Primavera '16

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Shytehawk

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 am

Ah ok....
Let me just get the missus to check that....

Shytehawk

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am

No we are after checking and what they sent us was a reference number and below it a link to click on so you can print bit every time we do that a Spanish notice comes up. I emailed the primavera people so we'll see what they say.

Mr.K

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:01 am

That should be it then. Enjoy the festival boss!

EDIT: Oh shite! Fuck, hope you get it sorted out!
I wrote:Fuck off, get free.

i_ate_cats

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:23 am

Interview done and dusted. Oh... the relief.

Holiday time, flying out tomorrow... can't wait.

Shytehawk

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Mr.K wrote:That should be it then. Enjoy the festival boss!

EDIT: Oh shite! Fuck, hope you get it sorted out!

Mystery solved....Spanish ticket master crashed today but it's back up now so I'm gonna have to print them at the Hotel tomorrow morning.

Have a good one everyone!

Phierstarter

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Boutros Boutros Ghali.

Their underground can't handle this much people.
Here, don't do what I did, I.e crash on a bench and wake without a wallet

Mr.K

Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:22 am

The underground can handle that much people but the reduced services caused by the strike aren't helping.

Shit buzz though Phier, where did that happen? Are you alright?

Fred__Elliott

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:51 am

Phierstarter wrote:Boutros Boutros Ghali.

I've been pick pocketed in Barcelona. It's rife over there, even if you are sober and not asleep on a bench.

why did you think sleeping on a bench was a good idea?

ishouldcoco

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:57 am

Phier has been robbed in 2 parks? Any more incidents or muggings phier? :lol:

Shytehawk

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:59 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:

I've been pick pocketed in Barcelona. It's rife over there, even if you are sober and not asleep on a bench.

Loads of people passing out outside the gates....pick pocketer's wet dream.
Really enjoying my first year but I can't get over how muted the crowd is and I can't put the blame on the locals because there a fare few yanks and brits too. Too cool for school, the band's almost expect it and don't put in the big encore.
Everything else is perfect, the organisation , the weather, the acts. Semi rant over.

ishouldcoco

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:03 am

Yeah I felt the same, thought it was lacking atmosphere the year I was there. The setup is very sterile too.

Rusty Shackleford

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:17 am

I feel like some of the bands playing those 2 fucking huge stages have no right to be there. Some of.them would be electric arena 4pm bands at EP. Apart from that its been great. The bacardi beach part is class. LCD suffered from the EP sat night late slot syndrome. Wasnt loud enough

Mr.K

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am

I'm getting over the muted crowds by standing with my friends and going nuts together. We were getting serious odd looks for that at LCD last night.

The beach stage is a great addition alright. Looking forward to seeing Bradford Cox play whatever weird solo improv nonsense he gets up to at that stage. Titus Andronicus are going to be unreal as well.

Shytehawk

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Mr.K wrote:I'm getting over the muted crowds by standing with my friends and going nuts together. We were getting serious odd looks for that at LCD last night.

The beach stage is a great addition alright. Looking forward to seeing Bradford Cox play whatever weird solo improv nonsense he gets up to at that stage. Titus Andronicus are going to be unreal as well.
There was a crazy Irish girl with curly hair who was going ape shit beside us at LCD sound system......the other extreme. She was getting strange looks too, I had to act as a buffer between my missus because she was getting a little too excited for my liking. I noticed there's no quirky costumes or the like, hipsters only please :ugeek:
Think I'm gonna hang out Casa Bacardi today, how much is the booze down there does anyone know?

Mr.K

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:54 pm

I think it was €7.00 for a mojito down at the beach stage. Don't remember seeing any beer for sale there but I wasn't looking for it really.

Shytehawk

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Mr.K wrote:I think it was €7.00 for a mojito down at the beach stage. Don't remember seeing any beer for sale there but I wasn't looking for it really.

Shhoundd

Mr.K

Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 am

The Avalanches. Fucking Hell.

Phierstarter

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:31 am

Fred__Elliott wrote:

One does not plan to sleep on a bench.

Apartment's far too far away. Rough slog.

Rusty Shackleford

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:42 am

The sound for the headliners is a definite issue. It's too low and when combined with people chatting and holding their fuckin iPhones and iPad in the air ruins the atmosphere. Plus Radiohead didn't use the big screens except for their pretentious epileptic bullshit which is fucking criminal imo given how many people were there

They were still good though. Everyone's been decent to very good. But nothing to blow he away yet

We lucked out location wise. Everyone crams onto the tram to head into Barcelona at the end of the night whereas we are going the other direction in a completely empty tram. So handy

Mr.K

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Yeah, you're in a good spot SB. Trams haven't been too bad for me but I've been leaving late around four each night.

Did you see Savages yesterday on the main stage? They were way too fucking loud but everything else on that stage has been pure quiet. Well weird.

Standouts so far have been LCD, Dinosaur Jr., Nao and Holly Herndon. Loads of other good stuff as well, including Tortoise.