about Kate Ledecky there the other day.

She beat the 400m world record by around 2s, which is a pretty healthy amount. But how was it that the rest of the field was so far behind her? 5 - 10 seconds or so iirc. Not only behind her, but anything remotely close to the record?

It doesn't say much for the standard is what I'm getting at. They can't ALL have had a bad day while she had a particularly good one.
Dick Jones

So regards Lochte and his armed robbery... Turns out the police have found video of him fighting security at a petrol station and they made up the entire armed hijacking bit :lol:
enemies/friends

where'd you see that???
JC!

He's as thick as pig shit that Lochte fella. There was a montage of interviews after London. Not a lot going on upstairs.
Dick Jones

4th place by a nose for Ireland in 400m hurdles.
Dick Jones

That was brilliant.

He's on PEDs, right?
Shatners Bassoon

If you mean Pretty Excellent Dreams, then yeah he's off his tits.
Dick Jones

He cut half a second off his heat time, which he won, and didn't get a medal. Some competition.
What a run, fair fucks to him.
BadTurtle

Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

PreviousNext

Return to The Electric Picnic