Annual Xmas Shizz Procrastination Thread

The main forum where you can talk about the festival - from the line-ups to camping advice and everything in between. Also forum for generally chatting and talking about things.
User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:45 am

I'm really excited about xmas, 13 consecutive days off inc. weekends. Have work party this weekend, then different friends drinks every weekend after that. Then going to the states for new years. Sure i'm happy out with myself

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am

got the kid all sorted this year then.

does he ever ask for much (I'm guessing yes, they all do).

User avatar
mooch
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: in your tummy

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:48 am

mojo is living the mofo dream right there.

your'e going to America again? I went once when I was 4.....so I was told.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:49 am

well he is 15 so the santy days are long over

he wants a new graphic card for his pc

pretty straightforward

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 am

my mate has a wean around the same age mojo and he tears the arse out of both the father and the mother at this time of year. asks for tonnes of stuff, and gets it.

jesus the thought of all that brings me out in a cold sweat. i guess you need to nip that shit in the bud nice and early on.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

mooch wrote:mojo is living the mofo dream right there.

your'e going to America again? I went once when I was 4.....so I was told.
i've been clocking up the air miles there a fair bit over the past few years

I'll only be over for a week. Going to go up the mountains and do a bit of skiing. Can't wait

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2522
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:53 am

15, you were 16 when you had him weren't you? So, you could be a granny this time next year.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am

eric the beard wrote:my mate has a wean around the same age mojo and he tears the arse out of both the father and the mother at this time of year. asks for tonnes of stuff, and gets it.

jesus the thought of all that brings me out in a cold sweat. i guess you need to nip that shit in the bud nice and early on.
nah my lad isn't like that. I told him he can pick whatever he wants to the value of 300 euro. He's done well at school this year so he deserves it. Though if I had told him I could only afford 100/200 euro he wouldnt have complained either.

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 am

you've raised him well mojo.

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:59 am

LordPercy wrote:15, you were 16 when you had him weren't you? So, you could be a granny this time next year.
Everyone always seems to think I was 16!

I blame that 16 and pregnant show

I was almost 18.

sure isnt that the age nature intended us to be child bearing

It is unlikely that I will be a granny any time soon unless my son learns to copulate with his cpu

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:00 pm

eric the beard wrote:you've raised him well mojo.
i'm very lucky. He is a very respectful/responsible young man.

He is nothing like I was when i was 15 :lol:

User avatar
LordPercy
Posts: 2522
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Ranking Profit and Ignorance

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:02 pm

mojo wrote:
LordPercy wrote:15, you were 16 when you had him weren't you? So, you could be a granny this time next year.
Everyone always seems to think I was 16!

I blame that 16 and pregnant show

I was almost 18.

sure isnt that the age nature intended us to be child bearing

It is unlikely that I will be a granny any time soon unless my son learns to copulate with his cpu
Well in a manner of speaking I'm sure he's has already. Lots

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Ew

User avatar
Dick Jones
Posts: 3565
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Old Detroit

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Image

User avatar
eric the beard
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm
Location: That's the best news I've had since I threw up my breakfast

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:12 pm

mojo wrote:
mooch wrote:mojo is living the mofo dream right there.

your'e going to America again? I went once when I was 4.....so I was told.
i've been clocking up the air miles there a fair bit over the past few years

I'll only be over for a week. Going to go up the mountains and do a bit of skiing. Can't wait
saw this at lunch and thought of you mate.
Image

User avatar
Casino
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Getting shaded under a money tree

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Mojo, where are you going skiing? Would love to I've it a go in the states. Have cousins from Lake Tagoe so wil hopefully happen some day

User avatar
mojo
Posts: 3948
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:11 pm

lol thats me eric. The dickhead hat round up is spot on, you see some amount of dickheads wearing 'wacky' looking hats thinking they are mad bastards

tbf i'm really not a great skier at all. I just like a socially acceptable excuse to drink all day long.

casino - mammoth mountain, wouldnt be that far from lake tahoe, prob about 3 hour drive. Lift passes are $112 a day! Some price. I've heard the skiiing in general in the states is good but the craic isnt. They don't even have apres ski there, dry cunts. Also the lift queues can be pretty bad apparently.

User avatar
Casino
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Getting shaded under a money tree

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:08 pm

That's outrageous for a ski pass. Mammoth is regarded as one of the best in the country so should be great anyway. Would have thought there'd be some après scene over there in the bigger resorts but it wouldn't be anything like the Alps. The Europeans know how to live.

I actually grew to hate the après culture and the way people carried on when I lived in France. In Canada the culture was much more that it was treated as a sport (plus there was no resort to speak of). There'd be raging parties in town after but wouldn't usually mix the two.

User avatar
Zook
Posts: 4514
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:54 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm

I went on a skiing holiday and didn't ski

Felt very smug at the bar at 12pm though
Image

Rob
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Why didn't you ski?

Post Reply