The Nice Beer Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
Since we've no more Dukes we'll have to put it in here.

I had one of these buggers last night

Have to say, it was a bit over powering. Even my next beer tasted like it.
Eucrid

i know this is meant for nice beers but this is one to avoid -
kinnegar rustbucket: it was horrible, bland, tasteless beer. i got it in a beer sampler in the pub and ended up not finishing it. gave some to a mate and he agreed with me. Stay away from it.
fatguy2k1

Had some of this last night. Loses it's flavour quite fast and not a patch on Sam smiths oatmeal stout.

frank castle

Thought it was lovely on first sip but tasted sickly very rapidly.

I wanna start reading up on beer to learn to describe them properly.
Eriatarka

Location: I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody.

yeah I remember having that at the beer festival in the RDS. you're bang on, got very sickly. I reckon that was the one that sent us all over the ledge into oblivioun as well
Fred__Elliott

just reading here that juliana barwick, who i'm off to see tomorrow, has collaborated on an IPA with dogfish brewery in the states

rosabi, an IPA "featuring a touch of red rice and wasabi" will come with an EP that features sounds from the brewing process

this is the most ridiculous and amazing thing i've heard in quite some time
never_green

Dogfish head had a short run tv show which had an episode about making a Miles Davis beer. Think that started them Collaborating with musicians.
Eucrid

Yeah that show is on Netflix (USA I think) - that and tasting a couple of craft beers when I was in Canada were what got me wanting to make my own

The episode where they used peoples' spit was a bit worrying though.
enemies/friends

It seemed like a load of hassle for fuck all really. Wouldn't worry too much about the cooties though, that'd be boiled off before you drank it.

How do you brew? I'm going all grain soon, gonna use my FF winnings to buy a gas burner and a big ass pot.
Eucrid

My new favourite beer:
absolutely beautiful

Westmalle Tripel knocked into 2nd place..
gibster

Jesus Christ I still have that sig!
gibster

gibster wrote:My new favourite beer:
absolutely beautiful

if you're ever in Brussels you shoudl check out the bar of the same name. Its ridiculous
Fred__Elliott

Eucrid wrote:It seemed like a load of hassle for fuck all really. Wouldn't worry too much about the cooties though, that'd be boiled off before you drank it.

How do you brew? I'm going all grain soon, gonna use my FF winnings to buy a gas burner and a big ass pot.

All I've done so far was a couple of attempts at a home brewing kit. Just got it with all the ingredients and all to get an idea of how to go through the process. Only done two batches so far cos I just started a new job but hoping to get some time to do it properly and start experimenting and looking at other bits of kit once I get settled
enemies/friends

I've just done a couple of kits too. Can't wait to start doing it properly. Have a recipe made up and all.
Eucrid

My second kit is in the fermenter at the moment so I'll bottle that next weekend probably. I'll do a few of these to get the basics down before moving up , probably to extract brewing.
Rev

Fred__Elliott wrote:
gibster wrote:My new favourite beer:
absolutely beautiful

if you're ever in Brussels you shoudl check out the bar of the same name. Its ridiculous

I second this. It really is ridiculous

I also recommend Riggwelter. Image

It's delicious.
Lola

I wish more people did cans. Having a can of Founders Centennial and the aroma is amazing. So much better than bottles.
Eucrid

If anyone has any interest in starting to homebrew theres a brilliant deal on the homebrew company for €40 to get started. All of it would cost way over €100 most times. https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/fathe ... -2284.html Personally I'd go for the stout, hardest to fuck up.
Eucrid

Eucrid wrote:If anyone has any interest in starting to homebrew theres a brilliant deal on the homebrew company for €40 to get started. All of it would cost way over €100 most times. https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/fathe ... -2284.html Personally I'd go for the stout, hardest to fuck up.

just bought this... or sorry.. my wife and 2 childers bought it for me for fathers day

thanks mooch!

whats the bet i fuck up the stout eucrid :lol:
wretch

It should be a piece of piss. Just try and figure out the best place in your house to put it where the temperatures wont vary much. Usually somewhere without windows. Cool and dry is what you want. I bought one for the gfs brother for his birthday too. Got him the ale though.
Eucrid

Next

Return to The Electric Picnic