Primavera '16

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
LordPercy

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am

i_ate_cats wrote:Already mentioned above but I'm really excited about seeing Boredoms.

Going to aim to see these as well:
Beak>
Holly Herndon
Dj Koze

And loads of others. Anyone seen Brian Wilson before? What's he like these days?
He was good craic when he played EP a few years ago and I'm not really into the beach boys. Sure once he brings a decent backing band and singers it almost doesnt matter. Pet sounds on a sunny day'd be good fun.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am

i_ate_cats wrote:Already mentioned above but I'm really excited about seeing Boredoms.

Beak>
Holly Herndon
Dj Koze

And loads of others. Anyone seen Brian Wilson before? What's he like these days?
Brian Wilson at EP in i think around 10/11 is still in my top 5 gigs of all time. Everyone was so happy! And his musicians are absolute shit hot

Mr.K

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Big highlights for me would be these:

Autolux
Boredoms
Destroyer
Kamasi Washington
Thee Oh Sees
Titus Andronicus
Ty Segall + The Muggers

You'd probably like Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees SB, full on intense garage rock.
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

BadTurtle
Location: Pour up, drank. Head shot, drank. Sit down, drank. Stand up, drank.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:29 pm

i_ate_cats wrote:
BadTurtle wrote: Ho99o9
Listening to these for the first time.

:thumbs:
Brilliant fun live too, bunch of mental cases.

Dick Jones

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:33 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:

Beak>
Holly Herndon
Dj Koze

Brian Wilson at EP in i think around 10/11 is still in my top 5 gigs of all time. Everyone was so happy! And his musicians are absolute shit hot
Same here, I only half like the Beach Boys but my friends had us right up the front, everyone was singing their little hearts out it was magical.

And yeah one of the best session bands I've ever seen.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:51 am

The Avalanches added to Primvera

Thats a blast from the past if ever there was one

BadTurtle

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:02 am

Cracking addition. They haven't played anywhere since 2007, and "apparently" (because how many times has this come up in a conversation about the Avalanches) they are nearly done with their new stuff now.
Even so, without any new stuff it'll be great. Since I Left You is one of my favourite albums,

Dick Jones

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 am

Avalanches above, business continues below...that's mad. Guess that means this mystical second album is real.

i_ate_cats

Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 am

There was a time there when I was sick to the gills of Since I Left You, got a lot of radio play and was the party wind down album of choice for a long time. Probably time to revisit it.

Dick Jones

Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 am

i_ate_cats wrote:There was a time there when I was sick to the gills of Since I Left You, got a lot of radio play and was the party wind down album of choice for a long time. Probably time to revisit it.
:D I just said this on fb, looks like the soundtrack to every house party you went to from 2000 - 2003 is about to get a follow up.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:00 am

I cant fucking wait for Prima. Counting the days. Just want a break too.

Theres so many good bands playing. Clash central I found a lot of stuff near the bottom of the lineup that is great too. Nothing Places, Redthread, Roosevelt, Siberian Wolves. All good stuff

Add to Sigur Ros, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Explosions, Battles, Drive Like Jehu, Beirut, Daughter, Beach House, John Carpenter, Unsane, Brian Wilson, Air, Tame Impala, Mudhoney, Dinosaur JR, Suede, Savages.

Its gonna be a busy weekend

BadTurtle

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:33 am

Must actually start checking out bands now.
Already have Radiohead, LCD, Avalanches, Tame Impala, Air, Brian Wilson, Pusha T, Vince Staples, Kamasi Washington, Julia
Holter, Moderat, Ho99o9, John Carpenter and Animal Collective on my must see list.
Suede, Sigur Ros, PJ Harvey, Hudson Mohawke, Battles, Explosions, Maceo Plex, Floating Points, Neon Indian, Thee Oh Sees Action Bronson, Pantha Du Prince and Venom are all on the try to see list.
So many bands, so few definitely skips.

Rusty Shackleford

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:39 am

Im looking forward to Explosions in the Sky a lot. One of my favourite bands for years and the only time I ever seen them was at EP where the tent was so packed we had to stand outside. Crowd was shit and could barely hear.

Hoping for a better atmosphere as the sun sets on Barcelona with a much more appreciative crowd! Only thing is if they clash with LCD, the clash from hell. I think id have to pick LCD

Mr.K

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Sorted my flights and accommodation yesterday. Staying near the Sagrada Familia, which is close enough to where I was last year.

I counted it up a few weeks ago and I think I want to see roughly fifty acts. Clash city. Priorities are Avalanches, Air, John Carpenter, Boredoms, Deerhunter, Destroyer, Pusha T, Vince Staples, Dam-Funk and Kamasi Washington. The lineup is so nuts, even now and they still have to announce acts for the hidden stage.

BadTurtle

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 pm

phpBB [video]

Dick Jones

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:22 pm

That's great, but also kind of ruined knowing there's some pompous asshole standing completely still on the front row, filming the gig instead of just enjoying it.

ishouldcoco

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:36 pm

Am I the only one who completely missed the LCD soundsystem hype train around here? I always say I'm gonna investigate them more, but then I look at clips like above, and think "meeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Mr.K

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Ahahaha! Some cunt's phone goes absolutely flying after it all kicks off! Fuck, they're going to be brilliant.

Dick Jones

Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:56 pm

ishouldcoco wrote:Am I the only one who completely missed the LCD soundsystem hype train around here? I always say I'm gonna investigate them more, but then I look at clips like above, and think "meeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Their shows are/were fuckin unreal, that's the long and short of it. The whole band working their asses off.

Lumbo

Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Dick Jones wrote:
ishouldcoco wrote:Am I the only one who completely missed the LCD soundsystem hype train around here? I always say I'm gonna investigate them more, but then I look at clips like above, and think "meeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Their shows are/were fuckin unreal, that's the long and short of it. The whole band working their asses off.
I remember the drummer at EP05 looking like he'd taken 20 yokes before the performance. His grey tshirt was nearly see through by the end of the gig.